Interview

Our Maid Sky Blue

 

(A/N: I’ve changed your friend’s name from Park Ye Jin to Park So Yun. So hopefully if you find a mistake of name while reading, you won’t get confused. Thanks!)

*Great just my luck! I’m late!* You ran towards the company as So Yun raced to you in concern.

“Na Yeon-ah! Are you alright? You almost gave me a heart attack! I saw that car almost hit you!” She frantically checked your body to see if you’re ok, dusting you off. “Omo…look at your arm.”  It had a few minor scratches.

“Unnie, I’m ok. Sorry, I’m late. Minji wouldn’t let me go.” You chuckled to make her feel better, but you were actually in a lot of pain.

“Your pants are ripped too!” So Yun pointed to your torn pants.

“Oh no!” Your mouth dropped. “Ottokae?!”

“You only have ten minutes left so just forget about the pants and let’s go.” She shakes her head and takes your arm, dragging you to the screen door. You limply tried to catch up.

“What’s wrong?” She looked at you worried. “Oh, nothing. I think I sprained my ankle a little bit. Let’s just go, it’s not bad.” You assured her. She gave you a wary stare, but you pulled her.

“Did you see…who almost hit you?” She turned and looked at you as the both of you stopped at the elevator waiting to go up. “I thought I saw him come out of his car.”

“He did, but I didn’t pay much attention.”You nodded, not remembering how he looked like. “He gave me a stack of cash too, probably was afraid I might take legal action on him.” You laughed whole heartedly, but So Yun wasn’t laughing.

“H-he did what?!” Her eyes grew big.

“I didn’t take it! Don’t be so shocked!” You tried to calm her down. The elevator’s door slid open and you both stepped inside. So Yun pressed the button to the highest floor.

“You really don’t remember who that person was?” You shook your head and twirled your thumbs.

“Well, from the back it looked like one of Exos’ member, but I’m not really sure who?” She tapped her chin with her fingers. “I wouldn’t know either unnie.” You smiled. “I’m just glad that I’m still alive.”

 “Yeah, or I’ll hate myself forever because I told you to come here.” So Yun put a hand to her chest and sadly looked at you. You rubbed her back assuring that you were ok.

 “Come this way.” So Yun pulled your hand as the elevator door opens. “Hurry, you have only seven minutes left.” You both walked down the aisle filled with pictures of SME’s hall of fame stars. Bright lights shone on each photo illuminating the walkway.  

“W-wow….” Your mouth opened in awe. *So Yun really wasn’t joking when she said ‘hot stars’.* Sadly, you have never heard or seen any of these people before.

“Na Yeon!” So Yun hissed at you tugging your sleeve. “Why are you walking so slow…” She followed your gaze up a poster of SHINee.

She giggled and poked your cheek. “See? Now do you believe me?” You broke back to reality and nodded vaguely at her.

“Crap! Let’s go inside. Manager Kim is waiting.” The both of you stopped at a glass door and So Yun turned to look at you. “Na Yeon-ah.”

“Yeah?” You looked at her puzzled. She reached out and pulled off your sunglasses. “You don’t need to wear this. You shouldn’t wear this. It’s going to be awkward and it’ll look bad in front of the manager. You shouldn’t be ashamed of your eyes. They are bea-u-ti-ful. Araso?”

“Araso, but I just forgot that I had it on. I’m so used to it that’s why. Thanks for reminding me or I would have made a fool out of myself in there.” You exhaled heavily and giggled. *You’re right unnie, but I still feel uncomfortable.*

“Are you ready? Don’t be nervous, he’s actually a cool person.” You nodded at So Yun. Before she could pull the door, someone pushed it open and came out. A tall, very good looking guy stands before the two of you. He had one of the most beautiful face you've ever seen.

“K-Key oppa!” So Yun gasped. “Annyounghasehyo!” She bowed and you did the same, wondering who this person was.

 So Yun’s heart almost flew out of her chest. You looked at her dazed self and her eyes sparkled as if there were a million stars in her eyes. *This girl…* You shook your head and giggled softly at her.

You then looked back at the gorgeous male in front of you who was looking intensely back at you as well. You swiftly looked down, embarrassed.

“Annyoung.” Key bowed slightly. “Who’s this?” he asked So Yun.

“Oh! A friend of mine. She’s going in for an interview.” So Yun answered dreamily.

“Interview..?” He murmured and looked at you with the cutest smile.

You slowly looked up again and his eyes met yours. You couldn’t help but give him a small smile back. Your face started to feel really hot as he continued to look at you without blinking.

“Well, we have to go now oppa or she’ll be late.” So Yun cut in and you silently thanked her.

“It was nice meeting you.” Key said with a wave. “Good luck with your interview!”

“T-thank you.” You bowed. So Yun opened the door for you and before you could go in, he shouted from behind.

“Hey, I like-” He winked and pointed to his eyes indicating yours and jogged off.

