Passionate Poems

The Secret World (Spheres One-shot Collection)

Author’s Note —►[Genderbender]

Shikshin24 is back. Who remembers me? Yeah, I'm back guys. I know, I know...I've never written anything about my SNSD OTP for a very loooooooong time and I don't know. I want to write but I'm afraid I can't finish it since I have a lot of priorities now. So I hope you enjoy this one.

P/S: This will be a Multi-shot


 

Love is complicated. That’s how I see it. Especially when you love someone you know you can’t have. It’s very frustrating, don’t you think? By the way, I’m Choi Sooyoung. A hopeless romantic myself, can’t even say hi to the girl I’ve been crushing on for the past 2 years. Long enough? Yeah, I thought so. I’m such a loser. But what can I do? It’s like I’m losing half of my brain every time she looks at me. Like literally. I banged my forehead on the library’s table and a soft groan escaped my mouth.

“I’m going crazy.” I mumbled to myself.

“Yeah, I think so too.” A sudden voice appeared beside me.

I jumped on my seat, startled by Yoona’s appearance. She’s already sitting beside me, reading a book.

“How long have you’ve been there?” I asked.

“Approximately 20 minutes ago.” She answered with eyes never left the page of the book entitled ‘Love will make a fool out of you’.

“How come I didn’t notice?”

“Because you were dazing off.” Yoona sighed, closing the book she borrowed. She finally turned, looking straightly into my eyes.

“Oppa, are you ok?” She frowned.

I blinked, not knowing why she was asking me this sudden question. I eventually nodded my head and she purses her lips together.

“Why ask?”

“Nothing. Maybe because I’m starting to think that you’re one of those people that this book’s trying to illustrate.” Yoona smiled, proudly showing me the book cover.

Love will make a fool out of you

I huffed some air, leaning on the chair. I pushed my glasses up to the tip of my bridge. Maybe she’s right—the book I mean. I noticed how she observes the look in my face.

“You still like that Jessica, huh?” She giggled when I almost fell off of my chair.

“Yoong…” I whined.

Yes, you heard read it right everyone. That gorgeous name reveals my forever crush. Jessica Jung, a senior that everybody adores. She’s a year older than me but who cares? I don’t even care myself. As long as I know that she’s perfectly made from heavens above…all I could think about is her.

“So guess I’m right.” She turned her attention back to her book.

“Why don’t you court her or something?” She added.

“Are you kidding?! How can I make her notice me when she has tons of admirers out there? I can’t even properly say hi when I have the chance!”

“Mr. Choi!” I sharp hiss beside me made me flinch.

I tilt my head and saw the librarian glaring at me. I lowly bowed my head, sending a peace sign to her. She sent me the look that says ‘I’m-watching-you’ before continuing her work. I sighed in relief and then turned back my attention to Yoona.

“Seriously Yoong…it’s a bad idea.”

“Why would it be? I mean, it’s time to make a move oppa. She’ll graduate first and when that happens…your chance will start running away from you.” Yoona seriously said.

I was dumbfounded. Honestly, she got a point there. It won’t hurt to try…or will it? Gah! I should really stop this battle in my head.

“What should I do?” I asked, looking in her eyes.

No joke, I saw a smile crept in her lips. Yoona can be really nice—helping others with their problems…including me.

“Like I said, court her.” Yoona said, moving her chair close and faced me.

“But how?” I scratched the back of my head. I really don’t know anything about these things.

“Follow your instincts.” She said, shrugging.

“Instincts? What am I? A dog?!”

“Mr. Choi!” I flinched when the librarian called my attention once again.

I mouthed her ‘I’m sorry’ and she glared before getting back to her work. I glared at Yoona who hardly stopped herself from escaping a small, soft laugh.

“Very funny.” I said with sarcasm.

“Sorry.” She gave me that innocent smile again. “But really…follow what you feel like doing. I’m girl oppa. I’m never gonna do those things you boys are doing.”

“I know but I’m sure you know what girls likes and interest.”

“Girls do have different interest’s oppa.”

