Me, You and the Rain

Akai Ame (Red Rain)

 

~Eunhyuk's POV~

My heart was aching a lot and I felt like fainting.  There I was, standing behind the door of the classroom, watching my classmate and best friend for eight years hugging my cousin in the middle of the hallway.  I should be happy for them, right?  But why do I feel the opposite?  Why do I feel something was lost inside me?

I walked to my seat and grabbed my bag.  I wanted to leave this place as soon as possible.  I just wanted to escape from the sight of the reality that was repeatedly slapping my face.  I used the backdoor of the room and tried not to make any noise for Donghae and Nanami might see me on this condition.  I walked out of the room quietly.  I blinked my eyes twice, trying to control my tears from falling while I silently walked on the corridor.

“Hyukkie…”

I froze into my feet upon hearing his voice, calling me by the nickname he gave me the first time we met.  He is the only one who called me by that nickname, for it was his request and also I don’t want another person call me “Hyukkie” other than him.

“Hyukkie…” Donghae again called me while his voice draws nearer.  I gulped then inhaled for more air.  I should calm myself.  I could not afford Donghae to see the pain in my eyes, to let him see that I was hurting deep down inside.  I formed my famous gummy smile then I turned around to face him, only to feel the pain twice while watching him walked towards me with Nanami.

“Eunhyuk oppa, are you okay?  You looked bothered…” Nanami said and touched my face by her right hand.  I flinched and tried to avoid my cousin’s hand.

“I’m okay…” I said while my eyes were on Donghae, who was looking back at me with his worried eyes.

Nanami is my half-Korean half-Japanese cousin who transferred in our school three months ago as an exchange student from Japan.  She was living in our house with me and my family.  She was very kind and straight girl.  Nanami confesses to me after she saw Donghae three months ago that she really like my bestfriend and she’ll do everything to make Donghae her boyfriend.  I pretended that I was not affected by her confession and even supported her.  I also promised her to help her win Donghae’s heart.  But now, seeing her with him feels like hell.  But what can I do?  I just wanted to see my best friend and cousin happy even my heart was breaking apart.  Donghae is now not for my eyes only.

“Wake up, Eunhyuk.  Did you forgot that you and Donghae were only best friend!  Loving him is not right, so you better control your heart and just be happy for him!”  My mind keeps on butting in, screaming right into my face the reality I keep on running at.

“You sure?”  Nanami’s worried voice cut off what I am thinking.

I nodded and smiled at her.

“I’ll be going home first.  I remember I have some important things to do at home.  Donghae, please take care of Nanami and bring her home safely, okay!”  I said and hurriedly left.

 

~Donghae’s POV~

“Donghae, please take care of Nanami and bring her home safely, okay!”  Eunhyuk said and hurriedly left.

I could tell that there was something wrong with Eunhyuk from the look on his face.  Also, he called me “Donghae”, not “Hae”, and it bothers me a lot.  I wanted to run after him, but what would happen next the moment I caught up with him?  It looks like he wanted to be alone?  Is he mad at me?  I wonder what I have done wrong for him to act like that.  This morning, he just told me that they’ll be going together to the convenience store after our class to buy his favorite strawberry milk.

I looked at Nanami who was still standing beside me.  She was staring at the direction where Eunhyuk run to a few seconds ago.  She smirked then looked up to me.

“What are you still doing here?  Shouldn’t you go and run after him?  She smiled at me.  “After you rejected me a while ago, don’t let the heart that I love being rejected by the one whom it really beats for…”

I could tell that there was a glit of sadness on Nanami’s voice.  She confessed to me few minutes ago but I told her what I really felt for her.  Just pure friendship, nothing more, nothing less.  She cried in front of me and all I can do was to hugged her, not to give her hopes for US but just to console her.  I know that Nanami understand me, and it gives me relief.

Nanami gave a light pushed on my back.  “Go now, or you’ll regret it.  I know Eunhyuk very well.  Hmm, I guess he thought that there was something going on between us.  And as oppa’s best friend, I know that you could feel his pain right now.” She said to me.

My heart beats fast when I heard what Nanami had just said.  My mind and heart now was battling over on what should I do on that moment.  Should I run after him and tell him what he’s hiding for eight years now or should he stay and let Eunhyuk walked alone for the first time since they met?  I inhaled and exhaled and looked at Nanami who was giving me a smile of assurance.

“Thank you…” I mouthed and started tracking down Eunhyuk’s direction.  The sky outside was so dark.  It looks like rain was going to fall anytime now.  Almost all of the students left the school for home.

“Wait for me, Hyukkie…” I mumbled as I hurriedly went outside the building.

~Eunhyuk’s POV~

I lied when I told Donghae and Nanami that I'll be going home already.  It’s just that I need to run away from them because it keeps hurting me. I walked outside the main gate of the school and let my feet bring me where it wanted to go.  I just feel so lost that I didn’t notice that the rain was starting to fall hard.  But I couldn’t care at all.  The water that was running down all over my body was so cold I started trembling.  If only Donghae was here with me.  He was the one who brings umbrella for both of us.  He was the one more worried about my health than myself.  He was the one who never forgets my birthday and always makes me smile by his surprises.  He was the one who called me every morning to wake me up for me not to be late for school.  He was the one who…

I bumped into a very tall guy with a black umbrella.  He looks at me with a disgusted face and pushed me hard on the ground.  “Watched your steps, idiot!” He said and left me.  I stand up and started walking again.  My tears started to fall hard like the rain from above.  I just realized I reached the place where me and Donghae always go: the park where we first met.  I smiled bitterly and sat on the wooden bench near the broken slide.  I wonder where’s Donghae and Nanami right now…

“Hyukkie…”

I’m getting insane now.  I am hallucinating that I could hear Donghae’s voice calling me.

“Hyukkie…”

I shook my head and tried to throw all my wildest thoughts about hearing him.

“Hyukkie…”

I looked up and……….

 

~~~omo...this was supposed to be just one-shot!!!!damned this hand of mine...kekeke...