Apoapsis

Apoapsis

Kyuhyun opened the door to his house, pulling his black Dre Beats off his head. He got home surprisingly early that the sun was still up.

He was dressed in pure black, his hair tied nearly to the back - his curls were getting out of control.

His expression was bitter, having been invited to the funeral of someone he had never even talked to nor had the chance to get to know. The dead person was so unknown to Kyuhyun he even forgot his name.

Not even wasting time changing clothes, he promenaded to his Vaio laptop sitting in the middle of his living room, surrounded by books and pizza boxes.

Just like his curls, the messes in his house were getting out of hand. He lived a life isolated compared to other people his age. He lived alone, away from his business driven family. He followed his older sister's footsteps and insisted his parents on living alone, they never had time for him anyway. Kyuhyun's parents had no word against his. Although they were the parents, Kyuhyun took control. His parents, being the spoilers they were, instantly submitted to Kyuhyun's request and granted him a furnished single's loft in a high-class building.

He sat on the floor and set the notebook on his lap, opening it and continuing his game.

"Your house needs to go through major cleaning."

Kyuhyun jumped up, causing his laptop to fall on the floor. He turned around to see a familiar boy in school uniform. His school uniform. "Who are you?"

The boy walked up to him, making him step back. "You're hella rich. I recommend hiring room service," he ran his index finger through the leather couch's armrest, brushing some dust off it.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Kyuhyun glared at the boy. He was inhumanly goodlooking, he had milky white skin, hair covering his eyebrows, big eyes, bow shaped lips, chubby cheeks, and a regular frame.

"Who am I?" the boy looked up at Kyuhyun, making the latter notice how short he was, "what am I doing here?"

"You know what?" Kyuhyun grabbed him by the shoulders, "I don't even have time to listen to you, creep. Get out!"

The boy simply brushed Kyuhyun's hand away and grinned. "I can't."

Kyuhyun glared at him more intensely.

He smugly went towards the window, "I tried going out through here since your door was locked."

"Oh please," Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and stepped beside the creep. "Just go out now, your parents are worrying about you."

"I'm telling you, I can't," he ran his hand through the window but his arm merely came across it, like he was wind. "And no," he smirked, "they're mourning."

Kyuhyun widened his eyes and stumbled backwards, pointing his index finger at the boy and shaking. He wanted to speak and scream but something was caught in his throat.

The creep merely laughed at Kyuhyun's clumsiness. He stretched his arm to Kyuhyun's direction. "I'm Sungmin," he introduced himself with a happy smile.

"Get," Kyuhyun stammered, "get out!"

Sungmin rolled his eyes and walked towards the door, "I don't like self-inflicted pain." He intentionally hit the door with his body.

"Open it!" Kyuhyun yelled at him.

"!" Sungmin stuck his tongue out. "I'm a ghost. I'm stuck here."

"I was able to hold you," Kyuhyun regained his sanity realizing this, he stood up holding on to the window frame for support and smirked, "explain that."

Sungmin widened his eyes, Kyuhyun was right. There was a moment of silence between them until Sungmin thought of what to say, "you know what? I don't even know what I am."

"Just get out," Kyuhyun motioned towards the door and opened it for Sungmin.

Sungmin pouted at Kyuhyun, shaking his head. He attempted to walk out the house but he hit his head like there some kind of vortex keeping him from getting through.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, thinking it was the creep's excuse to stay in his house. Maybe the guy's a beggar, he thought. He held Sungmin from behind and pushed him out, but there was some kind of invisible wall keeping him from getting through. Kyuhyun even stepped out and tried to pull Sungmin by the arm, but only his hand was able to cross the invisible wall. He could've sworn one of his neighbors mumbled "weirdo."

Sungmin could only roll his eyes at how unexpectedly stupid Kyuhyun was.

The taller boy sighed and stepped back into his house, closing the door. He looked at Sungmin for a few seconds. His back was sent crashing to the door when realization dawned upon him. "You," he widened his eyes, his voice shaking, "you're that guy from earlier!"

"Earlier where?" Sungmin put his arms behind his back, staring at Kyuhyun with an amused expression.

"Earlier in the funeral!" Kyuhyun yelled at Sungmin, keeping a distance from him.

"Who's funeral?" Sungmin walked up to Kyuhyun, making the latter shut his eyes and cover his head with his hands.

"Your funeral!" Kyuhyun yelled before passing out.

&&

Kyuhyun woke up beside the main door to his home, still dressed formally. He looked around and checked the time. It was 4:09. He stood up and patted his clothes, looking around again. "What a weird dream," he put his hand on his head.

