How Do I Want To Live?

Life's Become Fun Since You Showed Up (hiatus finished after two months)

 

*Meili’s POV*

I know there’s no such thing as a perfect life. But sitting here on a public bus for the first time sharing doughnuts with someone like Kai,

well it feels pretty damn close.

Kai’s pretty strange actually.

He takes four and a half sugars in his tea.

He dips chocolate bars into mayonnaise.

Yet he’s one of the greatest people I’ve ever met.

During formal parties I’ve met some pretty important people. Billionaires, founders of different companies, among other people with power.

But none of them have inspired me like the childish boy beside me. He lives life in a way I’ve never even thought about before.

He does everything he can to make every day count in his life, whereas all I’ve been doing is waiting for each day to pass by so I can get it over with.

It makes me feel guilty. But now that I’ve escaped, now that I’m with Kai, I want to do my best to live like him. And to help him live the way he strives to.

Right now I have no idea how, but hey, it’s the least I can do.

 


 

I looked up to see Kai staring mindlessly out the window, nodding his head one beat off to whatever pop medley was blaring on the fuzzy speakers.

Did you know that buses have speakers? Or stop buttons? Or footrests?

Uwahh, our world truly is amazing.

“Ah, Kai hyung?” I started, reluctantly breaking my thought process.

“What is it little one?” he sing-songed, peeling himself from the afternoon city view outside.

“Why are we going to the mall?

“Oh! I just want to buy you some more clothes, since the shirts I lent you are like, twice your size.”

“Hyung I’m okay! Really! I don’t want you spending more money on me! As soon as I get my bank account I’ll buy stuff myself.”

“No.”

This boy. Seriously. Sometimes I feel like even if I give him half my soul it won’t be enough to repay him.

“Yah! Quit making me feel guilty!” He conked the side of my head lightly, smirking cockily. (A/N: we’re all familiar with that smirk right? xD)

“Quit ‘yah’-ing me! I’m your hyung! And you know perfectly well that I’m a selfish person. If I want to go buy my dongsaeng clothes, then you can’t just go and tell me not to! We selfish people don’t work like that.”

“What? That doesn’t even make any sense!”

“You know perfectly well that I’m the kind of person that rarely makes sense.”

After a teasing moment of silence, he broke into an infectious round of laughter, the first time I’ve ever seen someone laugh at their own joke.

You know what, I don’t care if I have to live as a boy for the rest of my life. I don’t care if I’ll never be able to dress myself up, wear skirts or do all those other things girls are known for.

As long as I get to stay with Kai and live like I have the past week, I don’t really care.

Actually looking forward to the next day when I go to sleep, being able to laugh until my ribs begin to scream in complaints.

I don’t want it to stop!



 

*Baekhyun’s POV*

Honestly, this has been the most stressful week of my life.

I’m worried alright? I mean, I know that it was a good decision letting Meili go out and live by herself. Every time she calls me her voice sounds chipper and bubbly, and it makes me happy.

But she’s living with a guy who I don’t know.

She’s disguised as a boy herself.

The guy doesn’t know she’s a girl.

This is the perfect recipe for disaster.

Well I guess I don’t have too much to complain about. We already decided that Meili would start school in the next year since summer is coming up, and her bank account is almost finished so maybe I can convince her to get her own place…

BUT STILL!

I could feel stares cutting through me as I groaned audibly, clutching the roots of my hair in frustration.

What? You’ve never seen someone have a partial mental breakdown on a sidewalk before?

Oh no wait…this is Bae Baekhyun, son of the owner of Bae Resorts and whatnot having a partial mental breakdown on a sidewalk. Never mind.

I swiftly spun on my heel, yanking my hood over my head. From the lack of fangirlish squeals I’m guessing noone recognised me.

Sure, Meili was kept a secret from the public, but I was quite a popular and important potential businessman who couldn’t afford to taint our family’s perfect image.

Suddenly a familiar mop of cheap hair entered my peripheral vision, catching me off guard.

Meili…?



 

@ zeelei: Gah, I feel guilty >.< First you're tearing your hair out and now you're questioning your uality because of me.. TT.TT Well nevertheless, I hope you're enjoying it so far! xDD

@ RandomGRL: Dude, seriously I'm blushing so much right now! >///< You're so nice!! TT.TT lol I'm really glad you like Kai's character! He's pretty uh..strange xD

I'm really surprising myself that I'm finding the time to update right now O.o It's just, I'm so grateful to all of you for clicking on this, reading it, and then taking the time to subscribe and comment TT.TT I seriously wanna go and give you all muffin baskets >.< So I don't wanna keep you guys waiting! Which might explain why this chapter seems really bad >.<"" I rushed it a lot, and it feels really weird writing in an environment I'm not used to. Please bear with me!
So....oh! Guys! Talk to me! xD I promise I'll reply! I don't mind if it's even one of those little 'update soon~' messages xD In fact, I ENCOURAGE it >:D It'll motivate me to update faster when I get home xD 
......................
why did I tag this as comedy? I'm not funny O.o