CONFESSION AND REJECTION

THE BRIDGE IS THE OWNER

 

DARA’S POV

 

… What?

"I really like you Dara-noona."

As far as she remembers, it hadn't been the worst sort of confession to receive. Dara had endured the force of many for how many years. Taeyang had once been one of those boys to her.

But that had been during trainee years when they were all looking to be better than that. Dara had set out to prove herself the artist from Philippines's struggling idol wannabe would ever come across and to young Youngbae too had had a point to prove.

The two of them had begun from the bottom atleast, determined to scrape whatever they could to grow towards their goals.

 

"You're the best Dara."

Should she be flattered, amused, thankful, irritated, indifferent?

It was the same string of undertones that always got to her, least of all in the way Taeyang intended.

'That poor, sweet boy', Bommie would have dubbed him with a shake of her head and a toothy, secretive smile

 

There had been plenty of time, plenty of the same blushing questions to contend with for her to construe the perfect reply.

"Um, Youngbae…"

And all she could come up with was an adjunct.

"Youngbae, about what you meant after…"

He looked at her that same way, caught between hope and a sigh.

They were walking the last few few steps to the recording room where Dara was going. She ‘borrowed’ Youngbae from his lunchmates not just to walk her to the recording room but to have a talk intended to apologize for her mischief. It turned out to be some confessions wracking to Youngbae.

She don't know where she got the all the guts and strength to face Taeyang to apologize after what she did but turned for a kwon reason, he immediately forgive her. 

 

But this was always the worst part for him. Surely, Youngbae could have seen this coming, what with the history they shared. Was he this much of a masochist?

Dara sighed. Here it goes again…

"I still thank you for all the things you did to me.”

"Of course. You're awesome and you should know it."

"Yeah," Her stomach clenched in guilt. "I'm glad you think so. More than glad, actually. You mean a lot to me as a friend, Youngbae. I think you're pretty awesome yourself."

"So, is this when you're supposed to tell me that that's why I can't be more than just a 'friend'?" To his credit, he was smiling. Sadly, knowingly, but it was still a nice smile. "Man, I always thought I'd get used to hearing that…"

Ouch.

"Trust me, you won't be hearing it for too long. There must be girls lining halfway round the block just to get you to know their names. Give them a chance, for a change. IU isn’t bad. She’s really kind and pretty."

Youngbae scratched the back of his head, his cheeks staining pink. "Gee, I don't know. Ten times being dumped by you is a hard number to live down."

"Last time I checked, I’m just the only one you ever confessed with. Right?"

"Yeah, because you're one in a million."

"So's the next girl."

"Woah, you're pushing it, huh?"

"If that's what it is." She allowed herself a chuckle.

Youngbae deserved a lot more credit than she gave him. He'd really learnt to take things in stride, regardless of how many dead ends he seemed to meet in the romance department.

She'd like to see that. "Besides, what's to lose?"

"I know Youngbae, you'll find a way. You always do." She continued.

He stopped in his tracks on realizing that she meant it. "… You think so?"

Dara frowned. "Of course. I know so."

"… Seriously?"

"Youngbae, at a young age you have proven yourself your success, you are kind, passionate, cute, y…(while staring at his arms) you have the rest to be proud of. You should be."

"Yeah, I guess." The blush on his face grew deeper into a vivid red.

"You don't need a girl to make you feel on top of the world when you're already this close to having it at your feet."

"True, but...It's not that I'm not happy with what I have. It'd just… be nice to have that something… someone extra. Just to complete it? You know, someone I could share that with, someone who could be happy for me too. And maybe I could be the one to make them happy if they wanted…"

She did know. As far as she could remember, she had hardly seen a tough-talking smile that often off-practice. Or even laugh out loud. A token smirk just wasn't the same.

"You'll meet someone, Youngbae. It'd be hard not to with an attitude like that."

"Maybe I already have?" He added hopefully. She shook her head, grinning it off.

"Being your friend adds to my happiness. You need to find someone who'll guarantee that you can live even without that."

A horror-struck expression hit him so hard his jaw dropped and she choked on her laughter. "Seriously, Dara? I'd never date a girl who'd make me give you up as a friend."

"Well, maybe not that extreme. But it'd be someone who'd love you enough to not have you make that choice."

"Dara-noona?"

She awoke to find that they had reached the door to the recording room. The 'poor, sweet boy' wasn't without a trace of that smile she'd seen before, with a trace of thoughtfulness curling the lips in their corners.

"See ya around? You've sure given me a lot to think about."

"Don't I always? See you soon, And thanks again!"

She waved to him as he turned his back returning to way to the cafeteria.

 

 

SEUNGRI’S POV

Youngbae-hyung didn’t come back to lunch after Dara-noona called him and have some talk.

Maybe, Dara-noona confessed that it was his fault and he told her to do so. And his hyung is now planning for a revenge for him. Tomorrow after practice, maybe. He’ll be so dead.

Scolding or more than that.

 

He’s not afraid anyway.  Youngbae-hyung isn’t as bad as their leader Gdragon who would beat him up by scolding when he’s mad or TOPhyung whose stares enough will kill you.

He’s now at his room lingering on thoughts that will soon fade away.

He was about to go to bed and rest his wary soul for the day when he hears his phone ring.

He steps back following footsteps along the track to the table where he left his phone.

Thumping of his heart follows when he saw the name flash on the screen of his phone.

Sms received: Dara

Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-01-21%2Bat%2B2.02.1

For some reasons to him..a grin on his drew as he reads the sms.

 

            Panda? You still awake? Aaa, Youngbae confessed again that he likes me. And again, for me. I rejected it. (T0T) Well, that’s all. Let’s talk asap. Dwaejikkum kku-se-yo! (Goodnight and sweet dreams) Ppyong!

 

 

 

 

sorry for the short update.. school's coming up.

try to update later. and also to my other stories :)

kyaaa! fighting! cold morning to all! :)

inspired from: Slight chance of rain ahead.