Chapter 10

Breathe Me

 

Taemin snuck out of his house to be greeted by a patiently waiting Minho. Taemin felt his heart do flips in his chest as he approached the other. “Hyung…” Taemin said softly, causing Minho to look up from his phone.

 

“Taemin…wow. You look great,” Minho smiled, looking the younger boy up and down.

 

“Thanks,” Taemin said feeling his face flush. It seemed like no matter how many times he tried to fight his feelings, Minho would always make him feel like there were butterflies in his stomach. “You do too.”

 

Taemin could’ve just as easily lied and said he was spending the the night at a friend’s house, but he liked this better. He liked the thrill he got from it. The feeling of doing something he knew he shouldn’t.

 

They drove into the city. The date wasn’t anything extraordinary. A simple dinner and a movie, Minho knew it was cliché, but that fact that they were together was what made all the difference.

They talked, during dinner, laughed during the movie. Minho flirted, Taemin blushed.

 

By the end of the night Taemin was under Minho’s arm, head leaning on his shoulder, cuddled up to him as they laid on top of his truck looking up at the stars.

 

“I had fun tonight, hyung.” Taemin said in a quiet voice.

 

“I did too,” Minho confessed. “But it’s getting late,” he whispered in Taemin’s ear. Taemin stirred quietly hugging the taller male’s torso a slightly tighter.

 

“I don’t wanna go home yet,” Taemin said. His mind frantic to find an excuse, any excuse to keep them together just a little longer. Just then Minho’s phone buzzed. It was Changmin. “Looks like you won’t have to.” Minho grinned, rubbing Taemin’s arm lovingly. “Feel like crashing a party?”

 

---

 

“Hey, man,” Changmin greeted handing Minho a bottle of beer. “Where you been?”

 

“Sorry,” Minho chuckled. “I was just finishing off my date,” He said arm still around Taemin. He clinked his bottle to Changmin’s and took a sip.

 

“Can I have one?” Taemin asked, seeing as how this was a party and everyone was drinking.

 

Minho eyed Taemin for a moment. “Your brother is going to kill me.”

 

“What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.”

 

“I did make you a promise,” Minho chuckled, handing Taemin a bottle. “To be there when you had your first drink.”

 

Taemin smiled as he took the open bottle. It was nice knowing Minho was a man of his word, despite what Onew had said.

 

---

 

“Where’s Taemin?” Mrs. Lee asked walking down the stairs.

 

“I don’t know.” Onew shrugged looking back at the TV. “Did you check his room?”

 

“I just came from there. He said he was going to bed early because he didn’t feel well, but…he’s gone.”

 

“Don’t worry, umma,” Onew said, standing up and walking over to her, trying to calm her. He had a pretty good idea of where Taemin was and who he was with. “I’m sure he’s just out with his friends. I’ll go look for him.”

 

---

 

“I can’t believe you did that!” Minho laughed grabbing hold of his sides. It hadn’t taken long for Taemin to get tipsy considering he had never drank before. They had both had had about 3 beers. Taemin felt warm, despite the cold air.

 

“Me either!” Taemin giggled as he finished telling Minho a story of how he had gotten kicked out of chemistry for accidently blowing something up. He blamed Minho because he was the one who he was texting at the time. Taemin stood up from one of the lawn chairs. Taking a couple of steps, he immediately felt dizzy. Tripping over his own feet, he crash landed on top of Minho, knocking them both to the floor.

 

“Oh, hello,” Taemin smiled, cheeks burning.

 

“Hello, yourself,” Minho smiled. He slowly leaned up to meet Taemin’s plump read lips. Minho was only centimeters from Taemin’s face when a car suddenly pulled up and blinded them both with its headlights. A figure stepped out and marched towards them. It was Onew. A really pissed off Onew.

 

Taemin managed to roll off Minho and look up. “Hyung-” Taemin tried to say when he recognized him.

 

“What the hell are you doing-” Onew stopped as he grabbed hold of his younger brother’s arm and smelled the alcohol on his breath. “Are you drunk?” He asked.

 

“Ani-” Taemin hiccupped. He covered his mouth and smiled. “Maybe a little,” he giggled, unable to stand still.

 

“Do you know how worried I was?! I’ve been looking for you everywhere and I come to find you like this …with him.” Onew scolded. He glared at Minho before walking back towards his car pulling Taemin with him.

 

“Yah, hyu-” Before Taemin could say anything else Onew threw him inside the car and walked over to the driver’s side.

 

“Onew-” Minho tried to say, but was cut off.

 

“How could you give him alcohol?”

 

Minho shrugged. “He wanted to try it. He was bound to eventually. Jesus, Onew, when are you going to realize that he’s not a little kid anymore?”

 

Onew walked up to Minho, huffing angrily “You promised.” He said in a low voice.

 

“I know, but look-” he was cut off again when Onew’s fist made contact with his jaw, making his stumble back.

