Pictures and Clothes

Scarlet Necklace

 

The shoot ended two hours later and they gathered around the screen to inspect the pictures. When Jooyeon and Aru were satisfied, Baekhyun was showed back to the dressing room to change. IF it wasn't for Seulmi, Yejin would probably be bored out of her mind. The cute dog made her want to get one for herself.

"Wait! Can I ask something?" Baekhyun said before going into the dressing room.

"Sure thing!" Hyosung smiled.

"Can Yejin and I take one picture for ourselves?" Yejin turned towards them with hanging open.

"I refuse," Yejin raised her hand.

"Of course. I'll even print it out for you guys. What size?" Hyosung gladly accepted.

"What do you think?" Baekhyun looked at Yejin.

"I wanna keep it in my wallet. So small enough for that," she answered, gently patting Seulmi to sleep.

"Okay, I'll give it to you guys as soon as it's ready," Hyosung smiled.

"Thanks, I'll go change," Baekhyun smiled back and proceeded to the dressing room.

"Wait," Hyosung stopped him. "Yejin should change. It'll be fun if you guys wore matching clothing. I have a spare red Angry Bird hoodie that Hyeju wore just now. Go change into that."

"What? No!" Yejin gave her a look. "It's just a picture."

"Come here," Hyosung pointed to the floor in front of her.

"Seulmi, the witch is calling you, go," Yejin looked to the sleeping dog.

"Ugh," Hyosung rolled her eyes and dragged her into Hyeju's dressing room and shut the door. Baekhyun blinked at the closed door and went to play with Seulmi until they came out.

"NO," Baekhyun jumped at Yejin's murderous shriek.

"Will you shut up?! I'm not even asking you to give up your ity or anything!" Hyosung snapped.

"I'm not agreeing to this even if you promised to take me to a Rilakkuma store."

"I promise to take you to a Rilakkuma store," she replied calmly.

"Not falling for your lies," Yejin scoffed.

"Do me a favour!"

"Baekhyun being here is already doing you a favour," Yejin groaned.

"Gosh. Okay, I'll buy you a dog for your birthday and take you to a Rilakkuma store," Hyosung suggested. There was silence for a while until Yejin finally gave in. Hyosung opened the door and signaled for Baekhyun to come over. The first thing he saw was Yejin sulking childishly at the table.

“What’s wrong? I heard you guys from outside,” Baekhyun asked.

“Since you guys will be taking pictures and such, I thought maybe I could put it onto my fashion blog,” Hyosung started off.

“I don’t mind,” Baekhyun smiled politely and looked at Yejin unsurely.

“She already agreed,” Hyosung reassured him and urged her to go change. Ten minutes later, Yejin was clad in a red Angry Birds hoodie while Baekhyun was still wearing the grey version of it.

“Stop sulking, you’re not pretty that way,” Baekhyun slightly slapped the back of her hand.

“I just need a few, it won’t take long,” Hyosung said and got her camera ready. Jooyeon and Aru along with the other staff had long left, it was just the three of them. Yejin stood awkwardly in the middle of the set, completely stiff.

“What.. What do I do?” Yejin blinked.

“Just act like how you guys normally do,” Hyosug shrugged. That made Yejin even more confused. Was there a certain way couples should act? She looked at Baekhyun for help but he was equally clueless.

“Gosh..” Hyosung groaned at the awkward atmosphere and looked around for any props lying around. “Oh look, there’s two waterguns. Just play with it.”

“I feel like Yoomes Bond!” Yejin grinned excitedly and shot him. “Out!”

“Yah!” Baekhyun wiped his face and shot her back. Hyosung took the chance and snapped a picture with the DSLR.

“Okay! Unless you want to clean up the place then you should stop,” Hyosung reminded before it could escalate to a full on fight. Yejin took the both their guns and walked back to the table where Hyosung found it to put it down. While she had her back turned to them, Baekhyun and Hyosung exchanged signs. Yejin walked back to them completely oblivious and became the awkward turtle that she was again. Before she could ask what to do next, Baekhyun crept up behind her and hugged her from the back before leaning forward and kissing her cheek. Hyosung grinned and captured the moment perfectly like they planned just seconds ago.

“You guys planned this! I knew it!” Yejin pointed at Hyosung accusingly, struggling to break free from Baekhyun so she could tackle her down.

“Relax, it turned out well,” Hyosung said while checking the two pictures she took.

"Are you kidding me? I look like I'm trying to force a huge piece of out of my ," Yejin wailed.

"Can you control yourself, gosh," Hyosung rolled her eyes. “That’s it. Okay time for your personal picture.”

Baekhyun casually slung an arm around her shoulder and closed the gap between them. As soon as everything was done, Hyosung paid him for his time and the two left first, after changing of course.

“Dinner?” Baekhyun suggested.

“I want sushi,” Yejin smiled and held his hand first. The two walked to the shopping mall and had dinner at a Japanese restaurant.

"Let's go in here," Baekhyun pulled her into a random store and started looking around. "Let's get this!"

Yejin narrowed her eyes at the corny outfits and looked up to him with an expression that said 'you're kidding, right?'

"What? What's wrong?" Baekhyun huffed.

"No, oppa. Just no," Yejin shook her head and led him deeper into the store. "If you really want something matching then we should get something cooler and less  corny. Like this one."

"But that one was cuter!" He pouted slightly and pointed to the rack where the previous hoodies were hanging.

Yejin clucked her tongue. "Why are you acting like the girl?"

"Because you won't act like one," Baekhyun retorted.

"Yah," Yejin gave him a look and put hung the clothes back with more force than necessary. "You're saying I'm a man."

