36...thirty six

Behind The Devil's Mask

It’s late at night when your part time job was over . You waved everybody in the café goodbye before walking out of the café . You gently closed the door and walked out . You took a few steps ahead then stopped . You looked around , making sure it’s safe . You took a deep breath and pick up your feet . Just then , somebody caught your waist . You instantly turned around , making you drop your guitar case . You instinctively shout in fear , but the guy covered your mouth preventing you from screaming . It’s Suho . You let out a breath in relieved and lightly hit his arm . He laughed as you kept on hitting him . He leaned down and picked up your guitar case handing it to you . You accepted it and turned around , frowning . He laughed and grabbed your wrist . You looked at him as he pulled you . You stayed in silent .

“Let me take you home , you’re crazy if you want to walk home alone” You had no answer. You knew that there was no way that you’ll be able to walk alone in the middle of the night back to the mansion . You sighed as he open the door of his car . You smiled and stepped into the car , he sat beside you . You leaned back and looked out through the window . All you could think about is Kris’s word. You wanted to think he was lying , but no matter what you think . You knew he wasn’t lying , his personality has always been like that . And no matter what you do , he was never going to change .Suho rubbed your arms , pulling out from your daze . You replied him back with a gentle soft smile , telling him you’re okay . When obviously you’re not okay . You looked out again and sighed .

The car stopped but before you could step out of the car . Suho grabbed your wrist preventing you from going out , you looked at him who was smiling . He let go and laughed .

“Let me be a gentleman for once” You laughed with him and nodded . He stepped out of the car and ran to your side of door , like a gentleman he open the door for making you laugh at the way he acted . He even did a small bow , acting all gentleman classy . You stepped out of the car and did a lady-like bow to him . He closed the door and turned to look at you .

“Thanks” You muttered . he nodded silently and smiled . You kept on looking at his gentle eyes . He smiled warmly and looked deeply into your eyes , giving you a warm gaze . You smiled softly to him.

Why can’t I fall in love with you, you thought . You looked down as his hands moved on it’s own . His hand softly placed on your cheek , your face with his soft hand . His fingers below your eyes making you look at his eyes . His smile was gone , but still managed to put that soft expression on his face . You stood silent as his face start leaning closer to your face . You didn’t lean back  , knowing he’ll do it anyway . Your face was inches from his , slowly and softly he leaned closer to your face . Placing his lips on your soft tender lips . You closed your eyes , hoping you’ll drown in this moment . You wanted to kiss him back , but you couldn’t move . It’s like you didn’t want to kiss him back . There was no heart pounding or shivers to your spine . It was like nothing happened . He softly pulled his face back looking at your beautiful features .

“I’ll wait “ He whispered , you open your eyes and smiled at him . It wasn’t your first kiss . He let go of your face and smiled to you . You had no choice and smiled back to him . You bit your lip as you turned around walking to the mansion . He kept on watching your back going further and further away from him . Disappearing from his sight and into the mansion . You didn’t look back ,knowing even if you did your feelings won’t change . The mansion door slowly closed. Suho sighed and step back into the car , driving away from the mansion .

You slowly walked into the dark and silent mansion . Every step felt heavy , as you walked closer and closer to your room . But just then you heard a door being open and closed . You slowly looked up . Kris was there , standing and looking at you from the upper edge of the stairs . You took a deep breath and walked up the stairs , ignoring his presence . He watched you in silent as you passed by him . He closed his eyes and threw away all his pride and ego that’s been stopping you . Inhaling a deep breath before opening his mouth . He opened his eyes and gulped .

“Jang Jihyun , I like you” You immediately stop and froze . You took a moment to take in all his words before slowly turning around looking at his back . Your eyes widened and you bit your lip . Every word sounded like a lie to you even if he was honest . You took a deep breath and stood there , looking at him .

“What did you say ?” You muttered . he immediately turned around facing you with his serious yet soft expression. You looked at his eyes , he wasn’t lying .

“I like you” He exclaimed . Your heart skips a beat as he repeated his words . The words just kept on flying around in your head , making you hard to believe it . You looked at his face , thinking he would take back those words and tell you he was lying , again . But nothing happened , he looked at you while trying to soften his expression . You blinked a couple of time trying to process all his words .

He stood there looking at you , hoping for your answer . But you gave him nothing , you just blankly look at him . Still feeling confused . He clenched his fist tight while waiting for your answer . Your body  won’t move no matter what you thought . Your mouth just won’t say a word . You just froze . You looked down and smiled . Pulling him out of his daze . You took a step closer to him , his heart raced as you became closer to him . You let out a laugh , leaving him dumbfounded . You lighly hit his arm and laughed .

“Your joke didn’t work this time” You smiled , but his expression didn’t change . You wave your hand infront of his face and looked at him blankly . Finally he snapped out from his daze , you smiled .

“See you tomorrow , I’m tired . Go to sleep “ You lightly pushed him then walked into your room , leaving him frozen in the moment . You softly closed the door and let out a sigh . You walked to your bed and placed your guitar case on the bed . You closed your eyes and fell down to the floor , holding your hurting chest . Your body felt heavy as your tears rolled down your cheeks , you gulped a couple times . Trying not to make a sound . Even if your eyes won’t stop tearing up . Your hand covered your mouth .

You wanted to say that you liked him back , but you were too afraid . Afraid that he was just joking around and ended up hurting you again . You were afraid to be hurt again . Guilt spread across your body as every tear that came out of your eyes felt heavy . Your heart dropped as you heard a door being slammed , it was Kris . You leaned on the bed and closed your eyes . Pretending like nothing happened . You took deep breaths trying to calm your feelings , even if it was no use . No matter what you did nothing changed in you . You became scared , scared of Kris . Of his reaction . You bit your lip as Kris appeared in your mind , his words kept on repeating in your head . You closed your eyes again , trying eagerly to make him disappear from your mind . But it’s no use . Your body start trembling n and everything felt cold again . You leaned your head on the bed and looked up to the ceiling , searching for nothing .

“I’m sorry Kris” You mumbled . Closing your eyes , drowning in your tears .

Kris walked furiously into his room , slamming everything in his way . He walked to his desk and slammed his fist onto it . He turned his face and looked into a mirror . He slowly walked to the mirror , watching his expression on the reflection of him in the mirror . Something caught his eyes . A tear rolled down on his cheek . He furiously slammed his fist into the mirror , breaking it into pieces . His fingers were bleeding . But the pain on his hand was no match to the pain in his heart . He fell down on his knees , with tears rolling down . He grabbed the chair , for  support of his body . He was breathing rapidly , his feelings were a mess . He was angry , angry at himself . Angry for being a coward . But he’s also disappointed . Disappointed at you and your answer , but a part of him slammed himself . Disappointed in himself . He hurt you , and he knew that . He closed his eyes , stopping his tears .

“What have I done” he mumbled to himself , angry , furious , disappointed , at himself . Feeling awful for hurting you .


an update to all my beloved subscribers . tell me what you think about it okay ?

subscribe + comment = love & updates