Chapter 6

Hot and Cold

 

Days have passed since the incident between Taegoon and Hara. She just didn’t put in much attention to it and continued to listen to their lessons. And also, following demands from him which didn’t end up yet. She was somehow wondering when she’ll be out of it.

 

On the other hand, Jaejoong is enjoying teasing Yeonhee because she easily gets irritated. Since they’re seatmates, she didn’t miss a day without him getting her attention on some of his crazy playboy actions.

 

They are in their P.E. class playing basketball. The girls were divided into two groups as well as the boys. The boys were to play first followed by the girls. It was Taegoon’s team against Jaejoong’s team.

 

Hara and Yeonhee are just in the corner watching just like the others.

 

“Hey, why is it they’re in a different group? I thought they’re buddies.” Hara wondered.

 

“Let’s just say they like to challenge each other most of the time.” Donghae suddenly in which made them jump in surprise.

 

“Donghae. Please don’t scare us like that.” Yeonhee requested.

 

“Oh, sorry about that girls.”

 

“Anyways, why are you here? You’re supposed to be joining them.” Hara asked.

 

“Well, I’m just a substitute player for now. I don’t want to interrupt if it’s got to do with those two.”

 

The girls on their sides are already cheering. Some are on Taegoon while others are on Jaejoong. They noticed it and just cheered for everyone who’s playing.

 

“Hey, which side are you really?” Donghae added.

 

“Huh? Is it necessary?” Yeonhee asked him.

 

“Yeah, for me. Well, look at the people here they’re taking sides and I think only the two of you are not.”

 

“Oh, so which side are you?” Hara curiously asked him.

 

“Of course, I’m taking Jaejoong’s side. I’m dead if I don’t.”

 

The two girls just continued on what they were doing earlier and didn’t mind what Donghae said.

 

The game started as their P.E. teacher blows the whistle.

 

Taegoon got the ball first before Jaejoong could. Everybody were cheering and howling even though it’s still the start of the game. Taegoon managed to shoot the ball before the opponent could steal it and it was a 3-point shot. Everybody’s mouth shaped an O.

 

“That was fast.” Hara thought.

 

Now, Jaejoong is handling the ball. It was sort of tough because 3 people are blocking him. Out of the blue, he managed to go through them and dunk the ball in the ring. Everyone was amazed on his move.

 

‘Woah, amazing.’ Yeonhee thought.

 

Minutes have passed and the score was 21-20. In favor of Jaejoong’s team.

 

Taegoon is handling the ball at that time and is ready to shoot. Many were blocking him but he passed through them and dunks the ball. But unexpectedly, Jaejoong blocked him which caused the both of them to hit each other’s forehead. They were both lying on the ground whining in pain while putting their hands on their heads. Their team mates immediately went to them and also their P.E. teacher. The other students also went to them including Hara and Yeonhee.

 

“Oh My God, please be careful next time. Guys, help me here.” Their P.E. teacher said as they helped them sit.

 

As they were sitting on the ground, they looked at each other still having expressions of pain on their faces. Suddenly, they burst out laughing at each other. The students there were surprised especially their P.E. teacher.

 

‘They’re so weird.’ Hara and Yeonhee thought.

 

After that, their classmates assist them to the clinic.

 

The game between the two teams of the girls was still on even though the two boys were in the clinic. Luckily, Yeonhee and Hara are in the same team.

 

Both of them are really not active when it comes to basketball because they mostly play volleyball. But they still know how to dribble and shoot the ball, not just as skilled as Jaejoong and Taegoon.

 

The game started but this time the boys were the ones cheering.

 

--------------------------------------

 

[-Yeonhee’s pov-]

 

Our P.E. teacher had blown the whistle that signals the game to start. Our team had a good start since we had 2 members who were good at basketball. Unluckily, Hara and I aren’t that good in this sport. But we still managed to shoot the ball, hehe.

 

Minutes have passed…

 

19-21, in favor of our opponent’s team.

 

This time, I was handling the ball. A girl from the other team was blocking me and I couldn’t pass the ball to my team mates. She was looking at me angrily. What’s her problem? I didn’t do anything to her… did I?

 

I just passed the ball to my team mate. She managed to have a 3-point shot and the whistle blew.

 

YEHEY!! We won!

 

As we went back to our benches and as I was walking towards a bench to rest, the girl who was blocking me during the game stood in front of me with crossed arms. And she looked at me angrily again.

 

“Hey, b*tch. Don’t you ever get your hands to Jaejoong oppa. An ugly girl like you will just ruin his handsome face. We’re the ones who look together. If you’ll go near him again, you’ll be sorry. He’s mine, understand?”

 

I was pissed on what she said. She’s so full of herself. I looked at her straight into her eyes with my hands on my waist.

 

“You’re very free to have him. Besides, I don’t own him or something.” Then I immediately walked out.

 

I went to one empty bench and wipe my sweats.

 

“Yeonhee, are you alright?” Hara asked as she sat beside me.

 

“Hm, yeah. I’m just tired.”

 

“Oh, is that so? ‘Cause you look like you’re pissed.”

 

She could really know if something is wrong with me.

 

“Someone just went to me and said that Jaejoong is hers. She’s so full of herself and that’s what pisses me off.” I burst out complaining.

 

“Who is she anyway?”

 

“I don’t know her. But she sure looks like a skinny frog to me.”

 

Hara burst out laughing on what I said. Well, it’s true. She really looks like one.

 

“Hmm, are you mad because she’s so full of herself or is there something else?”

 

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Of course there’s nothing else that I would be angry about.” I said assuredly.

 

“Really? Because I think you like him.”

 

“What?! You must be joking. He’s not even my ideal man. Okay, fine. I like him but only as a friend, actually he’s an irritating guy. He always teases me.”

 

“It doesn’t matter you know.”

 

I just rolled my eyes.

 

“Whatever, Hara. I’ll just start to stay away from him. He just makes my peaceful life to be in chaos.”

 

I was about to go when she grabbed my hand.

 

“Can you accompany me to the clinic? The creature ‘Taegoon’ just texted me and won’t give me a break. He’s crazy.”

 

I was holding my laughter when he complained about Taegoon.

 

“Well, well, well. Look who’s talking here. You know it’s not like you to be like this. You always take action on these kinds of situation.” Haha I got my revenge.

 

“I’m just afraid of him, that’s all. You’ll understand if you’re in my situation. Let’s go!”

 

After that, we went to the clinic. Wait a minute, Jaejoong is also there. Hmph! I completely forgot about that. Well, too late. We’re already in front of the clinic and Hara is opening the door slowly like he was peeping on something.

 

[-End of Yeonhee’s pov-]

 

----------------------------------------