Hide

My Collection: Carnival

Something wrong with Hoya. He begins to hide from her.

She feels sick of that.

Hoya and Eunji become close after joining the same variety show-Birth of A Family with their respective groups. Initially, it was Sungjong that being the closest with Eunji amongst his hyungs since he and Eunji were both dog-lovers and at same age. But with time passing, Hoya and Eunji have been gradually developing a more profound relationship(no further romance, just pure friendship). Some of their members once doubted how did this relationship continue because of their completely opposite personalities. Eunji is the happy virus, soft, talkative and hyperactive, while Hoya is cold, tough, timid and silent. Even Eunji wondered how did their friendship start. Maybe because they owned same hometown(the larger part). Maybe it was the concentration shown on his face when he was dancing that catched her eyes, or it was the soundless help when they building dog house in the show, or his soft chuckle and brilliant smile when he was spending time with s, or just…anything. Anything about him could easily captivate her mind.

 

Wait. Anything about him? Since when did he become so impressive in my mind?

 

I guess… Maybe I’m in love? With Howon?



 

Something wrong with my heart.

 

Hoya would miss a certain girl uncontrollably. Her eyesmile, melting his heart everytime he saw her, lingered in his mind without leaving. Her voice, the powerful yet clear voice, occupied all his spare time to think of other melodious sounds in the world. Her caring and cheerful personality, effortlessly lightened up his gloomy mood. Whenever he met her, he couldn’t help resisting the urge to interwine her fingers with his, to give her a bearhug, and…to kiss her.

 

It frustrated him a lot.

 

He drowned into that girl too hard. The original friendship had already evolved into his one-side love.

 

He couldn’t spoil their friendship. This was the only connection tied between him and her. He feared to lose her.

 

So he decided to hide. Prohibited himself from losing the last tiny bit of sanity.



 

Hoya is hiding from her. This is not a interrogative sentence. But it is a declaractive statement.

 

This fact makes her feel sick.

 

After her realization to him, he starts to hide from her. Nothing worse than the one you love suddenly disappers from your life. Messes up with your mind then withdraws without biding farewell.

 

Text, no reply.

E-mail, no reply.

Call, no reply.

 

Being the person bad at hiding her emotions well, she decides to figure out why.



 

“Hey Sungjong, it’s me, Eunji. Could you please do me a favor?”

“Sure. What’s it?”

“Help me ask Howon out.”

“Why don't you ask him directly? Something wrong between you two?”

“Yes. And I want to know why. By the way, how’s he now?”

“Hyung has been absent-minded all these days. You know, more silent and distant. Locking himself in the bedroom after practicing… We all worry about him. Hope you can help us to find out what happened to him.”

“Yea, I will. Thank you.”

“Good luck, noona.”



 

“Hyung, pleaseeeeee~ She is my classmate and dying to meet you. Just once, you won’t regret.”

“…Okay. This will be the last time.”


 


 

Finally we meet again.”

Hoya is startled by the unexpected familiar voice emerging behind him.

 

Since when have I diagnosed with auditory hallucination?

That’ s bad. Too bad. Lee Howon, be calm. She is not here. She is not here.

 

“Why don’t you turn around to face me? Am I that ugly?” Obvious sadness can be heard from the girl’s voice.

“Noooo, you’re beautiful. Really.” He hurriedly turns over. His heroine faces him, firmly locking his eyes with her chocolate, moist orbs.

 

So this is not a dream?

 

“I didn’t expect you were Sungjong’s classmate.”

“Because you constantly aovided me these days. So I asked Sungjong for help.” She sighs in frustration. “Please tell me why. I cannot bear you cut off all our connection without any explaination. We were close before, but now it turns out like this.”

 

Hoya doesn’t answer immediately. Be more exactly, he doesn't know how to explain. He knows he was the one should be blamed. He hurts her. Deepily.

 

But how dare I tell you that I hide from you because I love you and I am afraid to lose you as a friend?

 

She hates the silence between them. Devouring all his hidden emotions and smashing her affectionate heart into million pieces.

 

She can feel beads of tears rolling down her cheeks. Summer breeze blows gently on her face, acclerating her falling tears.

 

The reality slaps him hard back from his trance when hearing her light sobs. He will do anything to make her smile, but now, he is the one that makes her cry. Mentally cursing himself, he clumsily wiping her tears away in a flurry. Collecting all his guts, he pulls her into a hug.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just… I think I fall in love with you. But I am afraid…afraid to lose you…as a friend. So I want to hide my feelings. But it’s too hard. Everytime we meet, my affection for you grows nonstop.” Inhaled deepily, he muttered softly in her ear. “Jung Eunji, I love you.”

 

She can feel his hot breath touching her sensitive earlope. All the blood coming from her whole body rushes headlong onto her face.

 

Howon…Howon confessed to me?

 

Blinking her eyes with uncertainty, she retreats a bit from his embrace.

 

“Well, I guess this means refusal, right?” Howon chuckles bitterly at the girl’s dumbfounded reaction. “Sorry, I hope we can still be-”

 

His line is cutted by a pair of warm lips crushing over his.

 

“I love you too. Jung Eunji love Lee Howon.” She wraps her arms around the boy’s neck. “So stop hiding from me anymore.”

 

She can sense his grin on her lips, while pulling her closer into his bosom again.

 

“Fine.”

My first HoJi one-shot! Although it's a bit cliche, I still feel excited about that~ These two intrigue me to write more.  What do you think of that? Please subscribe and comment! Thank you:)

P.S. Which couple should I write next? Give me some suggestions:D