It's Okay, I'm With You

Scarlet Necklace

The day of the fair arrived and Yejin's class were busy setting up their stall in the school field. Those who had special needs like Baekhyun's class doing the haunted house, will be given different locations. It was a hot day and hot days make Yejin extremely cranky. Her classmates weren't doing anything to make things better. The one who was supposed to bring markers so that she could do up the menue didn't bring anything at all and nobody else had markers she could use. Yejin had to run around the field just to borrow one. How badly she wanted to smash their annoying faces with a baseball bat. Not that she hated her classmates, but they just chose today to annoy the heck outta her and her fellow committee members.

Yejin managed to tolerate their nonsense until the fair had officially begun. The students were given tickets a few days back to sell to the public at 15 000 won. People started streaming in and the stalls nearby tried their best to sell their food. The committee had come up with a shift so everyone would have a chance to help out. Since it wasn't her shift yet, Yejin roamed around with Hyosung and Minji. 

"Oh hey, Bacon Prince's class doing a haunted house at their classroom, wanna go check it out?" Hyosung suggested. 

"I think I'll just wait outside. I'll cry if I go in there," Yejin shivered.

"Jeez, Bacon was right, you are a scaredy cat," Minji snickered.

"Shut up, everyone has fears," Yejin pouted and stopped at the class before Baekhyun's. "Have fun, don't your pants because I'll act like I don't know you guys."

"If anyone's gonna their pants, it's her," the two said at the same time.

"Okay, just go already," Yejin rolled her eyes. While the two went in, Yejin took a look at what the other second years were doing.

"Hey," JR tapped her shoulder.

"Oh hi," Yejin smiled. "What's your class doing?"

"Don't know, something about a dunking machine," he shrugged boredly. 

"That's fun, you can dunk your teachers. Dunk Mr Hwang for me, please," Yejin smiled. 

"I'll tell Ren," he smiled. "Wanna come?"

"Mm, no thanks. I'm waiting for someone," Yejin jabbed her thumb back to the haunted house.

"Why aren't you going in?" JR asked.

"No, I'll get a heart attack and die," she shook her head.

"Oi! We're gonna persuade baldy to get dunked, aren't you coming?" Aron hollered from the other end of the corridor.

"You guys are dunking the discipline head?" Yejin's jaw dropped.

"Yep. I gotta go. Talk to you some other time," JR smiled charmingly. Yejin turned to walk towards the exit to wait for the other two but her bracelet got caught on someone's backpack. It just so happened that person was going into the haunted house.

"Hey, excuse—"

"KYAAAAAA," screams from the haunted house drowned out Yejin's voice and before she knew it, she was dragged into the haunted house. She managed to free herself and rushed towards the exit.

"Sorry, once you're in, you can't come out. You have to leave by the exit," one said.

"Doesn't that mean I have to go through the course?!" Yejin eyes rounded when the guy nodded. 

Oh my god. Why does this have to happen to me..

"Can you please just let me out from here?" She begged.

"Sorry, I hafta follow rules," he shook his head. Yejin gulped and turned to face total darkness. Because she was talking to the student, the visitors in front of her already went deep in and she was the last one of the ten that entered. Yejin took unsure steps and clenched her fists.

Come on, if you can go through the night walk alone, you can go through this! Their your sunbaes, Baekhyun's probably in here too. Nothing to be scared

"AHHHHHHH. DON'T TOUCH ME, YOU . I WILL HIT YOU," Yejin shrieked. "HOLY CRAP. GET AWAY FROM ME. AHHHHH."

What the, isn't that Yejin? I thought she wasn't going to come?

Baekhyun recognized her voice to come from right in front of him and grabbed her hand. "I SAID DON'T—" 

"Shh, it's me," Baekhyun pressed his index finger to his lips.

"Oh my god, take me out of here, please," Yejin threw her arms around him hoping to feel a bit more secure.

"It's okay, it's okay," he wrapped his arms tightly around her and patted her back. "Hey, are you crying?" 

"No," Yejin sniffed.

"Silly girl, why are you so scared," Baekhyun smiled and her hair.

"I told you I was scared to death," she sniffed again and buried her face in his shirt.

"Then why'd you come?" Baekhyun asked softly.

"I was dragged in here and your stupid classmate wouldn't let me out from the front entrance," she muttered.

"I'll go kill him for you later, let's get you outta here now, okay?" Baekhyun held her shoulders at arm's length.

"But—"

"I'm with you," he smiled reassuringly. Baekhyun took her hand and led her out quickly but carefully. Yejin shut her eyes and squeezed his hand tight. Finally, they were out of her hell.

"And this is why I hate haunted houses. All they do is scare the out of you and probably scar you for life," Yejin muttered bitterly and wiped whatever evidences of her tears.

"Scaredy cat. I'l see you later," Baekhyun poked her cheek.

"Make sure you change and wipe that makeup off when you do," Yejin warned and went to look for Minji and Hyosung in her dazed state. She looked everywhere for them but couldn't see those two anywhere. She decided to calm herself down with some orange fanta from the vending machine and sat in one of the benches. She still got the shivers from remembering that stupid long haired ghost with bloodstains on her totally white hanbok and barbie doll. That was the 'ghost' that made Yejin lose it and burst into tears. Yejin fell into a daze and didn't even realize JR had been staring at her for the past 30 seconds.

"Hey," JR tapped her shoulder when she didn't show him any recognition.

"Holy—" Yejin jumped but calmed down when she saw him.

"What's wrong with you? You look like you just saw a ghost," JR chuckled.

Yejin nodded stiffly. "I did."

"What? Where?" 

"Damned haunted house," Yejin shook her head and sipped her drink.

"I thought you said you weren't gonna go in?"

"I was dragged in."

"Let's go somewhere fun to take your mind off things," without letting her reply, JR took her wrist and dragged her off. Yejin barely even knew the guy, why was he being so nice to her when he was usually playing Ice Prince to everyone in the school except his four other friends?

 

Ayy ay thang.

image