Photobucket

You blinked a few times still digesting it in while So Yun squealed into your ears like a total fan girl. “D-did you just hear that?!! He said he l-likes your eyes! KEY LIKES YOUR EYES!!” She slapped your arm roughly. “I’m so jealous right now. He’s my bias!!”

“Who was that?” You were still clueless. So Yun rolled her eyes. “Right there.” She point to the poster that you’ve been eyeing awhile ago and your mouth formed into an ‘O’.

*That guy really is the one in the picture! H-he...?* You brought your fingertips up to your eyes, but shook that thought from your head not wanting to turn into So Yun.

“Come on, let’s go in.” She pushed you inside the room and pulled you up to the desk where Manager Kim sat. “Good luck. I’ll wait for you outside.” She whispered.

“But I--” You turned to grab her arm, but she left.

You  took a deep breath and walked up to the desk nervously. “Annyounghasehyo.” You bowed and Manager Kim looked up instantly.

“Oh! You must be…er…Na Yeon? I’m Manager Kim. Please, have a seat.” He stands up and signals you to sit down on the chair in front of him 

You smile and sit down. He clasped his hands together and looked at you.  Your sparkly sky blue eyes shine dramatically under the light and gave him a slight surprise. *“…don’t look surprise when you see her!”* SoYun’s words replayed in the back of his mind and he realized what she was talking about now.

After asking you a few questions, he knew you were perfect for this job. “So Yun, will give you the details and information about Exo.”

“Kamsahamnida!” You thanked him and walked out of the room. Relieved that it was over with, excited for getting it, yet nervous for what will await you.

~~~

“I KNEW YOU WOULD GET IT!” So Yun jumped up and down beside you tugging your arm happily. You looked at her and laughed. The both of you walked down to the lobby and into the cafeteria.

“Shh unnie calm down.” You gave her a look. The people in the building turned around and stared at you for So Yun talked too loudly. You began to put your sunglasses back on, but she stopped you.

“Araso araso. Don’t put that back on.” The both of you picked a table and sat down while So Yun pulled out some paper work for you.

“Ok, here are the things you need to know about Exo before you start working there. I don’t personally know them well, but these are some basic things that our company has identified about them. They are very busy people, so you probably won’t see them that much anyways.” You nodded and took out a pen to start jotting down some important things you need to remember.

 She handed you the papers. “They work out and train a lot, so the most important thing is that they eat properly and healthily. From what I heard, they each have their own favorite food, so make sure you find out what they like and don’t like. Your only duty is to clean the house, cook them three full meals, and wash their clothes for them. Whatever they need, you must try your best to do it. Our company will reimburse you for the money you spend on their food and necessities, so you don’t have to worry about that. They weren’t on extremely good terms with each other recently because of the whole mess in the house, but I’m sure with you there, they won’t have to stress out so much anymore.” You nodded and wrote things down as quickly as possible.

“Remember, you work Monday through Saturday from 8 am to 7 pm. Sunday will be your day off.” So Yun rants on, but you stare at her as if she had a third eye. She finally looked up and saw your blank stare. “Wae are you looking at me like that?”

“You said…I work Saturday also?” You didn’t want to show disappointment, but you really wanted to spend the weekends with Minji at the hospital.

“Sorry, Na Yeon-ah. They train on that day as well, so you’ll have to be there to cook for them.” She gave you an apologetic look as you slump your shoulders sadly.  *I hope Minji will understand. I should be there with her, but if I back out now, I won’t be able to handle the bills.*

“One more thing.” You looked up and saw So Yun with even more rueful expression. “..um..um…I know you might think this is ridiculous, but during the days  that you work, you’re going to be staying there. You can pack some clothes and the stuff you need and take them there with you. You can go home on Saturday nights. ” Your mouth dropped to the table and you felt your saliva dry up instantly.

“W-what did you just say? That...that I have to live there on the days that I’m working?!” You shook your head in disbelief. “Unnie, I will find transportation there daily so cancel that ok? I promise I’ll be there on time and do everything I’m supposed to.” You pleaded.

“Mianhae, but it was written on the agreement that you signed with Manager Kim. You did read before you signed it, didn’t you?” Your closed your eyes and slapped yourself mentally. *Argghh…I’m a babo.*

“Na Yeon-ah!” She snickered at you for not fully reading it thoroughly.

“What’s the point of renting that place, if I can’t even live there?” You buried your face into your palms.

“Don’t worry, it won’t be that bad. Just think about the great reward afterwards. I would love to live with them…” So Yun clasped her hands together and looked up dreamily.

“I would gladly switch jobs with you. I think this would be heaven for you.” You suggested and she stuck her tongue out at you.

“Get ready. You start work at 12:30 pm. Our company van will take you home to grab a few things you need and then take you to Exos’ place.” You nodded weakly.*Why do I have a bad feeling about this??*

~~~

Hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to comment!