He dismissed the thought and went straight to the shower, grasping a fresh set of clothes. He turned the shower on an enjoyed as the warm water sprinkled his skin, he stayed standing there for a while.

"OH MY GOD!" he screamed.

"Hi Kyu!" Sungmin squealed, he randomly popped up in front of bare, Kyuhyun, standing only a few centimeters away.

Kyuhyun turned away from Sungmin, trying to cover himself up.

"Nice bum!"

Hearing this, Kyuhyun quickly stepped out and grabbed a towel, covering his lower self.

Sungmin remained standing under the shower, immune to the sprinkling water.

"Haunting me is one thing," Kyuhyun said coldly, still wrapping himself up with a pink Barbie towel he randomly grabbed from a hanger, "but watching me bathe is just too much, don't you think?"

"I was just sitting here," Sungmin grinned at Kyuhyun, "you came in without noticing me!"

"Are you sure you have no way out?"

Sungmin shook his head.

"Why are you not in heaven?"

"That is," Sungmin paused, thinking about whether he should tell Kyuhyun his purpose. He shrugged.

&&

"Kyuhyun!" Kyuhyun woke up to the sound of Sungmin's smooth voice and cymbals. "Time for school!"

Kyuhyun grunted, glaring at Sungmin and his failure of an alarm clock. He pushed himself up and got out of bed. The sun wasn't even up yet and he already had to head out.

"You can't touch the door," Kyuhyun started, he was now standing in the doorway of his room, "but you can cook?"

"I'm weird," Sungmin grinned, setting a few more plates on the dining table. "Why are you living alone?"

"None of your business," he answered like the cold person he was.

Sungmin curled his lips into a pout and mumbled, "meanie."

"The thought of having a supernatural being staying in my home," Kyuhyun sat lazily on one of the chairs lining the table, "still freaks me out."

"You'll get used to it," Sungmin said with a smile.

&&

Sungmin was right, he did get used to it.

It had been three weeks since Sungmin started haunting Kyuhyun. He started seeing Sungmin as someone to come home to, someone like a roommate, instead of someone who haunts and watches him bathe. Sungmin wakes Kyuhyun up everyday, cooks breakfast for him, and sometimes cleans for him.

"Kyuhyun!" Sungmin squealed, sliding beside sleeping Kyuhyun. He didn't fail to notice how hard Kyuhyun was trembling. He was bent into a ball, wrapped up with a thick quilt. "Kyu," Sungmin brushed his fingers against the boy's forehead, "you have a fever!"

He ran fast towards the bathroom and came back with a face towel. He pushed Kyuhyun so that he was lying on his back, folded the face towel neatly, and set it on his forehead.

"You just rest," Sungmin smiled, patting the quilt Kyuhyun was wrapped in. He was about to leave Kyuhyun's side when he felt his hands in someone else's feel.

"Thank you," Kyuhyun muttered, his eyes still shut tight.

&&

It took two weeks of living with Kyuhyun before Sungmin realized one of his functions as a "supernatural being."

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun's retreating back, the boy was leaving for school. He let himself fall on the couch in the living room. Looking around and taking in the price of everything around him (the golden curtains, the leather couches, the flat-screen TV, the blue VAIO laptop sitting on the floor, the XBOX 360 with the CD tray hanging open), he set eyes on the paper bag sitting on the coffee table. Panicking, he grabbed it and went straight out the door. He was lucky to still find Kyuhyun walking down the hall. "Your lunch!" he stopped a few feet away from Kyuhyun and handed him the paper bag.

"Thanks," Kyuhyun grabbed it from Sungmin's bag and summoned the elevator, dismissing Sungmin.

Sungmin retreated back to the loft's door. "Kyuhyun!"

"What?"

"I can't get in!" that was when they both realized that Sungmin could only go out and come back in when Kyuhyun is. It was also the day Sungmin started following Kyuhyun around wherever he went.

&&

Sungmin had been staying with Kyuhyun for a month when...

"I missed this place," Sungmin immediately ran towards one of the benches on the rooftop. "I died here," he turned around to look at Kyuhyun with a smile.

"I know," Kyuhyun answered simply, sitting beside Sungmin. "Did you use to stare at me from up here?"

Sungmin widened his eyes and blushed. "How did you know?" he tilted his head to look at Kyuhyun.

"Well," Kyuhyun leaned back and made a blank expression, "Donghae said you really hated me. He said you used to try and kill me by staring from up here," he laughed a laugh Sungmin nor anyone else had never seen before.

"What?" Sungmin widened his eyes even more his eyes were about to jump out of his eyelids. "Not true! I used to stare at you from up here because I really liked you!" he buried his face in his palms, "aish, that Donghae."

