Ichigo...Ame...(Strawberry...Rain...)

Akai Ame (Red Rain)

~Donghae’s POV~

 

I ran as fast as I can after I went out of the school building.  My heart was beating so loud that I can’t hear the noises around me.  My mind was focused in only one thing, to see Eunhyuk looking at me with his cheerful gummy smile.  I am so nervous because I know that the moment I caught up with him, everything would change; its either a love that will be unfold and be answered back or everything would end in a broken friendship.  But its now or never.  I’ve waited and waited for eight long years to let him know what I really feel towards him.

 

The rain started to fall.  I rummaged through my bag and get the umbrella I always share with Eunhyuk.  I worriedly look ahead of me, wishing Eunhyuk have his own umbrella with him, or else he’ll be sick because of the rain.

 

“Aish…but Hyukkie’s umbrella is with me…” I mumbled, pertaining to the umbrella I’m holding right now.  I move faster while flood of memories began to pour inside my mind.

 

~Start of Donghae’s Flashback~

 

I looked at the box of the strawberry milk in my hand.  Its my first time to bought that milk with my own allowance because my mom always bought it for me.  I walked down the road and passed by at my favorite park.

 

“Coward!!”

 

My attention was caught by loud laughter inside the park.  I hide at the large tree near the slide and peek carefully on the direction where the laughter came from.  I saw a group of kids same age as me bullying a thin, white-skinned boy who was not familiar to me.  I recognized the kids harassing the boy.  They were Heechul, Kangin, Siwon and Kyuhyun, Their group always bully children around the neighborhood.

 

“Give me your money!”  Heechul grabbed the boy’s collar.  The boy get his wallet inside his pants’ pocket and gave it to Heechul with his trembling hand.  Siwon, Kangin and Kyuhyun burst out to laughter after seeing his strawberry-shaped wallet.

 

Heechul pushed him hard into the ground and laughed with his friends.  He pull all the money out of the boy’s wallet and throw the wallet right into the boy’s face.

“No wonder you’re coward!  It’s a shame we have a gay kid in the neighborhood.”  Heechul said evilly and walked away with his gang.

 

“Gay!!Strawberry gay!!” Kangin sang before leaving.

 

 

I waited for Heechul’s group to leave then I went out from hiding in the tree.  The boy already stands up from the ground where Heechul pushed him.  His hands have bruises and the corner of his lips was bleeding.  I looked into his face and saw his tears slowly trickling down from his eyes.  I don’t know why but I feel the sudden rush of pain inside me seeing that stranger boy crying.  I just realized my feet were moving towards him.  I saw him flinched when he heard the sound of my footsteps.  He slowly ove his head on my direction and met my gaze with his sad eyes.  He stepped backward with his trembling body.  I guess he thought that I will bully him too, like what Heechul and his group did to him.

 

“Hey, don’t be scared.  I won’t hurt you…” I said while I draw nearer to him.  “Here…”  I outstretched my right hand holding the box of strawberry milk.

 

He gave me a doubtful look while wiping the tears on his eyes.  I smiled at him to let him know I’m a friend.  I walked closer to him.  I reached his hand and put the box of strawberry milk on it.

 

“T-thank you…”  It’s the first time I heard his voice and I can’t explain why my heart felt like jumping out of my chest.  I saw how his face lightened up when he looked at the milk on his hand.

 

I noticed his wallet lying on the ground.  I picked it up and smiled.  “So cute…”  I said.

 

“Y-you find it cute…unlike those kids…”  A smile formed on his lips showing his gums.  I handed him his wallet.

 

“I’m Lee Donghae!”  I said.

 

“Nice meeting you.  I’m Lee Eunhyuk!  My family just moved here this morning.”

 

“Eunhyuk…Eunhyuk…” I repeated his name few times.  “Eunhyukkie…Eunhyukkie…hey, can I call you “Hyukkie”?”

 

I saw his eyes sparks with his excitement after hearing the word “Hyukkie”.  He nodded.  We both looked up when drops of water started falling, wetting our face.

“Aish…its raining again!”  I said and get my umbrella inside my bag.  I opened it and dragged him inside it because he just looked at me without moving.

 

I smiled at him.  “Nice meeting you, Hyukkie…”

 

~End of Flashback~

 

 

I smiled with the thoughts of my first encounter with him.  Since then, we became good friends.  His house was just three blocks away from mine.  He enrolled in my school and we became classmates.  And we became inseparable…

 

The rain falls harder when I reached the old park where we first met.  Children don’t go there anymore because of the new park on the next street.  I don’t know why my feet lead me to that place.  I looked around and saw the person who occupies the largest part of my heart and brain.  He was sitting at the wooden bench, soaking wet.  His head was facing the ground and his shoulder was rocking out.  My Hyukjae was crying.  I tightly gripped the handle of the umbrella in my hand and started approaching his direction without him noticing me.

 

“Hyukkie…”  I called him.

 

He didn’t seem to hear me so I called him again with a louder voice.

 

“Hyukkie…”

 

He just shook his head but never looked at me.  Is he really mad at me?  I tried once again, convincing myself that Eunhyuk just don’t hear me because of the rain.

 

“Hyukkie…”

 

He then looked up and….

 

 

~yatta!!!my supposed-to-be one-shot have a chapter two already...Omo!!!Im not really good at one-shot that's why it always end up having lots of chapters...

But still, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.  Much love to Donghae~~~

~Teaser~

(Eunhyuk) I looked up and...

(Donghae)  He then looked up and...

(Eunhyuk)  What should I do?  He's staring at me with those eyes that I love the most.  My heart was beating like crazy...

(Donghae)  Am I trembling because of the coldness of the rain?  Or is it because his eyes makes me tremble with so much happiness...I know he's for me.  Only for me..

 

~Omo..I'll stop now..enough for that!!

See you next chapter...maybe it would be the third and final chapter of this story...thanks for dropping by!!

Comments are much loved here!!!