Chapter 1

Breathe Me

 

It was 2 in the morning, which meant the front door to his house was locked. He would’ve been home earlier if he hadn’t been having so much fun at his friend’s house.  Drinking, smoking, listening to music, passing the time, away from his parents. Typical teenager things, except that he wasn’t a teenager anymore. He was almost 23 years old.

He would’ve texted his brother to open the door for him if he hadn’t lost his phone. So instead he circled the house trying to find another way in. Thankfully his brother still had his window open. Trying his best to keep quiet, he climbed the tree that held their old tree house and prayed to god he wouldn’t fall as he walked across a not so sturdy branch. It was close enough for him to jump onto the roof and into the window.

He grunted as he smacked his face against the window, but smiled happily he had completed his mission. He took two steps across the carpeted floor and trip over a pair of shoes. He toppled over causing a loud clutter and waking his brother up.

“,” he cursed silently, rubbing his knee. So much for being quiet.

The younger jumped and grabbed the closest thing he could find. “Who’s there?” a soft voice asked groggily into the dark. A silent click was heard as a lamp was , filling the room with light.

“Don’t! It’s me!” The elder covered his eyes to shield them from the sudden brightness.

“Hyung? What the hell?” he asked holding a bat over his head getting ready to beat the living out of the intruder.

After a while his eyes adjusted and found his brother still in that pose. “Really, Tae? A bat?”

“Hey, you never know when some random is going to climb in through your window,” he shot back. For a moment he considered smacking Onew over the head anyway to get back at him for scaring him half to death.

Taemin decided against it, considering Onew didn’t have many brain cells left to spare. His brother was clumsy enough as it was. He put his bat down. “Do you know what time it is? Where have you been?”

“I was hanging out with some friends. God, Tae.” Onew said trying to stand up, but sat back down when he realized that wasn’t such a good idea. “Every day you sound more and more like mom.”

“Shut up.”

“YAH,” Onew said pointing a finger. “Respect your hyung.”

“Whatever,” Taemin said rolling his eyes and crossing his arms.

“Tae-ah,” Onew said crawling over to the bed and managing to get up. Taemin thought Onew would just sit next to him like he usually did whenever he got home drunk, but this time he had underestimated Onew’s affection. He threw his arms around his younger brother and hugged him so tight Taemin swore all the air had been squeezed out of him.

“I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!” Onew practically yelled.

“Hyung, be quiet! You’ll wake mom!” Taemin whispered.

“What would I do without you?”

“Probably get caught. Yah, get off me!”

“I love you so much,” Onew continued.

“Ugh! Your breath smells disgusting!” Taemin said fighting off the other best he could. Sadly he was losing.

Onew stayed this way and when he grew quiet, Taemin knew he was falling asleep. “Yah, wake up. You better get to your room before mom and dad find out you’ve been gone all night,” Taemin said still refusing to hug his brother.

“I have nothing to worry about. I’m a grown man,” Onew stated as a matter of fact voice.

“Who acts like a , love struck 16 year old.” Taemin finished. “C’mon hyung. Save yourself a fight and go to your room.”

“Whatever you say, dongsaengie,” Onew slurred, he pulled away and ruffled Taemin’s hair so hard it hurt his head.

“Ow!” Taemin said pulling away.

“You’re so cute~” Onew said pinching his cheeks, giggling he stood and walked towards the door.

“Get out!” Taemin growled trying his best to keep his voice down for his brother’s sake.

Onew blew Taemin a kiss before closing the door behind him. Taemin sighed running a hand through his hair and laid back down. “3…2…1,” he counted.

“YAH, LEE JINKI!” he heard his dad shout.

“There it is,” Taemin said turning off his light and covering his head with his pillow. There wasn’t a doubt in his mind his brother had walked into the wrong room. He knew Onew was going to get it good this time.

Can’t say I didn’t try to help. Taemin thought. He snuggled into his blankets and quickly drifted off to sleep.

Malkom’s Note
LMFAO! I have no idea what I’m doing :P
Hope you like it~
Heads up this is a short story.