 

“Minho!” Both men heard, Taemin cry out from the car. Luckily he was still to buzzed to open the door open.

 

“You’re an . An inconsiderate, lowlife, selfish, ing .” Onew spat. “Just stay away from him, Minho,” Onew growled turning to walk back to his car door. The taller was taken aback by the sudden order. “And if I don’t?” Minho asked, grabbing hold of his jaw.

 

“Then you and I… are going to have a serious problem.” With that Onew got in his car. Minho watched as Onew switched the engine on and disappeared down the street.

 

“What the hell, hyung?” Taemin asked angrily.

 

“What’s wrong with you!?” Onew scolded. “Why do you think its okay for you to just get up and sneak out of the house? You’re lucky I found you when I did!”

 

“Why do you suddenly care about what I do? It’s not like you were ever there for me before. Can’t I just have one night to myself?”

 

“For what? So you can go to a party and get drunk?”

 

“It was one- two- hold on…” Taemin counted in his head. “Three beers!  Nothing happened! Minho was there!”

 

Onew focused on the dark road as a sigh left his mouth, “I don’t want you hanging out with him anymore.”

 

“What?!” Taemin asked, his dizziness was starting to get worse. “Why?”

 

“Because, look at you, Taemin! This isn’t like you! Look at what he’s turned you into!”

 

“No, this is you!” Taemin shouted back.

 

“What?”

 

“Take a good look, hyung! This is you. Ever since we were kids you always pushed me aside. You never took me with you anywhere and when your friends came over you refused to let me talk to them much less hang out. You stopped being my brother. Even now, I’m trying to find ways to fit in your life somehow. Do the things you do, get along with your friends, but instead you push me away! Why do you try so hard to push me away?” Taemin asked, tears streaming down his face.

 

Onew hadn’t taken that into consideration. Maybe it wasn’t Minho who had led Taemin to this sudden attitude change. Maybe it had been him. Onew stayed quiet and refused to look at his brother. After a few minutes, Onew finally pulled into their drive way and turned off the engine. “I’m so-”

 

“Forget it.” Taemin said as he got out of the car and stumbled towards the house. He wasn’t feeling very good.

 

Onew waited a few moments before getting out of the car and following. To his surprise his parents were still up waiting for him when he opened the door. . He thought

 

“What is the meaning of this? Mr. Lee asked.

 

“Just be glad I found him before things got worse,” Onew said trying to calm his parents down.

 

“How could you let this happen?” Mrs. Lee cried. She petted Taemin’s head as he laid on the couch. “I don’t feel good,” Taemin groaned holding onto his stomach.

 

“Look at what you’re doing?” Mr. Lee shouted pointing to the boy on the couch.

 

“Me? I haven’t done anything!” Onew couldn’t believe it. This was the thanks he got for finding his brother.

 

“Look at the kind of example you’re setting for Taemin! He looks up to you! It’s all your fault he’s like this!”

 

“Stop!” Taemin a shouted as he stood from the couch. “Just…stop. He didn’t do anything…”

 

“Honey, you’re tired.” Mrs. Lee said as she tried to take Taemin’s arm and lead him upstairs. “Let me help you-”

 

Taemin pulled his arm away. “I can do it myself.”

 

Onew watched his little brother nearly trip as he walked up the stairs. A part of him wanted to help him to his room and apologize for being such a jerk lately, but another part of him wanted to be angry.

 

Why was it okay for Taemin to rebel and not him?

 

Why was it okay for Taemin to do wrong and not him?

 

Why was everything acceptable for Taemin …and not him?

 

 

Malkom’s Note
So yeah that punch was for my amor cuz I know how much she’s been wanting it LOL
it's my way of thanking her for making me feel better.
I was feeling like and her comforting words just made everything better,
so thank you amor~  I love you ♥
I also wanted to thank my readers, both silent and those who comment.
It’s nice to know you guys are out there reading my stuff and actually liking it.
Brings tears to my eyes ;~;

And lastly, Sungyo, you !… chill, bro. You’ll get your story XD ♥

 

Koalaber: I’m glad you like it! I always liked the idea of a dark Onew lol his clumsy/sweet side is cute, but Onew is hot *Q* Thank you for the song! I love it and it does fit OnKey extremely well ^^ The whole story actually! XD I’m sorry to say this is a short story, but I am trying to make it a tiny bit longer~

lee_xuan: I know ><;;

Isabella0998: I love your long comments! Bless you, dear ♥

Angel_Pup23: It’ll get better I promise! Hi btw! ^^ I’ve missed you~

Bitnaneunonkey: Yay! :DD Welcome and Thank you for reading!

Dubulee: You’re so sweet! Thank you ^^;;

Sungyo: I get it! You want his him! Chill, mujer! XD

SugarPopFiction: 2min forever ♥ ;~;