CHAPTER 56

Two Moons: The Beginning

 

~CHAPTER 56~

 

 MISS A:Breathe    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7mveoisyZ0&feature=player_detailpage

 

Tuesday.10am. I just finished the interview. I was now heading to my room to pack my things but someone s his arm on mine. I looked up startled. “Kris?” He was grinning at me.

“Wrong direction.”

“Huh?” I raised my brow. I pointed at the elevator. “I’m sure I’m on the right track.”

He shook his head. “We’re going out.” He flicked my forehead.

“Eh?!” My eyes widened. “Like a date?!”

He rolled his eyes. “Is that what it’s called?” He asked me and I frowned. He shook his head while smiling. He leaned beside my ear. “Kidding. Sure, it’s a date.”

When I heard that, I was frozen on my spot. “Am I hearing things?” A.date. I’m.going.on.a.date.with.Kris. ASDFGHJKKJGFDS!! *Where are the tables?! I really need to flip something now!*

He smirked and dragged me out of the hotel.

 

Kris and I went to the arcade in our very first date. I just hoped that this is not the last.

“I’m near-Ah!” His car crashed on the barricade. I smirked and passed by him. Another win.

“You at this, old man.” He rolled his eyes and stood up. “This machine is broken. Let’s try the others.” He pointed at the shooting game.

He swiped his card to the machine as I held my gun. As soon as the two of us were ready, the game started. “Zombies! Die!” I laughed while aiming at the popping zombies.

“What are those?” He squinted his eyes at the far side of the screen. He saw something moving fast. His eyes widened. “Bunch of-“

“Spiders!” I shrieked. Panic mode. They climbed to my avatar. I shoot everywhere but I managed to kill a few. Kris laughed. Yes. He enjoyed winning.

 

“I can’t believe you lost because of spiders!” He laughed while making fun of me. I blew my bangs and shot him a look.

“At least that’s the only game where I lost. I mean..” I smirked. “Out of 5 games. I won 4.”  His smile faded as I drank my smoothie.

“I guess childish things aren’t my thing.” He shrugged and grinned.

“So are you saying I’m childish?!” I narrowed my eyes.“YOU THINK I’M CHILDISH?”I hit the table getting everyone’s attention. I leaned closer.

He leaned closer. “If I answer yes, what are you going to do?” I narrowed my eyes and leaned closer. I was furious. He did the same.

I gritted my teeth. *So after all this time, you can only see me as a child.* I clenched my fist. We were glaring at each other.

“What will you do?” He asked. That’s it. I closed my eyes and inhaled. He smirked and sat back to his chair. But suddenly, I punched his face making him fell back.

“I hate you so much!” I walked out.

Kris who was dumbfounded touched his bleeding lip. He could hear everyone whispering. “AISH!” *I was only joking!* He stood up and rushed after me.

“Wait up!” He shouted and ran fast beside me. I didn’t stop walking. He rolled his eyes and went in front of me. I stopped on my track. “Why did you punch me?!” He raised his voice. I didn’t look at him. “Yah.”

I bit the inside of my cheek. *Babo.* I shot him a look. *How can you be so-ugh!* I was furiously inhaling and exhaling.

He saw I was mad so he softened. He sighed and held my shoulder. One of his hand held my chin and made me faced him. “I was only kidding when I said you were childish. I didn’t mean it to offend you or something.” He said sincerely. That’s when I watched him speak.

There was silence.

He sighed. “I don’t want to ruin this date therefore we should go.” He held my hand and started walking. I furrowed my brows.

“Where are we going?”

He tilted his head to face me. “It’s a secret.” He grinned.

 

“Kris!” I screamed while clinging to his arms. “What the hell are we doing here?!”

He laughed and leaned closer. The airwaves were such a hindrance. “Trust me! This will be fun!” He shouted. I glared at him then at the view below. We were on a helicopter getting ready to skydive. I gulped hard.

What if the parachute doesn’t work?! What if- then I’m going to be like a mashed potato that fell on the ground. “Kris! If I die because of this, I’m going to drag you with me!” I shouted and he rolled his eyes.

“Listen.” The assisting diver talked to the both of us. “When I say you jump, you jump.” I rolled my eyes. That’s why we’re here, dude. “You can only open your parachutes when I give the signal, arasso?”

“Neh!”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to continue. Many people have died because of this.” He looked at me. My lips and knees trembled. *This will be the death of me.* “I-“

“She’ll do this.” Kris grinned and held my hand. I looked at his eyes. For some reason, I felt safe.

“Okay, then.” He looked below us. “In 3..2..1.. Jump!” He said and the both of us jumped off.

“Aaaahhhh!!!” I squeezed my eyes shut and gripped on Kris’ hand. I screamed my lungs out. “Kriiiiiiiss!! I’m going to kill you!!” I shouted. The airwaves were brushing against me. If he wasn’t here, I might have peed in my pants.

“Hana! Open your eyes!” He said while holding my hand. I gulped hard and slowly opened them. “Wh-“ I was cut off when I saw the lands in a different perspective.

*It’s beautiful.* I can see everything. The green pastures with colorful patches stretched before the city. And to top that, the sun was also near the horizon. I looked up and saw Kris smiling.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” He shouted and I grinned.

“I’m flying!” I told him.

Kris smiled. *An angel.* He gripped on my other hand so we circled on the air. If Kris can only stop time, he will. For some reason, this is one of those moments that made him feel alive again.

The diver was already meters away from us. He shouted at us “Open your parachutes now!” We understood and released each other’s hands to reach our chute. When our chutes were already on the air, time seemed to slow down. Kris’ wish partly came true.

 

 

He disappointedly looked at Hana’s hands from afar. *If only we didn’t need to let go.* He thought. Then, everything might have turned perfectly.

Hana secretly look at Kris’ hands holding the straps of his chute. If she could turn back time, she would do it knowing that she can hold his hands for a long time. “Kris!” She called his attention. Kris’ gaze turned from her hands to her face. “Thank you!” She grinned making her eyes turn to crescent moons.

After their adventurous date, they headed back to the hotel to pack their things. They travelled again towards the airport.

Hana was already sleeping at her seat on the plane while Kris was reading his leadership book. “...best..day...eve-r” Hana mumbled while leaning on the side of the plane. Kris raised his brow and saw the state she was in. He chuckled while shaking his head.

“Careless lad.” He smiled while carefully leaning her head on his shoulder. He brushed some strands of hair off her face. He watched her light breathing. He felt like he was looking at a sleeping angel. His face softened. “I should be the one thanking you.”

He touched her cheeks and slightly let his thumb brush it. “Your existence...” might have been the best thing that happened in his life. Because, she was the one who brought his heart back to life. She made him realize that he was still a human-who can love back.

Hana shifted in her seat and hugged his arm while smiling. She was having a beautiful dream.