A not so normal highschool student.

Ties That Bind

 

 

‘Meeting them was fate,
Becoming their friends was choice,
them sticking around when times got tough…

Well that was theirs.

 

 

 

 

Some people when born are fed with a silver spoon. Receiving the latest clothes, phones, music deceives, computers or material objects as simply they breathed. Some still got what they wanted but had to give a little to get what they desired. And others well they had to give out as much as they could to get a portion of that back.
I hated the first two types of people. Hated. They had everything I wanted and more and yet seemed to be completely UN happy with it. Maybe it was the fact that they had parents that let them buy nice things.

Scoffing as I walked past the private High School Gates of Sophia International High, I mentally laughed at all the stupid little things some of the conversations I had overheard the girls say.

‘I need to go shopping again! I saw these new Louie Viton, low cuts that came out yesterday at the Shops. I need them’ an annoying caked face girl squealed loudly. I watched from the corner of my eyes as I walked past, as her friend grasped her elbow and nodded her head furiously along with her.

Selfish little girl.

I was poor, no I still am. I lived on exactly 800 dollars a week. Now that might seem like an ok amount of money for a teenager to live by but it wasn’t. I figured this out the first week living without any parentals by my side. I blew the money by buying the basic things I need to live with.
Food, The total cost of the food was over 100 dollars. I thought it was fine until I realised I need money for transport to and from school, the weekly rent to my apartment which was $110 a week.  Before I realised it figure the basic way to live, was to only but I needed to just get by with and save what little money I had leftover for anything I had to spend it on.

Huffing my breath I walked past the crossing and over the train bridge to the get to the book shop, I browsed the school book section in order to look for the subject material I needed for my classes. Glancing down toward my desired book I reached and grasped it whilst turning it around to glance at the price sticker. Sighing I dropped my head slightly and seriously considered to place the subject book back in its place.

‘Why are school materials so ing expensive’ I muttered while flipping through the pages. Breathing out, I my heel and walked through the book shelves. My eyes caught onto a specific School Uniform. Watching her side profile I watched as she looked at the book in her hand before attempting to sneak it into her bag. Quickly taking a few steps up to her, I grabbed her wrist before she had time to get the book halfway into her bag, and just as fast as she looked at me with her shocked eyes she dropped her head. Grabbing the book out her hand, I placed it back onto itself, before I confront her.

‘I’m pretty sure you don’t need to steal subject books since you’re a student at Sophia International’ I spoke trying not to seem rude or intimidating.

‘You wouldn’t understand’ She replied while giving me a blank look. I could have sworn I saw a glint of another emotion in there. She tutted her tongue before pushing past my shoulder and exiting the store.  Shaking my head at this, I walked towards the front counter and placed my booked down, paid for it and went on my way.  Looking at my watch, the numbers 11:38pm flashed before my eyes.  Quietly picking up my pace, I made my way over to the cheapest grocery store I knew. Buying the few items I need to survive I place 2 packets of three instant noodles in my shopping basket. Looking for bread and simple spread to use with it, I browsed the shelves until I had all things I needed.
Walking to the checkout the middle age women, hastily grabbed my items and scanned them before quickly placing them into a plastic bag and asking me for my $40 giving her a 50 notes she gave me the change and I quickly made a mental note on how much money I had left.

Making my way towards the station, I looked both ways before jumping the gates and made my way down the platform.  It didn’t take long for my train to come; quickly pushing my way before the older people, I searched for a seat. Eyeing up an empty spot, I head over there until I saw a petite girl with dyed dark brown hair being surrounded my other girls. Straining my ear to hear the conversation I listened.

‘Look at you, Chinese they’re ing taking over the world’ One girl scoffed to her friend and the other laughed. ‘It’s called Korean pop. Not Chinese pop, you’re not even Korean’ 

‘They scouted me, I just love singing and dancing’ The small girl replied obviously pissed yet not wanting to stir up more trouble.

‘That’s right, they scouted you. But that means you’re all looks and no talent’ The girls kept taunting. Watching this, I noticed a small smirk on the lips of the bullied girl.

‘If I’m all looks and no talent then why do I have the lead dance position’ I smiled a small smile. The girl reminded me of a pug dog or something. She had a small cute face, with slightly chubby cheeks.

The latter of the two girls tusked and pushed her shoulder. ‘Hold her’ The taller of the two girls said. Quickly noticing that I was the only one in the carriage with them, I made my way to the two to find them going through her wallets which surprisingly had quite a bit of money in it.

‘Yah’ I called out to grab their attention. Looking back shocked at the fact they didn’t notice another person with them inside the carriage. ‘Give it back’ I spoke strongly whilst tugging the wallet out of her grasp and tucking it in the girl’s hands. ‘Is this all your money kid?’ She looked at me then the wallet before going through her wallet and checking its contents. She just as quickly nodded her back at me.  Looking back towards the other girls, I looked at them

‘Bullying because of someone’s race isn’t nice, you’re either jealous of the fact she’s more talented than you or that her skin is whiter than yours whatever the case, Please Leave’          They looked at me having a slight scowl on their faces.  She rolled her eyes at me.

‘this is our business you’re not needed here’ Rubbing the corner of my mouth her eye ogled my middle finger which sported a large designed ring. Nothing to fancy yet something that made you take a second look. As her eyes widen at me, she bowed her head muttering an apology before making a dash for the next carriage. Looking toward the small Chinese girl I asked

‘You ok?’

‘Yes, Thank you. What’s your name?’

‘What’s yours?’ I asked avoiding her question. Her face scrunched up in almost a playful way before letting out and awkward laugh. She sat down on the seat and replied

‘My name’s Ailee, now tell me yours’ Smiling softly at her demand. I leaned backwards and spoke while I left out a breath.

‘Yuuri’ Nodding her head, she gripped her bag, avoiding eye contact as she questioned me.

‘How did you- You know... get them to go?’

Feeling the corner of my mouth pull up into a small smirk. I sat down on the many available chairs before answering her with a brief reply.

‘I guess you can say I have connections’ She nodded; I only just noticed how thin she was. Looking out towards the window on the train, I took note that my stop was here. Standing up, got ready to leave.

‘Good luck with being an idol and all kid’

‘I’m not a kid! I’m in my last year of High School!.. but thanks’

Getting off the carriage I walked to my intended area. Walking into the dark streets, I walked past the line of people dressed in their clubbing clothes. Heading towards the back door, I banged onto the door.