“Yoonaaa…” I whined. I’m very positive that she’s teasing me.

Before she could say anything, we turned our heads when the sudden sound of the opening door caught our attention. My heart stopped beating for a moment…and I thought I was dead already but gladly, I was not…yet. My heart began to throb faster than ever before as I laid my eyes to the girl of my dreams. Jessica Jung, a goddess that made me so confused. She entered the library with her best friend, Tiffany, who used to be one of my close friends when we were in kindergarten. I barely think she still remembers me.

They took a seat on the other side of the table, just across where I and Yoona are sitting. I immediately looked away when Jessica turned her eyes on me. Did she catch me staring? Oh wow! Nice one Choi. Now she’ll definitely think that I am a creep.

“Don’t worry oppa, you’re safe.” Yoona softly said.

“Are you reading my thoughts or something?”

“Ani. You’re just too obvious. We’ve been friend for a very long time…of course I know every gesture you do.” She shrugged.

I glanced once more at Jessica’s direction before turning to Yoona.

“Yoong…help me?”

“No. Help me help you oppa.” She said that made me twitched my brows.

“What do you mean?” I think I’m getting a bit slow here.

Yoona then slowly bring her hands to my face that made me closed my eyes. I felt her fingers tugged on my glasses and she pulled them off. I opened them slowly, blinking as I adjust my sight.

“Like as I thought…you’re handsome Sooyoung oppa.” Yoona smiled that made me blush.

Me? Handsome?

She then let her fingers brushed through my hair, messing it a little bit and here and there. I really don’t have an idea what she’s doing right now but I won’t argue. Girls can be so tricky sometimes.

“There!” She happily clasped her hands together, looking at me with those sparkling doe-eyes of her.

“What?”

“You look more handsome than ever! Why are you hiding behind that plain nerdy look of yours? Not that you look bad but this is even better!” She squealed.

The next thing we know is that we were thrown out, outside the library. We both sighed simultaneously. We turned to look at each other and she was pouting at me.

“I think we need a place where we can plan without getting outcast.” I chuckled, putting back my glassed on.

Yoona giggled and nodded. I smiled back and we walked together, to find somewhere else to stay before our class starts again. I glanced over my shoulder for the last time, greeted by the closed door of the library. Jessica Jung…I hope you won’t close your heart too just like what the library did to me. I’ll try, and I hope you too. Let me enter your heart even for once.

 

*          *          *

 

Drums. The nonstop beating of pencils on the wooden table brought me back to reality. I turned to the person with a frown.

“Hyo, I can’t concentrate.”

“Sorry bro.” He grinned, giving me a peace sign.

Kim Hyoyeon, my best friend who is full of jokes that never failed to make me laugh—well everybody laughs at his humor. We’re both members of the arts society and we’re currently staying in the industrial arts. I exasperatedly sighed, staring at the blank paper for over 10 minutes already. I tapped my pencil on my forehead, trying to think of something to write on it. Why is it my brain's not working when the truth is, I’m part of the literary club too! Ugh, I hate myself.

“Dude, chill. You got a lot of time to think about the words for your Jessica.” Hyoyeon said, giving me a shove on my shoulder.

“Yeah. And I’ve been wasting a lot of time too just for a letter which I usually write for a minute. Gah! I feel so useless at the moment.”

I’m so frustrated right now. I buried my head over my arms that are resting on my own desk. Why can’t I write something for the girl I’m crushing on when I won a lot of literary pieces already? Just a piece of letter Choi Sooyoung! It’s not that hard than writing a poem.

 

Poems

 

I sat up straight when an idea struck my helpless brain. That’s right! Maybe I can express it through poems. I smiled to myself that I didn’t even notice Hyoyeon, throwing me a disgusted look. I felt a hard smack on my head that made me groan in pain.

“Yah! What’s that for?!” I glared at him who only laughed.

“You look like an idiot. I didn’t know Jessica can do that to you.” He chuckled, leaving me speechless.

I slowly rubbed my head and looked away. Aish, I’m getting myself embarrassed. C’mon Soo, get a grip of yourself.