Worst fear

Hero of the fire

 

Loud music sounded through the training room. Hard steps mixed with the tones of twelve sweaty boys dancing with their hearts desire. As usual EXO M and EXO K shared their practice room, and they practiced like crazy for their next single.
When they made a turn and jumped, Xiumin felt his foot send a shock of pain through his body and stopped dancing for a second before he continued. He knew that he now had Kris´ eyes on him, but continued dancing nonetheless. When the song ended Kris walked over and stopped the CD from continuing to the next one.
"Xiumin, your foot?" he asked in Korean and looked very seriously at him. EXO K too stopped and looked at their friend trying to figure it out how serious it was, but Xiumin just smiled,

"It´s okay, I just twisted my foot. Nothing serious, really!" Xiumin tried to calm them all down despite his foot hurting, but they wouldn´t listen anyway. Instead Luhan knelt down and pulled the shoe of Xiumins foot and then started to examine it with experienced hands. Xiumin bit his lips in pain, and looked apologising at Kris.
Luhan looked at Kris and got to his feet again.

"Do you need help?" Luhan asked, and looked at Xiumin with a little naive smile. Xiumin quickly refused the help.

"I can go myself, just keep practicing. I will find something to support my foot and then come back" he promised and walked out of the room while limping a bit. The others let him.

Luhan still looked a bit nervous just like the others, but they couldn´t do anything right now other than continue to practise. Suho talked a bit with Kris, while the others rested, and then Kris the music again. EXO got to their feet again, but Sehun wasn´t very happy about letting go of Luhan, so it took some time before they could begin to practice again. Kai kept sending Luhan and Sehun looks like he knew something the others didn´t, but is couldn´t be the fact that the two of them dated. They had done that for more than a year now, and everyone in EXO knew it - Not that all liked it, but they all accepted it in different ways. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeols way of cooperating with it, was teasing Sehun every time the saw him alone, but they did it in a sweet manner - most of the time. When Luhan was around they funny enough didn´t dare teasing the maknae.

Suddenly an alarm bell rang, and everyone froze on their spots.

"Is that... the fire alarm?" D.O asked while he looked at the others with a confused look in on his face.

"Yes it is, let´s get out of the building... just in case" Suho said and pushed the others to the door. Apparently the sprinklers didn´t work, cause the corridors were completely dry.

Tao looked rather pale and hold onto Kris arm "Is it dangerous?" he asked in Chinese. Lay followed them like a shadow.

"I don´t know. But everything is going to be okay" Kris answered and tried to make the younger relax and comfort him. A huge amount of smoke covered the next corridor, so Suho decided to change direction.

"This way!"
"Suho, the stairs are more safe. The elevators proberly won´t work!" Baekhyun yelled and covered his mouth as he smoke began to surround them.

"We can´t stay here..." someone yelled.

"Everyone hold onto each other... don´t let go..." Sehun felt Kais arm on his own, and he was pretty sure it was Luhan on his left side. Suddenly the feeling of the person on his left disappared and he became nervous.

"Luhan?" he yelled but got no answer. The others noises completely drowned his words. The worked their way down the stairs away from the heavy smoke.

 

Safely they out of the building, and it seemed that everybody was just fine.

"Are everybody here?" Suho asked and looked around while counting them.

"We´re only ten..." Chen had quickly counted them all and looked completely pale because the number wasn´t right. They needed to be twelve. This couldn´t be happening. Who had they forgot?

"Xiumin is missing!" Kris yelled looking paler than a ghost. He felt his heart break as he had failed as a leader... in the same moment he discovered who the other was, and his long legs couldn´t carry his weight anymore. His knees hit the ground and he couldn´t feel Taos supporting hand on his shoulder or his trembling voice.

"Kris... Kris are you okay?"

The building had fire coming out of some of the windows, and a huge pillar of smoke rose to the heaven colouring it black and brown. The sight almost made Sehun try to ran into the building again as he discovered that his worst fear had come true.

"Luhan is inside!" the youngest yelled.