Chapter 2: We Meet Again

Serious Love

 

HI, you should read the first chapter again because i changed it a little.



 

CHAPTER 2

 

“Eun Jun~ah, get down here already!” my father was saying for the fifth time.

 I don’t know why my father was so hyper today. He said that he was going to introduce us to his childhood friend, and that me and my older sisters had to be on our best behavior. Like my sisters would ever miss a chance to look good in front of outsiders.

When I walked down the stairs I saw that my sisters and mother had glammed themselves from head to toe. This was just a dinner, right? I looked down at my plain dress and flats. My sisters were looking at me like I was some beggar they saw on the street.

*sigh

This was going to be one long dinner. We were just going to that French restaurant that we always go to, why should I have to dress like I’m going to walk on the red carpet. Not like I care what my sisters think about my appearance.

On the way to the restaurant, my five sisters thought it important that they all drive their own cars. I drove with my dad and mom, since I barely ever use my car anyways.

When we arrived at the restaurant, dad told them that we had a reservation.

“Ah, yes, right this way Mr. Kang. Your guest have arrived already.” The hostess said as she led the way to our table, where two men were sitting, facing away from us. From the back of their heads I could tell one of them was about dad’s age while the other was much younger.

As we got closer the two men got up to greet us.

I stopped dead in my tracks. IT WAS HIM! The guy from the train this morning. All of a sudden our eyes met, and he smiled.

Aw he had dimples. Wait no, not aw! Shut up brain!

As I slowly stepped back into reality I saw that my dad and the older gentleman had their arms wrapped around each other. They both had face splitting smiles on their faces.

“It’s been so long, my friend!” my dad said.

“Honey it’s only been a few months since you guys got together in paris a couple of months ago.” My mom said sweetly, which just made my dad roll his eyes.

“Really?! It’s seems like years!” chipped in my dad friend.

“Oh! I’m sorry my darling. Let me introduce my dear childhood friend and business partner, Ok Tae Hyuk. He handles all the international matter connected to the company. And this is his son Ok Taecyeon.”

I could see my sisters’ eyes widen and their jaws drop to the floor.

*sigh

 Here we go. All of them practically attacked HIM. But at that moment all I saw were his eyes on mine. It’s like his eyes were sending electricity through my body.

While my sisters were fighting over who would sit next to Ok Taecyeon, I settled myself in the safest seat with Mr. Ok on my left and dad on my right. While my mother was sitting on my dad’s right and Ok Taecyeon was sitting on Mr. Ok’s left. I looked around the round table to see that my oldest sister, Sunye, had won the battle and was seated on Ok Taecyeon’s left.

“Darlings, why don’t you introduce yourselves.” My dad said softly. So we went around the table starting with the oldest.

“I’m Sandara, age 26, occupation fashion designer.”

“I’m Victoria, age25, occupation fashion designer.”

“I’m Kia, age 25, me, Sunye, and Victoria are triplets, though we don’t look alike. I’m shoe designer. Me, Sandara, Victoria, and Sunye have our own fashion line called Star. And Amber will be joing us next this year.”

“I’m Sunye, age 25.”

“I’m Amber, age 23, occupation business manager.”

And then everyone turned to me. Oh! It’s my turn. I could feel his eyes on me, and my words froze in my mouth.

“This is my youngest, Eun Jun, she’s 21, she’s just went back to school for her masters. And she helps me with the company too.” My dad told the Oks on my behalf.

“Ah, you have beautiful daughters. This is going to be a hard decision right?” Mr. Ok looked at everyone’s face and realized that my sisters and I didn’t know what he was talking about. “Oh! Sorry, I guess you hadn’t told them.” He looked apologetically at my parents.

“It’s ok. This is why we had this dinner anyway.” Replied my dad.

Ok, so I don’t know about my sisters but I was confused. What were they talking about? There was a reason for this dinner other than introducing Mr. Ok?

“So we decided a long ago that we wanted to be related. So the only way is for our children to get married.”