A Mere Human?

Enticement

Earlier that night.....

 

I groggily opened my eyes. The nearly full moon glaring at me through my blinds. I immediately clenched my throat with my hand. The thirst was unbearable.

It has been a while since I've waited so long to feast. Tonight had to be the night I got the perfect meal. I definitely deserved it after holding out for so long.

I lingered for a second in the comfort of my covers before I had to dress for the night. I had to look good at the dinner table. I slid on a pair of overly tight, black jeans ands a fitted black leather jacket with a black tank underneath. Black was my color. Indeed it was only about 45 degrees outside but it didn't matter, I would still be cold if it was a 100 degrees.

I laced up my boots and grabbed my wallet. Not that I needed it but just in case complications arose.

I stepped out into the cold night air and made my way to one of my favorite night clubs. It was on the expensive side but the food there was pretty good, if you know what I mean.

As I made my way down the street, I let my eyes sweep across the bystanders. I didn't want to miss a good catch on a night like this one.

Only a few blocks away from the club, something on the side of the street had caught my eye. A female, a very attractive one at that, but that wasn't what caught my attention. It was her hair, long and silver. The exact hypnotizing hue of the moon.

Maybe I'd skip the club tonight.

I quickly made my way to a nearby alley that she would eventually pass. I leaned my body on the brick building beside me, and waited. All I needed to do was wait.

As she got closer, I noticed things I couldn't see afar. She was short, I would guess around 164 cm. Her silver hair was much longer than I had thought. It cascaded in messy waves down past her back. She was very small but shapely, her short but modest dress fit her far better than I had ever seen on anyone else.

She was barefoot, carrying her stilettos in hand. I would call any human foolish for such an act. But she walked with such an air of confidence, that I felt calling her a fool would be the wrongest of wrongs.

The nearer she got, the more anxious I became. Though she was small and held a small amount of blood, I found my mouth watering at the sight of her.

What happened next, left me speechless, confused, and even hungrier than I was just moments ago. She walked right past me. She didn't even flinch. Such a small detail, right? But no, s human has never once resisted my charm, and yes, I knew for a fact she was human.

Now I had to have her.

I left from the dark alleyway and began to follow the bright silver hair in front of me.

_

We'd been walking at a leisurely pace for about 20 minutes when I noticed how far away from the city we were walking. We were almost in the outskirts, the most crime filled area of the city. Either this girl was dumb for putting herself in such danger or she had a gun hiding underneath that dress.

Too bad that gun could do nothing against me.

Soon we began taking many more turns than normal. Not only that, but the female had quickened her pace. Her steps became harder and more spaced out. Totally unnatural.

It was as if she was running from something or someone.

I couldn't help but notice how her hair moved with the slightest movement. It was as though it had a mind of it's own. Though I was far away from her, my extraordinary sight allowed me to see the goose bumps on her arms and legs. I could barely feel the heat radiating from her blood. She had to be freezing but she hid it well. Her skin was spotless in a strange way. No birthmarks or moles from what I could see.

Abruptly, she stopped. Her breathing became more audible than before. She stood there for what seemed liked ages. I dared a step closer.

Not a good idea.

She bristled, and it was obvious. She knew I was there though I was a good ways away from her.

"Why are you following me?"

It took me longer than normal to process her words. I was busy processing her voice. It rolled through my ears like silk, settling in the air like a light fog. I wanted to hear the heavenly voice again. I could listen to it for hours.

She turned around, slowly. I expected many emotions displayed in her expression. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see what fear would look like on that otherworldly face.

What I didn't expect was the scrutinizing glare she gave me. She inspected every single part of me her human eyes would allow. She did it swiftly, in one glance. Her eyes were huge and and captivating. Her purple contacts made it evident that she had a thing for standing out. Her face was bare but any girl with make up would only look half as beautiful as she did, not even that.

"Are you deaf?" she asked, her words laced with venom.

She barely spoke above a whisper, but I could hear her loud and clear.

Slowly, I closed the space between us, letting a smirk fall to my lips. I circled her, admiring her figure. She was, surprisingly, even more breathtaking up close. Frighteningly breathtaking...

Once I finished my "observing," I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my tight jeans and thought of a proper response.

"I am not. Well I wasn't the last time i checked."

She rolled her eyes and sighed. Normally, I would expect a different response to my voice, but I was beginning to learn that this girl was very unpredictable.

"I pity you if that was supposed to be a pick-up line."

How she took my snide remark as a pick up line, I am not sure.

She huffed, and began to walk off. I caught up with her in a blink of an eye. She did not slow her pace though.

"If I wanted to pick you up, I would have done so by now."

Confidence leaked through my voice, but I was completely doubting myself on the inside.

She chuckled at my comment. Her pretty plump lips twisting into a smirk. She slowed down a bit as if to make it a more comfortable pace for me. I eased into step beside her.

"At least tell me you're not here to me. I've already had as much as I can put up with tonight."

Inwardly, I laughed. I was the definition of too much too handle.

We stopped drifting away from from the city, dangling in the outskirts. The moon was high in the sky, lighting up our path.

I stopped the smirk threatening to appear across my face. "I'll try my best to not burden you."


A/N: Ok well there is chapter two!! Sorry if it is moving a little slowly. Next chapter will be more eventful! smiley

I really really hope you guys like it so far. Please comment! I really want to know what people think!

I know this type of story is a little different but I'm trying my best to portray Tao's evolvement into a better being. (vampire being? lol) I hope it's not too weird.

Let me know if there is anything wrong I'm doing! I want to hear your input!

oh and I've decided to make this a chaptered fic! :)

- Che