First Impression

Angel

They said I was too picky. During junior high, there were some girls confessing to me but none of them became my girlfriend. My best friend Kris told me that I had set my standard a bit too high. Honestly, I didn't think so. All the girls who confessed were very pretty, according to my standard. I just hadn't found her yet, my angel; the one who could take my breath away when I saw her; the one that I would be willing to sacrifice everything for. She hadn't arrived yet. When I told Kris the reason I stayed single, he said I was a hopeless romantic. Maybe I was.



It was during the first rehearsal of the new student choir that I first saw her.  The teacher was asking around, if any of us, the first year students, could play a keyboard to accompany the choir. Our school had a tradition of making the new students formed a choir and sang the school anthem in the entrance ceremony.

After a couple seconds filled with the new students whispering at each other, she raised her hand. The teacher asked her to come forward, and she did. And heavens, I swore I saw an angel had descended from the sky. Her long black hair was falling gracefully to her thin shoulder as she walked elegantly to the front. Her milky white skin was flawless and radiant like a pearl. Her eyes were big and shining like a pair of well crafted onyx. Her figure was tall, slim, and sleek--way better than any celebrity on TV. She was the definition of perfection. The only thing that was missing was a pair of wings from her back.

I was so infested on looking at her fluid motions while she talked to the teacher, that suddenly Kris jabbed me on the ribs.

"OW!" I touched the sore spot while glaring at my best friend since junior high.

"You might have caught some flies with that opened mouth of yours. Shut it." Kris said in boredom.

I touched my mouth, surprised. Did I really openly gawk at her?

"Yes you did, Joonmyun." Kris answered, as if reading my mind. Or could I have said it out loud?

Aishh... I don't know. My brain wasn't functioning properly at the moment. However, I ignored Kris and went back to look at her. Except that she was gone. My eyes searched the entire hall, but I couldn't find her. Where is she?

"Like hell I know." Kris said monotonously.

I looked up at my best friend, annoyed. (Yes, I had to look up, he was just freaking tall.)

"It's not that I read your mind, you know. You just said it all out loud." Kris commented.

"I couldn't imagine how would your fan girls look like if they saw you, the honor student and ideal boyfriend Joonmyun, like this. Mouth hanged open and eyes looking like predator. Bet they'll all cry their eyes out." Kris added, smirking amusedly.

I could fell warmth spreading on my cheeks. "Shut up!" I spat at him.

"Oooh.. You’re being all hostile too. Where does the sweetheart Joonmyun go?" Kris teased as he looked right and left, pretending to look for me. I just rolled my eyes. That damn bastard.


 

When the first year students were gathered for another choir rehearsal, I stood near the keyboard since she was assigned to be the accompaniment. When the teacher finally showed up along with her, I felt excitement was high on my body. It was an emotion I had never felt before. When she walked to the keyboard, I could feel my heart beat faster with every step she took. She was as stunning as she was the day before, if not prettier. Her long hair was put up in a high ponytail, making her look more innocent. She sat at the bench which was only a couple feet from me. She was so close that I could see her slender fingers gently touched the keyboard keys, her long eyelashes fluttering open and close as she enjoyed the music she played. Kris nudged me on the ribs.

I eyed him angrily. What?

Sing, idiot. He mouthed at me, and I just realized that I was supposed to sing along with the choir.


 

I didn't really remember when the rehearsal was over since I had been busy stealing glances from her. I bet I looked like an idiot, and maybe a ert to her, as I looked at her every once in a while. But, damn, I really couldn't help it. I really wanted to stay focus and sing, but she was so tempting. That slender neck and rosy lips of hers... Aishhhh! What the hell am I thinking?! Focus, Joonmyun! Focus!

Damn these raging hormones of puberty!

When she stood up to leave the keyboard, Kris motioned at me to get at her, but I refused. How could I, anyway?

No WAY in hell I will go to her. I shook my head violently, as Kris pushed me toward her.

"Look, she dropped her pen."

I looked at her immediately, but I saw no pen was dropped. I was about to turn back and lash out on Kris, but he pushed me really hard that I bumped into her. The impact made all the partitures on her hand flew everywhere.

!! That damn tall devil!

"I'm sorry!!"

I squatted and took the partitures that was on the floor. I gathered them up and gave it back at her.

"Here." I gave her the papers, "I'm really sorry that I bumped at you. My friend," I pointed at Kris, who was leaning on the wall, looking all innocent, "pushed me."

She accidentally touched my hands when she accepted the partitures. I felt electricity sparked on my hands.

"It's okay," she said, "thank you."

She smiled, really beautifully. She is much prettier up close. I thought.

However, I spotted a bit of red color was smeared on her cheek.

Did she blush because our hand touched?

Does this mean I stand a chance?

She was about to leave when I decided to clear my throat.

She looked back at me.

It's now or never.

"Hi, my name is Kim Joonmyun. What is yours?"

I extended my hand to her.

Red color crept on her cheeks. She is definitely blushing!

"I'm Park Seohyun, nice to meet you."

 

 

And that was how I got to know her.



The end

 

Author note:

Okay... This is the first oneshot for "Angel". I'm thinking of making this story as a compilations of oneshots for Seohyun-Suho Couple. I know that Seohyun real name is Seo Joo Hyun, but since I decided to make her real name is Seohyun in the original story  of this spin off (Merry Go Round), I decided to give her another surname. Sorry, Seobaby. :)

Please comment below to let me know what do you think about this story. I already had some other ideas about the couple regarding their relationship development, but I guess I'll be saving it for later.

-Himalayancat