It was Kyuhyun's turn to widen his eyes. "You liked me?"

Sungmin gulped, "I said that?"

"Apparently you did."

Sungmin nodded. Awkward silence blew against them for a few minutes, both of them staring at their feet with red on their faces.

"Once I get to kiss your lips... I'm done here."

&&

A few more weeks when...

"Kyuhyun!" Sungmin threw the door to Kyuhyun's room open. "Someone's here to see you!"

Kyuhyun grunted, burying his head more into the pillow.

"Kyu!" Sungmin ran up to him and grabbed his hand, "get up!" he tried to pull Kyuhyun but he was just too heavy.

Kyuhyun shoved his hand harshly away from Sungmin's grip. "Okay," he muffled under his breath and got out of bed. "Stay here," he said coldly to Sungmin.

"Aww c'mon," Sungmin whined, "it's not like they'll see me or anything! Who is that? Another ? Aigoo!"

"Sungmin!" Kyuhyun yelled at him, he had a serious look in his eyes that just scared the out of Sungmin, "just stay here."

Sungmin decided to shut up, not that he could answer back at Kyuhyun or anything. He simply sat on Kyuhyun's bed and watched the latter go out the door.

It took Kyuhyun around an hour before he dismissed his guest. He went back to his room.

The darkness of the room did not keep Sungmin from noticing the redness of Kyuhyun's eyes. He immediately the lights and ran up to Kyuhyun. "What's wrong? Who was that?"

Kyuhyun ignored him and went back to bed.

"Kyuhyun!"

"It was my noona," Kyuhyun answered with an obvious tremor in his voice, "dad died."

"Oh," Sungmin sat on the bed and started to play with Kyuhyun's hair, "I'm sorry."

Kyuhyun gave in and started sobbing, not even caring about his pride anymore. He was sad and he regretted not being able to spend a lot of time with his father.

They stayed that way for ten minutes: Kyuhyun crying and Sungmin leaning close to him, playing with his curls.

"I died without a mom," Sungmin started, "I grew up living with my dad and younger brother. It was a less than happy life, ya know. My dad always beat us up when he was frustrated or lonely," he smiled, "I pity my brother. I wonder how he is now, with only him absorbing all of dad's frustrations. He must be begging to follow my death."

Kyuhyun didn't move a bit, but he did stop sobbing.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that at least you got to live at least half your life in your dad's care, even if he didn't have all the time in the world for you, at least he didn't hurt you."

"Sungmin," Kyuhyun muffled from under the thick quilt, "shut up and lie down here," he patted the empty space beside him.

Sungmin nodded and settled himself beside Kyuhyun, wrapping himself up with the same quilt Kyuhyun used.

Kyuhyun took the smaller boy into his arms, "just bear with it. Just today," he whispered.

Sungmin nodded and rested his hands on Kyuhyun's sides. He was supposed to be happy, he had dreamed of this moment forever. But he wasn't. He felt the peaceful tremor of Kyuhyun's chest against his. He stretched his body and brought his face closer to Kyuhyun, only to be slapped playfully by said boy.

"Not today."

&&

Kyuhyun had been living with a supernatural being for two months and a half when...

"Kyuhyun!" Sungmin skipped to the couch to find Kyuhyun there, trembling under a thin blanket, with his Starcraft game paused in front of his face. "Aish, this person!"

Sungmin ran to the bathroom to fill a bucket of water and grab a face towel. He came back to Kyuhyun after the process, "have you been eating well?" he rinsed the face towel and rubbed Kyuhyun's face with it, then his arms, then his inner thighs.

"Don't push your luck."

"I'm taking care of you," Sungmin did not let Kyuhyun distract him, "and it's not like I've never seen 'that' before," he chuckled.

Kyuhyun did not answer him. He put his laptop down and rested his head on one of the armrests.

Sungmin was about to set the face towel down on Kyuhyun's forehead when he realized that the boy was more beautiful than he thought. He leaned in and brought their faces closer.

Kyuhyun turned his back at Sungmin, "I can't let my guard down for a bit, can I?"

&&

Three months when...

"You know," Sungmin started, staring at the trees in cemetery, "my time here is limited. The time will come and I will go back there," he point his index finger at a tombstone that had "Lee Sungmin" carved onto it.

"What do you need to do again?" Kyuhyun did not even look at Sungmin. He was kneeling in front of his father's monument which happened to be just a few feet away from Sungmin's, holding a bundle of white roses. He still found it creepy that he was with someone who's name was an epitaph on a tombstone.

"Kiss you," Sungmin stepped beside Kyuhyun, hoping he would give him the chance.

"I'd rather have my first kiss be with a girl," Kyuhyun stood up, "a living one."

"Then kiss someone then kiss me after!" Sungmin suggested stupidly.

"No," Kyuhyun chuckled. He noticed how much he had changed since Sungmin came around.

"Wait a minute," Sungmin widened his eyes, "you've never had your first kiss?"

Kyuhyun nodded.

"So you're a ?"

Kyuhyun nodded again, "no, I am not having with a ghost."

"I don't want to do you!" Sungmin stuck his tongue out at Kyuhyun.

"Say," Kyuhyun started walking towards the cemetery's exit, "what's gonna happen if you don't get to kiss me in time?"

"I won't get to heaven, and you won't be able to see me anymore," Sungmin frowned, "I'll probably be a loitering soul in Seoul.

"Well I guess you'll just have to suffer with that," Kyuhyun smirked, walking a few steps ahead of Sungmin, "God chose the wrong person for you to mess with." He pulled a petal from one of the white roses in the cemetery and slid it into the pocket of Sungmin's uniform. "Wander with this memory of me, you soon to be soul loitering in Seoul," he laughed maniacally and ran away.

Sungmin ran towards Kyuhyun, "but it was me who chose you," he whispered.

&&

Three months and a week when...

"Sungmin!" Kyuhyun yelled, running to the kitchen.

"Sorry!" Sungmin yelled back, picking up the broken pieces of the plate he had dropped. They didn't cut him, he wasn't human.

"What happened?" Kyuhyun grabbed a broom and started sweeping the shattered pieces away.

"I tried to get it and it sort of," Sungmin paused when realization occurred to him, "fell."

"Aish, you clumsy ghost," Kyuhyun prodded Sungmin's hand away with the broom.

Sungmin pulled his hand away, not because the fibers attached to the broom hurt him. He actually did not feel anything at all, and it scared him. The head of the broom went through his hand. "I think I'm disintegrating," Sungmin mumbled.

"Hm?" Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin who was still kneeling on the floor.

"Nothing."

&&

Four months when...

Kyuhyun opened the door to his home. He went in expecting to be greeted by a happy Sungmin. He had been expecting happy Sungmin ever since their second month of living together. To his dismay, he wasn't. "Must be sleeping," he mumbled. "But he doesn't sleep," Kyuhyun dropped his backpack and started scanning the small loft for Sungmin. It was the first time he failed to greet Kyuhyun in four months.

"Kyuhyun," Sungmin called out from behind Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun turned around to look at him. "Min!" he yelled.

Sungmin was now translucent... more like transparent. He looked merely like a tint of whatever was behind him. "I think it's time," he smiled at Kyuhyun sadly.

Kyuhyun walked to Sungmin and grabbed him by the arms. He was not solid, but Kyuhyun could still feel him. "Are you leaving?" he asked, his voice shaking slightly.

Sungmin nodded, "in a few hours, probably."

Kyuhyun took Sungmin into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"Kiss me now," Sungmin whispered, "you should have done so earlier."

The taller boy held Sungmin's face, "it's not that don't want to kiss you," he looked straight into his eyes, their stares digging into one another's eyes. "I don't want you to disappear," his eyes were slowly moistening.

"But you'll forget me," Sungmin smiled at him sadly, "I'll disappear and you won't remember me anymore."

"But I don't want to forget you," Kyuhyun hugged Sungmin again as tears started to flow down his cheeks. "I love you. I don't want you to disappear. I have always lived alone and I thought I was happy about it until you came along."

"Do this for me," Sungmin pushed Kyuhyun slightly, wiping his tears away with his thumb, "kiss me. You'll forget me, I'll go to heaven, it's a win-win."

Kyuhyun let him out of his arms. He started sobbing like crazy, "Sungmin, I love you."

"I love you too," Sungmin tiptoed and locked their lips together.

&&












































































































 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you Sungmin?" he was awakened by a deep voice. A deep, dreadfully familiar voice.

"Kyuhyun?" Sungmin straightened up. He did not realize that he had fallen asleep on the bench.

"Yeah," Kyuhyun stretched his arm to help Sungmin up. "Kangta-seonsaeng asked me to look for you."

Sungmin grabbed it and pulled himself up. "What a weird dream," he mumbled.

"Say," Kyuhyun started, his blank expression changing, "have we spoken before?"

"Uhm," Sungmin looked up, trying to remember whether they had spoken before. "No, I don't think so."

"Thought so," Kyuhyun turned his back at Sungmin, "let's go, we're late."

Sungmin followed Kyuhyun, walking behind him. He shoved his hand into his pockets and felt something he didn't remember taking. He held it up, "a petal?"