JR

Scarlet Necklace

It was just another day in school, the funfair would be held next week and the committee were busy with preparations. The new kids in school were getting a lot of attention from both students and teachers. Whenever Yejin walked down the corridor where the second year classrooms were, they would always be kneeling outside class with their hands in the air. They didn't look like it bothered them, they just played around as if they weren't being punished. One thing Yejin had to complain about was that the guy called JR would have his eyes glued to her whenever she walked by.

Minji had ever so kindly gave them all the information about those five new guys. When questioned on where she got all that info from, all Minji said was that there were people out there more obsessed than she was. Which wasn't entirely false. Whenever they came to school or whenver they weren't having class, they'd be surrounded by a horde of girls fighting to get their attention, which they hardly gave. Well, Chanyeol wasn't too happy that his non-existant limelight was being stolen.

"I'm just waiting for the day those girls get used to them so my ears can finally have a break," Baekhyun shook his head while leaning against the locker beside hers.

"Why, jealous?" Yejin smiled and shook her head.

"If you join them, then I'll be jealous," Baekhyun flashed her a cheesey and playful wink.

"God, stop being so greasy," she lightly punched his shoulder. Baekhyun happened to see her combination and quickly looked away. When he faced the front, JR was standing right in front of him.

"My locker, move," Baekhyun blinked and moved out of the way.

"Isn't that Taejun's locker?" Yejin wondered to herself before walking away with Baekhyun. JR had a 'talk' with Taejun so they could swap lockers just to get closer to her. Meanwhile, Baekhyun wasn't all too bothered by JR since his mind was filled with ideas of what to put in her locker now that he knew her combination. He walked her to class like he did so every other day 

--

"I don't think I can participate today, I'm having really bad cramps," Yejin pretended to wince and clutched her stomach.

"That's too bad. Okay, you can go sit at the bleachers," Mr Hwang nodded and Yejin turned before smiling triumphantly to herself. Thank goodness there were stupid teachers like Mr. Hwang out there who actually bought her stories. They were having PE in the gym today so there was no sun at all. 

"Liar!" Minji mouthed and pointed at Yejin. She smiled and waved, happy that she didn't have to sweat her off and be all sticky later. She sat at the side so she could comfortably rest her head against the wall and nap for a while. She heard Mr Hwang announce that they were playing dodgeball today and praised the Lord. She was deathly afraid of balls, second to ghosts and the dark. After a silent prayer that she wouldn't get hit by the balls, she fell asleep. She had this really weird dream that she was being chased by a dinosaur before a ball smacked her right in her head. Her head was flung backwards and she woke up immediately, clutching her forehead where most of the impact was.

"Yah!" A strangely familiar guy's voice shouted and she felt an arm around her shoulder.

", who was that," Yejin hung her head and cursed. It wasn't often she spewed vulgarities, but she was really pissed this time.

"I'm so sorry. It was an accident," one of her class' nerds came running up to her.

"Should've been more careful, idiot!" The same voice scolded. Yejin looked up and was shocked to see it wasn't one of her six guy friends but JR, her secret eyecandy.

"I'm really sorry, Yejin," he looked like he was about to cry.

"It's okay," Yejin grit her teeth a massaged her forehead.

"Mr. Kim Jonghyun, shouldn't you be in your class, what are you doing in mine?" Mr Hwang pointed out.

"I'll take her to the nurse's office," JR changed the topic. Being the idiot that he was, Mr Hwang forgot about his previous statement and nodded. JR helped Yejin up but she shook her head.

"I'm okay, no need to go the office."

"Help me out a little, I'm about to get chewed out by that old fart if I don't leave," JR whispered. She nodded and the two walked out of the gym. 

"God, my head hurts like some ," Yejin groaned.

"I think you really do need to go to the nurse," JR checked her forehead. A dark blue and black bruise was starting to form. Yejin complied silently and followed him to the nurse's office.

"What are you doing not in class, actually?" She looked at him.

"I got sent out. Might as well take a tour around the school. I stopped at the gym 'cause you were there," JR shrugged.

"I was there? What does your tour have to do with Wait, so you were watching me sleep?" Yejin shot him a weird look.

"Uh-huh," he nodded with a playful grin.

"Oh god, what did you hear? Or what did you see?!" Her eyes rounded.

"You were saying something like 'don't eat me' and—"

"This will stay between us and if you spread it, not only will I die, I will make sure you die with me too," Yejin pointed her finger at him and narrowed her eyes.

"I was kidding," he chortled. 

Yejin cleared . "Good. Then there's no need for me to be labelled as a murderer."

"Cute," JR smiled to himself. Yejin didn't hear him and plopped herself onto the armchair.

"Oh my, you again? It's not exactly very pleasant to keep seeing you coming to my office," the nurse pursed her lips. "What's wrong?"

Yejin silently swept her fringe up and showed her the darkening bruise. 

"I'll get you some ice," the nurse disappeared behind a door. 

"Do you always get hurt like this?" JR asked, leaning against the bed.

"This is only my second time here, the first time was when I fell and sprained my ankle during PE. Now that I think of it, PE is the main cause of my suffering," Yejin shook her head. "It's no wonder I hate it."

"Then skip it," JR shrugged and the nurse came back with an ice pack with Yejin quickly took it and pressed against her forehead.

"I did and got detention. Facing the wall for three hours isn't exactly the most exciting thing to do," Yejin grimaced at the memory of that.

"Then skip that too," JR answered nonchalantly.

"Playing hooky on my own isn't very amusing," Yejin shook her head.

"I'll join you," he smiled. 

"Mmf, no thanks," Yejin stood up and JR straightened himself. "I think I'm all good. Thank you nurse!"

"No worries. Hope to not see you again." the nurse called from inside.

"Me too," Yejin muttered and left the office. 

"I'll walk you back to class," JR offered.

"There's no need. You should probably head back to class," he shot her a 'what the hell' look. "Or continue on with your tour. Bye."

"Bye cutie," JR smiled to himsellf before wandering off.

 

Hi...

image