The Chaser

That Year's Summer

 

a/n: there's a bit of a time skip here... I hope you guys won't get confused...

 

“Why are you here?” Sunggyu asked as he looked at him with curious eyes. Ever since Junhyung and Jiyoon started dating he and Sunggyu became friends as well but not that really close since he somehow grew a hatred feeling towards him that at first he didn’t know why but now he clearly understands the reason and it was because he liked Jiyoon as well.

“I thought you ought to know that Jiyoon and I are leaving this Friday. That’s all sorry to disturb you.” he said then left.

He then remembered the incident with Julia where he let her slip away and he didn’t want the same thing to happen.

Sunggyu was on his way home when he passed by a restaurant. He didn’t know why he took a glance at the place but he was thankful he did as he saw a very familiar face. He went inside to make sure that he wasn’t seeing things. When he was sure that it was Julia he decided to approach her but stopped on his tracks when she saw her walk towards a table with a man facing his back on him. Questions filled his mind that he decided to stay, he didn’t want to do it but it was the first time that she didn’t tell him that she would be going out. He didn’t deprive her from meeting her friends so how come she didn’t tell him about this? He didn’t want to jump to conclusions so he sat himself from where he could still see them.

~~~~~

When they got outside and the guy had left, whom Sunggyu remembered as Julia’s ex-boyfriend, he then approached her and she was surprised to see him that made it more suspicious. “He was your ex right? Why were you with him?” he asked as he held back his anger. They were in a public place so he didn’t want to go berserk.

“I’m breaking up with you.” she said with no emotion at all. He was shocked. Did he do something wrong? Just out of the blue she would want to end their relationship. Then it hit him maybe he’s got something to do with this.

“Are you really leaving me for him? You’re really choosing him over me?” he asked her.

“He’s offering everything I need.” she simply stated.

“What did I do wrong? We can talk this over just because he can give you everything you’re leaving me? I know I don’t earn that much but I can still give you want you want.”

“We’re done and that’s final I don’t need to explain myself.” she left him dumbfounded. It took a while for him to register what just happened. He then ran and followed her, he saw her ride her car and drive away. His eyes followed her car and then in an instant he saw it crash with a truck. He quickly ran to her aid but it was too late she was no longer breathing and all he could do was cry and have regrets.

He blamed himself for what happened. If he had chased after her the moment she left then he could’ve prevented that incident.

Why are they leaving? It’s a good thing right? I mean I can easily move on if she’s not around. It would make life easier since my feelings for her won’t grow and will just disappear. Who am I kidding?” those were the thoughts running in his mind and unwillingly tears then started to roll down his eyes. He can’t let the same thing happen but he couldn’t just go there and stop her, she’s his friend and she’s happy with Junhyung. He didn’t want to ruin their relationship especially when she found the man that would love her truly.

~~~~~

Friday came quickly then he thought, they’re probably in the airport already. He can’t keep still and he was pacing back and forth debating whether he should go or not. Before he could make his final decision his body moved on its own. He was already on his way to the airport *I just hope I’ll get there in time.*

As soon as he reached the airport he wasted no time and went inside to look for Jiyoon. He was practically running around the place but he couldn’t find her. He was already losing hope, just when he decided to chase after her it backfires. He decided to take a look around one more time maybe he didn’t get a glimpse of her because he was running. He calmly walked around and made sure to look at the persons he would pass by closely.

Sunggyu stopped on his tracks when he heard someone call him.

“She had left already.” he said. Sunggyu was catching his breath and he fell on his knees when he heard what Junhyung had just said. “You should’ve come earlier since I told you she was leaving.”

“You didn’t go with her?” he asked as he stood up. He was sure that he said ‘they’ were leaving.

“Since she had left already I’ll tell you the truth. I broke up with her I let her go because I know she likes you. But when she came to see you, you said that you were going to move on. You didn’t even let her finish what she was supposed to say.”

Sunggyu was now getting more confused. “But she told me that you two were still together. What was she supposed to say?” he had a feeling his answer would’ve made a turn of events.

“She wasn’t able to say if after hearing you say that you wanted to move on. She didn’t want to confuse you any longer and seeing as you were determined she decided to push aside her feelings. She was supposed to say that she likes you as well.”

“I said those words because I didn’t want you guys to break up because of me.”

“Well you can’t do anything now she had left already. I gave you the chance to stop her but you blew it off.” he said as he gave him a pat on the back. “See you around.” he added and left Sunggyu. If only he had let her finish what she had to say then they could’ve been together. He wouldn’t be sulking about not being able to chase after her.

~~~~~

“I’m sorry.” Seungyeon said as soon as Sunggyu was standing in front of her. He had actually called her to ask her if she knows anything about Jiyoon leaving. “I’m sure the two of you would see each other again and make sure that when that time comes you’ll never let her go.”

“I hope you’re right. I would also like to say that I forgive you and I’m sorry as well. I never really took into consideration your feelings and that I had acted irrational. I hope we could go back to the way we used to be. I know it would be awkward but let’s try.” he then smiled at her which she returned with a smile of her own.

 

 

 

 

~here's an update ^^ hope you like it...