CHAPTER 24

Please remember again...

 

~ 24 ~

 

„He’s gone, Woo. They said he left a week ago, when you were absent….but they didn’t inform us where.”

It can’t be true. Khun wouldn’t just leave like that. He wasn’t this type of person, he wasn’t a coward.  Maybe he just had an urgent call from home and had to come back for a moment. He couldn’t just leave without telling good bye…could he?

Damn Woo, why you even care? Both of you agreed it’s already over so you are you still so concerned about this guy. He didn’t deserve that – that what you’ve been telling yourself for the past 7 days.

But some part of me…I don’t even have to lie…whole part of me still wanted Nichkhun. If not as a boyfriend then please, at least as a friend. I miss him so much I can’t hide it anymore. I want things to be back as they used to be. I want to hang around with the person who meant the whole world to me, who gave me his company whenever I needed it. I just want…Khun to be back in my life. Those couple of days was like torture to me. I can’t even describe the pain in my body, this annoying emptiness I felt.

I don’t even know how I ended right at Nichkhun house’s door. Though I’ve been here only once, I still remembered the way to get to his house. I had to give it a try. There’s no way he could be gone, even if there must be someone left to look after his home, right?

“Khun, it’s Woo here…” I started knocking the door.

Silence.

“Khun, please, open the door…” I kept on knocking.

Silence.

“Nichkhun! Khun!” I was now hitting this stupid door with hopes and tears he would finally open them.

Still silence.

“Open this damn door, Khun!!!!!!” I was hitting hard with face full of tears. No matter how hard and how long I kept on hitting the door, the silence would still remain. The house was empty. Khun was truly gone…

I was about to go when I remembered something or I’d rather say, someone. There’s still Taec and Victoria. The must know something about Khun. He would tell them at least. If not me, then it must be them.

I was heading back to school to get some information where those two live. Despite the fact that I left in the middle of the day, I think I’ll manage to get them from principal. I’m one of his best students; he must trust me at least a bit.

I think it was my second time in his office. I never had a reason to come here. Only naughty and lazy students were asked to come to his place and I was never one of them. The principal was obviously surprised with my visit since he’s used to see me only on the last day of school when he’s in charge of announcing the honored students. I sat calmly on a seat, preparing myself to ask this awkward question.

“So Wooyoung. What brighs you here all of a sudden?” he asked me first with a cheerful face.

“Ummm…I have a favor to ask” I started shyly.

“Go on.” I think he was ready to listen to me.

“I need the contact address of two students. It’s urgent.”

“Can you give me the reason?” I knew I would pass without it.

“I think they will know what happened to my friend”

“Your friend? You mean…Nichkhun?” I have no idea where did he know that from but I have no time to think about it now.

“Yes”

“I think I told everyone that he left already…”

“Yes but I need to know exactly where.” I had to be straightforward. It was the only way to get any information.

“Wooyoung, I’m sorry but I’m worried that I can’t help you…”

“I just need to talk to Taecyeon or Victoria but they seem to be absent that’s why I’m here”

The principal sighed. I know I was a burden to him but I just couldn’t let it pass so easily. I don’t understand why all of them disappeared so suddenly. What happened to make him leave without even seeing me off? I know our friendship was kinda over but Nichkhun would still come and at least say good bye. He was this kind of person, at least I….I’ve been always thinking he is.

“Victoria and Taecyeon…” he stopped as he was gonna announce something really important now.

“…they’ve also informed me they’d be leaving. All three of them left at the same day.” He ended but the information doesn’t seem to get into my head and brain yet. I stood up and left the room immediately without saying anything back to the principal. I started running like freak but the reason was because I was afraid I’d burst into tears again. I didn’t know where I was heading. Out of a blue, I ended at the place I’ve never thought I would come ever again. I sat on the ground where I and my best friend used to sit and eat our lunch. The roof seemed to be the worst place I could be in at the moment but it was also the place I treasured a lot. I loved spending time here…only because I had a great company. Sitting here alone is painful though, but it definitely lifts my mood.

I sat there for a long time. I was truly exhausted and sick of everything. All I want now is to go home and sleep to forget about all of that what happened today. To wake up in the real world while this one is just another nightmare I have. . .

When the sun set it was finally time to go back. I was walking home with steps heavy like rocks, with mind full of worries. How am I gonna live now? Is there any sense to be in this world anymore? All I know now is that my life has just lost one of its important things – the soul mate.