"Yeah, what are ya gonna do about it," he leaned in tauntingly and knocked his forehead against hers before walking around the store as if nothing happened.

"Aish," Yejin mentally strangled him before trailing behind. Baekhyun stopped abruptly, making her crash face first into his back.

"I want this one," he pointed with his tone taking a childish edge.

"Try it on," she said and took the jacket off the hanger for him to put on. She took a step back and observed him. "Hmm, no, the jacket's way out of your league."

Baekhyun quickly clung on the jacket when she tried to take it off him. "Yah, are you going to keep being childish?"

Yejin smirked and mimicked him from earlier. "Yeah, what are you going to do about it?"

"Kiss you~" He grinned and kissed the corner of her lips. "Buy this for me."

"Why should I?" Yejin tilted her head with a questioning look and folded her arms.

"Bbuing bbuing," Baekhyun said softly and gave his signature eyesmile, knowing she'd definitely wouldn't be able to say to that.

Baekhyun: 1

Yejin: 0

"Come on," Yejin sighed in defeat as she looked for an employee to give her a new set.

"Since I bought us the jackets, go buy some ice cream. You know what I want," Yejin said. 

"But I don't wanna go alone!" She pictured him stomping his feet by the side. 

"You're 19, you can do this," Yejin rolled her eyes. 

"Fine. Stay here once you're done, don't go anywhere," Baekhyun finally gave in.

"Just go already," Yejin groaned and watched him as he left the store and disappeared down the corner. She turned back to the lady and jabbed her thumb to where the hoodies Baekhyun so desperately wanted were left. "Can you wrap those hoodies up for me? I need to hide from him."

"No problem, miss," the employee smiled and handed Yejin the baseball jackets first. As soon as the employee stuffed the hoodies Yejin secretly bought into her backpack while she carried the paper bag containing the baseball jackets, Baekhyun came back with one cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream and another cup of strawberry.

“Heehee,” Baekhyun smiled to himself as he looked into the bag.

“You better wear it, it costs me 50 000 won,” Yejin muttered and ate her ice cream. 

You better wear it,” Baekhyun nudged her. “Let’s go to my place!”

“For what?” She gave him a suspicious look.

“Just because,” Baekhyun shrugged. They finished their ice cream and he took her hand. Ten minutes later, they were on the cab to his house. Yejin couldn’t help but keep noticing Baekhyun stealing secret glances at her.

To Baekhyun:
I know I look pretty under the moonlight, no need to keep staring.

Baekhyun snickered at her message and typed a reply.

From Baekhyun:
What makes you so sure I wasn’t checking myself out in the reflection of the window?

Yejin scowled and kept her phone in her pocket before shooting a death glare at him. Baekhyun simply turned away and looked out the window. 

~~

"This is nice," Yejin sighed in content as she plopped herself onto the couch. Baekhyun smiled in response and went to grab two cans of soda for themselves. 

"Is that Mario Kart?" Yejin sat up and pointed at the CD casing. 

"Uh-huh," Baekhyun nodded slowly as they exchanged glances. Within a heartbeat, the two started setting up the Wii machine and excitedly took a remote control each, eager to start playing. And when they did..

"YAH! NO FAIR," Baekhyun yelled in frustration.  He was originally first place, but Yejin sent a bomb to him and overtook, winning the race in the end. 

"Mehrong," Yejin shot him a playful look. "Next loser goes downstairs to buy ice cream with whipped cream on their face."

"Deal," Baekhyun cracked his knuckles determinedly as the countdown for their next race started. It would be quite an amusing sight of anybody saw. The two were playing a child's game with gritted teeth so much determination.

"YEEEEEEES," Baekhyun roared and stood up, raising his arms in the air. "Ha!"

"Aish! You cheated!" Yejin scowled. 

"Sore loser, sore loser, Yejin's a sore loser," he sang, flicking her forehead once he was done taunting her. "I want strawberry ice cream."

Yejin glared daggers at him as she ground her teeth in irritation, debating with herself whether she should call a rematch. Before she could pull the aegyo card to rid herself of the embarrassing punishment, Baekhyun rethought the outcome. 

"But it's late. Knowing how much of a erted ahjussi magnet you are, you'd probably get yourself ," he shot her a skeptical look. 

"So you're calling yourself a erted ahjussi?" she folded her arms and raised her brows. 

"erted, maybe. But ahjussi... Nah, more like young and smoking hot," he smirked. "I'm not letting you go down, not this late."

"Okay, then I want mint chocolate chip flavoured," Yejin sighed in relief and made herself comfortable on the couch. 

"Since I'm already sacrificing myself to go down for you, the whipped cream shall be waived."

"No way. You agreed to go down in my place willingly. The whipped cream applies too," she said pointedly and started to put him on the guilt trip. "Or.. I can just go down and get myself . I mean if you insist on me going down then, I don't know, I guess."

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, not wanting to let her go down and put herself in potential danger but at the same time reluctant to have his face smeared with whipped cream. "Fine. I'll go, even with the whipped cream."

--

Baekhyun got the ice cream and quickly headed back home in case she was busy trying to find any embarrassing photos of him lying around the house. But when he opened the door, she was lying on the couch sound asleep. Baekhyun left the ice cream in the freezer and went to check up on her. Yejin's breathing was slow and even, her lips were slightly parted as she hugged a cushion to her chest. He smiled to himself and  sat on the floor beside her, just taking his time to admire this beautiful girl he called his soulmate. 

 Just because I said I'd never hurt you... I'm still a guy, you know?

Before his imagination could go wild, he quickly texted Heechul to come over and pick her up. He said he would be there in fifteen minutes, so in the meantime, it was back to creeping on her while she slept.

I could spend the rest of my life doing nothing but love you.