It always hurts to know the truth...

Endless Pretends

 

“Yeppeoda…” he smiled at me while pressing my cheeks using his fingers.

“Yah! Kumanduda, jeongmal apuda,” I said as I massage my cheeks.

“You should fix yourself always. You look really beautiful,” he complimented me.

I was happy to hear it from him. I love this guy and he’s my bestfriend even though he became famous and had a busy schedule. He still has time for me.

“What are we doing here anyway?” I asked while looking around.

We were at a party. It was his birthday and he just turned twenty – one. We were born in the same year but he’s one month older than me.

There’s a lot of guest here, even the idols were here too. Some of them were really close to me, that’s why I’m comfortable going here with him.

“You know that it’s my birthday right?” he asked me looking confused.

Maybe he’s thinking that I forgot his birthday.

“Ne…wae?” I suddenly asked as I chuckled.

“Then why are you asking some question you already know?” he pinched my cheeks.

“Yah! Get your hands off my cheeks! It hurts!” I blurted out.

“Baek Hyun ssi!” I heard a girl’s voice said.

Yup! You heard it right. It’s Baek Hyun…Byun Baek Hyun is my bestfriend that I fell in love with.

I know him too much. That’s why we’re so close to each other.

As I followed the voice where it came from, I saw a beautiful girl.

I know her and she’s the freaking annoying girl in my class, the one that always hates me because I know Baek Hyun more than her.

She always bullies me whenever she caught me alone and by myself.

I don’t want Baek Hyun to know since I don’t want to hurt his feelings and I don’t want him to worry about me.

I stood up from where I was sitting and get away from him.

“Hey, where are you going?” he asked.

“You’re girlfriend’s here so you should have time for her more than to me,” I said as I fake my smile.

“Gomawo,” he smiled at me and I walked off.

“Where are you going now?” a guy asked me as he gave me a back rub.

“Oppa, that hurts,” I said in a low tone of voice.

“Wae? Did someone hurt you?” he asked but I didn’t reply.

His co – members were actually at his back (the young man talking to me) so they also found out.

“Let me see it,” one of them said as he ped the zipper from my dress at the back.

I was gonna react but it’s too late because they saw it already.

“Where did you get these bruises?” one of them asked and looked at me surprisingly.

“Did someone beat you?” they kept asking.

“A-ani…I was just practicing when the shelved fell from my back,” I lied.

It was actually Byun Baek Hyun’s girlfriend who beat me up together with her girls and pushed the shelf towards me and that’s how I got my bruises.

“What’s happening here?” Baek Hyun suddenly walked towards us.

One of the guys from my back zipped the zipper so Baek Hyun wouldn’t notice my bruises.

“N-nothing,” we all said.

“Are you sure?” Baek Hyun asked as he got closer to us together with his girlfriend.

“N-ne…” we all said together.

“Well, in that case, I want you to meet my girlfriend,” he said with wide smile on his face.

He looked happy though and I really tried to smile.

“She’s Choi Jinyoung,” he said.

“Annyeong haseyo,” we all greeted.

I greeted her like I still don’t know her but actually she’s my classmate.

“Well, this is my bestfriend anyway, Leinielle,” Baek Hyun introduced me.

“Nice to meet you,” she said as she reached her hand for me.

“Ne…” I said and shook her hand.

She squeezed my hand like she wanted to break it or something. I just tried to smile so Baek Hyun wouldn’t notice it.

As I looked at the boys, they were looking at my hand and looked to me.

“Ok, too much for the shake hands,” one of them broke it off before she injured me again.

“Maybe I’ll go home for now,” I said and tried to hide my hand where Jinyoung squeezed.

“Going home already? But we’re not yet starting the main event,” Baek Hyun gave me a look that I should stay for more.

“Maybe I’ll take her home,” I looked at my side and saw a tall man beside me already.

He was holding my shoulders like he really want me to be safe.

“Arasso. But don’t do anything stupid,” he said to the man.

“Ara Bacon,” he said and we walked going out of the house.

“Gwenchana?” he asked me as he saw me rubbing my hands.

“N-ne…” I avoided his gaze and put my hands down.

He held my wrist and looked at my hand. He bent it and I made a reaction.

“Does it hurt?” he asked me and I nodded slowly. “Do you know that girl?”

“Ne…she’s my classmate actually,” I said in a gentle voice.

“And you acted like you don’t know her right in front of Baek Hyun?” he asked and I nodded again. “Why not tell him the truth?

“I want him to be happy and I don’t want to break his heart,” I burst out.

“So you’re breaking your own heart,” he said and sighed.

I looked at him with sadness in my eyes and just bowed my head.

He knew. He can read every move I made even though I tried not to show it.

“How did you get those bruises from your back?” he asked. “Did Baek Hyun’s girlfriend made it?”

“A-aniyo,” I looked at him and shook my head. “You don’t know Jinyoung so don’t accuse her.”

“Don’t defend her!” he raised his voice to me. “I know Jinyoung too well more than you.”

What the?! How did she know her? Did they had a relationship before or is she his friend?

“I know Jinyoung, that’s why I’m telling you not to accuse her. She’s n…”

“Nice? Is that what you’re trying to say to me?” he looked at me straight in my eyes. “She isn’t nice at all Leinielle. She’s just using Baek Hyun because she wanted to be popular. The same thing she did to me when we we’re young. She would get close to those famous people and befriend them. When the time she doesn’t need them anymore, she would break their hearts and leave them.”

“How did you…”

“She would also bully people who are close to those popular people until she makes their lives in living hell. She doesn’t care if she steps into someone’s feet and hands. All she cared about is popularity and money,” he cut me off then looked at me again. “I’m actually studying from you’re school right now. Whenever I reached your room, I can see you with Jinyoung. That incident that happened from your back, I saw the whole thing of it, so don’t you try lie to me.”

“Chan Yeol ssi,” I said in sad tone and felt hurt inside.

Yes, the person who was with me right now is Park Chan Yeol.

He knew all of it and I am so speechless.

I started sobbing from that time and cried. I couldn’t bear with it actually. It hurts me and it stung me from inside. I stood there by myself then I felt a warm body next to me and I felt warm arms hugging me.

“You’ll be fine…” he said.

“I don’t think I would get better,” I said while still crying.

“I’m here as your bestfriend and you know how much I love you Leinielle,” he said.