Time Loop - Part 2

Timeless Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 20: Time Loop - Part 2 ▬

 

“What?”

“I mean, we can try doing what we had normally planned for Hyerin but instead of the yearbook, it has to be something Ms. Jeongyeon finds valuable to her. The problem is, we don’t know what that is.”

“I think I know,” Mr. Junho whispered back. “You guys help me distract her and I’ll grab the ring that she has on her right hand.”

With a silent telepathic reply, they all tried to take a step forward but the hand around Minkyung’s neck only tightened to which the latter whimpered.

“Don’t you dare. I’m almost done with the spells and I’m not going to waste my efforts.”

Mr. Byunghyun saw the five INFINITE members inch closer to the teacher’s back and after throwing an internal expletive at their courageous but dangerous attempt, he decided to keep her attention on him. “‘Almost done’ you say. What have you done this time?”

“Don’t tell me you killed someone again,” Minhyun said almost jokingly. When he only received a murderous grin from his teacher, his mouth gaped open. “Oh my god.”

“Shame. She wanted to become friends since we were both the only female teachers left from the past.”

“Hey!” L screamed from behind her. Once she turned around in surprise, L managed to grab a hold of the hand with the knife, pull it open to let Minkyung free, and twisted it behind her body. “This is where everything stops for you.”

“W-What do we do now?” Sungyeol stammered while he looked at the others a few feet away from him.

“Minkyung, the concoction!” Toma bellowed.

Minkyung coughed while her hands automatically rested by her neck. “I-I dropped it when she took me.”

“It’s here!” Soryong grabbed the grenade, flung away the latch, and with a strong force, threw it to the ground. The ground then erupted in yellow-colored flames and Soryong had to cover his eyes with an arm while backing away.

“We only have three minutes before the flame dies down,” Sunggyu added.

“Kim Myungsoo!” Mr. Junho took the young one’s attention. “The ring on her right hand, throw it in the flames!”

Startled, Ms. Jeongyeon tried to get away. “No!”

“Stop… squirming…!” L clenched his teeth as he tried to get the ring out of her finger. “I think it’s s-stuck!”

“Move over,” Minsoo went over to them. His face was calm and he looked weary. His eyes were filled with resignation and whatever he was thinking of doing, no one could tell.

L tried to give her to him but instead, she got out of his holding and tried to run away. Minsoo ran after her and when he caught up, forcefully grabbed her wrist in anger and led her to the flames.

“W-Wait, Bang Minsoo.”

“My sister waited for this long enough.”

“I told you to wait.”

“Well,” his raging eyes darted towards her. “I have waited long enough for this day too.”

“No,” she kept repeating as she grew closer and closer to the yellow flames. She tried to free herself but his grip on her was too strong. “NO!”

“I’m not letting you go so let’s die together, you witch.”

Sensing that his friend wasn’t stopping to just throw the teacher into the flames by herself, Changjo panicked. “Wait, Minsoo! What are you doing?!”

“Making sure that this wretch doesn’t get away!”

Once they were by the flames, Minsoo stood Ms. Jeongyeon in front of him and trapped her in a bear hug. Then without one bit of hesitation, he stepped into the raging fire. The sounds of both of their screams were deafening to the ears. Indeed, Ms. Jeongyeon still tried to flee but Minsoo held his ground. A few seconds later, the flames finally died down, leaving not even their ashes in its wake.

“That Bang Minsoo,” Sunggyu tsked, whisking his head away as he shut his eyes tight.

“He took Minah’s death the hardest,” A tear fell from Haeri’s cheek. “He was a great brother to her and he took care of me like his own sister until the end.”

“That,” Woohyun whispered under his breath, “was intense.”

“So guys,” Hyerin spoke after a wave of silence. “How have you been?”

Snapping out from his thoughts, Sunggyu ran towards her to give her a hug. She was caught off guard for a second but returned it nonetheless.

“I missed you too.” Then she whispered the words that he said to her before, “Love goes on for eternity, right?”

“What really happened, Hyerin?” Toma interrupted.

“Ms. Jeongyeon, she saw me crying one day and told me that she could help.”

“Help?”

“My father recently died and it took a huge toll on me,” she explained. “Then she said that she worked as a psychologist before so for a few sessions, she’d help me get through with my depression.”

“Hypnosis,” Minhyun blurted to which Hyerin gave a nod. “Despicable.”

“Her voice sounds familiar,” Woohyun mumbled. He then remembered what happened that morning when he went to find Sunggyu. “You talked to me! You were that voice from this morning!”

Hyerin giggled. “Yes, that was me. I was finalizing some spells on my side and heard your voice. I was somehow able to feel this area for some weird reason and that’s why I responded the way I did.”

“That was so freaky. I thought I was about to get possessed.” The others laughed while Woohyun shivered.

After their laughter died down, Haeri sighed. “I guess we won’t be going through the time loop now, will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter