CHAPTER 21

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 21~

"Ohmygosh, Daeji!"

 

It was a big day for Seoul International Academy. It was the start of the four-day celebration of the 100th founding anniversary of the academy. SIA Band was playing loudly by the gate welcoming the visitors. The students of our school and the students from other school headed to the gym for the introduction.

The principal made a speech first. Afterwards, the dance battle began. The first group of dancers was from the seniors.

“Kyaa!!! Minkwang-oppa!!” “Minyoung-unnie!!” Girls started to cheer for them as the music started. They performed the “Clap your hands” by 2ne1.

They danced really well but it wasn’t synchronized at all.

The next was the juniors who performed “I’ll be back” by 2pm.

Woohoo!!! Lein-oppa!! Jichun-oppa!!” “You’re so hot Kyri-oppa!” The girls squeal filled the gym.

I covered my ears and waited for Kai’s team. *I really hoped I could dance with them.*

“Hana, are you getting bored?” Daeji asked me. “It’s getting on my nerves, too. Why the heck do they need to perform last?!” Daeji was getting too cranked up because she was waiting for D.O.

“Chill, Daeji.” I laughed at her. I looked at the side of the stage where the teachers were sitting. I saw Kris. *Who would not see him?* I shook my head.

Then I happened to see him whispered something to the person beside him. He tilted his head then whispered to T. Jung’s ears. I suddenly stood up. I furrowed my eyebrows then tilted my head. “Why did he do that?” I tried to squeeze in the crowd but I lost. I was going to squeeze myself further when there was a sudden change of music.

I listened to the beat. *Whoa, I know this tune.* I looked up at the stage and I glowered with anticipation. It was Kai’s team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdejiaoEhFc

“Go Kai!!!” I screamed. *I wish he could hear me.*

The girls from the 10th grade screamed. *That’s right girls!! Full support!*

Kai’s team aka the “Freshmen” performed History by EXO. >_<

“D.O!D.O!D.O!” I could hear Daeji screaming his name. “Jjang! Daebak!!” I laughed at her screaming her voice out.

I watched them perform. I looked on one side and saw Chanyeol smiling at them.

“Ohmycreepiness! He can smile like that?!” I shouted. Some girls turned to me and rolled their eyes. I just gave them a “just-kidding” smile.

Kai, Sehun and Luhan’s performance were great. They rocked it out there. I never realized D.O. can dance like that. He was so cool. Haesung’s arrogant aura suddenly disappeared when she stood on the stage. And the other girl was also amazing. I never got the chance to ask her name. But what amazed me most is the thing they did with their pockets!! “Shake it!” I laughed.

 

“And the winner is...” *Drum rolls.* The principal smiled at he opened the envelope. “The FRESHMEN!!” Everyone screamed and clapped.

Yeah!!” “It was an awesome dance!

I saw Kai high-fiving D.O.. Sehun and Luhan just smirked. Haesung rolled her eyes while looking at her shoes. The other girl approached Kai and gave him a hug.

“Oppa! We did great!” She smiled at him. Kai’s eyes widened with shock.

“Y-yeah..” Kai looked around and saw Hana.

“Hana!” I heard him calling my name. I turned around and saw him running towards me again. He gave me a hug. “We won!”

“Kai..” I hugged him back. “You did great... I am so proud of you.” I didn’t notice that everyone was looking at the both of us. While I was being hugged by Kai, I saw Kris smiling warmly while holding T. Jung’s hands at the far back.

I felt a sudden pang on my chest. I hugged Kai tighter.

“Hana?” I felt Kai tilted his head.

I gasped when I realized what I was doing. “S-Sorry.”

He gave me a warm smile. “It’s okay. I did great because you kept your promise.”

“The cake?” He nodded. “You’re such a sweet-talker.” I whacked his head. He ruffled my hair.

“I’m not. I’m just telling the truth.” He held my shoulders. I smiled again but there was something deep inside me that was hurting very much.

 

We spent designing the whole classroom in the afternoon for tomorrow was the Best-Booth Contest.

As soon as we finished decorating, Kai and I bought the ingredients for the strawberry cake. Meanwhile, Rian, Yoonmi, Jiyoung and Daeji went ahead of us. This time, I made sure to give my house keycard to Daeji.

It was already 6 in the night when Kai and I arrived. As soon as we came, we started working. It was pretty messy but we managed to finish 10 big cakes and 20 small cupcakes. We finished at 11:00pm at night.

 

 

The next day came fast. The Best Booth Contest Day. >_<

Everything was settled; the tables, chairs, the mini-kitchen and the glass-display were the cakes and cupcakes are placed. 

There were 5 girls and 5 boys who were wearing waiter and waitress clothing at the entrance.

I was inside the kitchen when Daeji came in.

“We’ve got our customers!” She giddily grabbed me and made me look outside.

“Omo...” I saw Suho-oppa and Lay-oppa. *They’re here!* I smiled and waved at them. They waved back. The Pilsuk and Jason were in-charge to the both of them. Pilsuk smiled at them as she gestured to their seats.

“Here are glasses of water.” Jason gave the two of them. He was holding a tray. Suho nodded.

Lay reached for the menu on the table and made his choice.

“Are you ready to order, sir?” Pilsuk asked him as she prepared her notes and pen.

“Yes. I would like to have a slice of this strawberry cake and one hot coffee.” He passed the menu to Suho.

“Made the strawberry cake two slices and also, I like to try your chocolate ice cream.” Suho smiled at Pilsuk that made her blushed.

Pilsuk went over to Daeji and gave her the orders.

“Good job out there!” Daeji made an “aja” fist. “Fighting.”

Pilsuk nodded and inhaled. “Figh-“ But suddenly, someone reached for the food tray and walked passed by her. It was Rian. “What the-“

“Ah, there she goes.” I carefully watched her behind the curtains.

“Annyeong! Here are your orders!” Rian gave them a nice service.

“Hi, Rian.” Suho greeted her with his overwhelming smile. Rian blushed.

“A-Annyeong, again.” She didn’t move from her position.

Lay was looking at her then glanced at Suho. Lay took a sip from his coffee. *There’s something going on here.*

 

Rian was constantly admiring Suho who was awkwardly eating his cake when someone grabbed her in the arm.

“Daeji, what are you doing?!” Rian whispered harshly. Daeji dragged her out of the room. Yoonmi followed them.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Daeji released her. “Don’t do that to our customers or you’ll make them feel awkward.” She placed her hands on her waist.

“Yah, it’s not like I’m bothering him or something...” Rian rolled her eyes. “....I was just-just observing if he likes the food okay?!”

“Try to fool me all you want. I’ll keep my eyes on you.” Daeji pointed at her eyes then pointed at Rian.

“Yash, no need to overreact.” Yoonmi approached her friend and touched her arm.

“Aish!” Rian glared at Daeji’s back then shoved Yoonmi away. “Whatever.” She walked away with Yoonmi following her.

It was then when Luhan and Sehun came inside the room.

Sehun glanced at the direction of the two then he rolled his eyes while shaking his head.

 

Hana’s other classmates were in-charge of distributing the brochures to the visitors outside the building.

Many girls came in when Sehun and Luhan were the ones standing by the cashier.

“Why did they give this noisy job to us?” Sehun whispered at the same time whined at Luhan. Luhan elbowed him.

“Just smile then our shift will be over.” Luhan whispered back. He smiled at the girls in front of them. Suho and Lay were amused by their jobs. *How dare they make fun of me?* Luhan narrowed his face then suddenly the water on Suho’s table fell and spilled on his clothes.

*Luhan-hyung!* Suho narrowed his eyes as he stood up.

“Omo!” Daeji hurriedly approached him with the towel. “Are you ok?!” She wiped his pants.

“Ani, ani. I’m fine.” Suho smiled at her. Daeji looked up then went away. Daeji went to the mini-kitchen.

“Omo! He wet himself!” “How careless of him?” The guests started to whisper. Suho shook his head. Luhan was smirking while Lay was massaging his temples.

“Suho-oppa.” Suho looked up and saw Hana. She sighed then she dragged him out of the room.

“Wh-where are you taking me?” Suho couldn’t stop walking. His hand was firmly held by Hana’s hand.

“Wait for me here. I’ll give you something to change on.” Hana pushed him inside the men’s restroom's cubicle.

After 3 minutes, Hana appeared inside the restroom just when Suho decided to get out of the cubicle.

“Wa-wait did you just teleport?!” Luckily, there was no one inside. Hana shoved him his clothes. “Are these mine?”

“Yeah. Sorry for intruding inside your house.” Hana approached the door. “Now, go and change. I’ll wait for you outside.” She went out.

“Why did she teleport? It’s just a small matter.” Suho sighed but he felt happy that she was caring for him.

 

“Isn’t that Hana?” Yoonmi pointed at the men’s restroom. Rian turned and saw her went out. “What did she do there?” Rian raised her eyebrows. The two of them started to observe the event.

After a few minutes, Suho went out of the restroom with a smile. “Thanks.” Hana smiled. Suho ruffled her hair. Then he led her on the way with his hand on her back.

“What did they just do?!” Yoonmi was shock.

Rian’s eyes widened. Then, she clenched her fists. *How dare she?!*

Meanwhile, a figure was observing everything from not so far. Then with a shadow covering itself, its lower face showed an evil smirk.

It was lunch and the booth was closed. Almost everyone left the room except Hana, Rian, Yoonmi, Daeji and Jiyoung. Sehun and Luhan were sleeping at the corner table while Suho-oppa and Lay took their leave.

“Annyeong!” Hana waved at them as they disappeared through the crowds. She closed the door then sighed. She turned and saw Rian and Yoonmi glaring at her. *Why are they looking at me like that?*

Yoonmi rolled her eyes then looked at her phone. Hana approached Daeji.

“What’s the matter?” Daeji asked. She sensed that something was wrong with her friend.

“A-Ani.” Hana pouted then remembered something. “Ah! Wait here for a second!” Hana went into the kitchen then revealed something on her bag. *This was the cake I specially made while they were busy with the other cakes.*

Someone opened the door. “Excuse me, I was wondering if Park Hana is here?” A female student looked inside the room.

“Y-yes?” Hana left the cake on the kitchen and approached the girl. “May I help you?”

“The principal asked for you to come to his office immediately.” *The principal?*

“Oh, okay.” Before I left the room, I waved  to Daeji. “Be right back.”

“Neh.”

Rian smirked then she rolled her eyes.

 

I knocked first before I entered the principal’s room. “Oh, Hana, please come in.”

“Neh. Why did you call for me?” I stood in front of his desk.

“Please, have a seat.” The principal gestured.

 

Meanwhile, Daeji got a call from D.O.

“Neh, neh, I’m coming..” Daeji glanced on the room while she’s on the phone. She went out of the room and headed to D.O’s classroom.

Yoonmi’s phone rang.

“Hello? Who is this? Hello?” Yoonmi looked at her phone. “There’s no caller id...” Yoonmi placed the phone near her ears. She could hear a bad signal. “Maybe it’s someone I know, but who?” She closed her phone.

“Who is that?” Rian turned to her as she closed her magazine.

“I don’t know. The signal is bad in here so I couldn’t hear the voice.” Her phone rang again. “Maybe, I should go outside where I can receive enough signal.” Yoonmi stood up then Rian nodded. She left the room.

Then out of nowhere, Jiyoung went outside the mini-kitchen. She stopped walking when Rian looked at her. Jiyoung awkwardly walked away and also left the room.

“What a shy girl...” Rian suddenly had an urged to drink iced tea. “I better make myself a drink.” She stood up and glanced at the two sleeping boys. “Lazy bums.” She headed to the mini-kitchen.

 

“So why did you call for me, Mr. Principal?” I tilted my head. He was smiling brightly.

“Are your things prepared, Hana?” He intertwined his hands.

“Things for what?” *I don’t get what he’s saying.*

“Things for Jeju Island.

“Jeju? Oh, you mean my clothes and other stuff.” I snapped my fingers but then I shook my head. “Ani. I’m going to prepare it after the awarding.”He nodded.

*Seriously, I don’t know where this is heading.* I kept quiet

“I have a special gift for you since it will be your birthday on Saturday.” I was surprised when I heard him say my birthday.

“B-but how did you know that it was my?” I leaned forward. "birthday?"

“I just did some research.” He grinned. “I just want to know the interesting things about the maiden.” *He found the “maiden” thing interesting?!*

“Er-okay?” I made a quizzical look. *Is he a stalker or something?*

“So this gift again.” He continued and I nodded. “I would like you to make a stay in the hotel. Of course, it’s my treat.” He waved his finger like the way a music conductor does.

“Me?! Stay in the hotel in Jeju? Isn’t that too much?” I waved my hands in front. *This principal is really over the top! Why is he treating me like this?!*

“Oh come on. It’s my gift to you.” He pouted then made a buing buing.

*Aww, not this again* I mentally face-palmed my face. “Mr. Principal, you don’t need to give this expensive gift to me.” *Besides, I can just check in myself.*

He turned his chair. It was turning chair. He revealed a handkerchief. Then he began to wipe the side of his eyes. *Don’t do this to me!*

“Please make this old man wish come true.” He faced me again with teary eyes.

*Tell me, are you really the principal?!* I rolled my eyes then sighed afterwards. “Alright, alright. I would gladly accept your gift.” I destroyed my eye-contact with him.

“I’m really happy with your decision, Hana!” He reached for my hands. He shook it. I looked at his eyes. They were shining and has a warm and nice aura. *He’s like a doting father.* I smiled.

“Thank you, Mr. Principal.” I stood up and bowed.

“Wait, Hana. May I ask another request?” I turned my back to face him.

*What is it again?* “yes?”

“Please, you can just call me Ahjussi.” He smiled warmly.

I suddenly felt something heavy turned light in my heart. *He’s really like a father who I can lean on. He’s so nice.* I nodded. “Thank you for that....Ahjussi.” I bowed then left the room.

 

The principal stared at the closed door. Then he opened a folder in front of him. It was Hana’s data.

“It must be hard living on your own like that. How can your parents abandon someone very special like you?” His smiled faded away as he closed the folder.

 

When I returned to the classroom, I saw Daeji preparing the cake I left in the mini-kitchen.

“Oh you’re back?” Daeji cheerfully prepared the cake on one of the table in the center. “You made this, right?”

I nodded then I assisted her.

It was a huge strawberry cake with strawberry syrup and pink sprinkles on top.

“Hmm, looks yummy.” Daeji leaned closer to the cake.

“Let’s give everyone.” I suggested as I glanced at Yoonmi, Rian, Jiyoung, Sehun and Luhan. Now, both of them are awake. “Come on, guys.” I nodded towards the cake.

Rian rolled her eyes then continued texting. Yoonmi just sat there looking at her compact mirror. Jiyoung stood up and approached beside me. I handed her a plate and a fork.

“Sehun, Luhan! Have a bite.” I asked them while I was at the table. Yoonmi slightly glanced.

Luhan headed to the door first then Sehun followed him.

 

Daeji sliced the cake and placed a piece on her plate. Then, she took a bite. I also sliced the cake and was going to bite when Daeji held my arm.

I looked at her. “Huh?” Daeji looked into my eyes then she fell on the ground. “Ohmygosh, Daeji!” I placed her in my arms.