Part 1

Why It Never Worked

Kwangmin’s POV

 

I seriously have no idea why my past relationships never worked. So far, I had eight girlfriends in the 17 years of my life. I’m not a playboy and I genuinely liked each of the girls that I dated. It’s just that I can’t seem to feel the happiness that I had expected to feel when I’m in a relationship. It’s kind of frustrating how I can be easily attracted to someone and yet find it difficult to make a relationship last. The longest that I was able to keep lasted for only two months…TWO MONTHS! Anyway, I shall not dwell on this problem for now and just focus on our rehearsal.

 

“Yo Kwangmin!”

 

“Oh, Jungmin-hyung.”

 

Jungmin-hyung sat beside me as we rest for a while inside the dance studio. The other members were still practicing a little on some particular steps.

 

“Are you going on a date with Naeun later?” hyung asked as he took a sip on his bottled water.

 

“Ah…I think I forgot to tell you that we broke up two days ago…”

 

Hyung choked on his water, “WHAT?! You broke up again?!”

 

Now all the members turned their attention to hyung’s sudden outburst. I saw Youngmin shook his head a little before resuming to his practice. He was the first to know that I broke up with Naeun. Well, he’s always the first one to know when I broke up with someone.

 

I scratched a non-existent itch on my nape and answered hyung, “Well…you know, the same reason as always. What I thought I felt was love was actually just a temporary attraction. She wasn’t mad though and said she totally understood my explanation.”

 

Hyung smiled a little and ruffled my hair, “Don’t worry. You’ll find real love soon. Heck, you’re still young!”

 

I chuckled, “I know hyung, I know. Let’s get back to practice.”

 

After the rehearsals, the other members decided to eat dinner outside. Youngmin excused himself by saying he was tired and sleepy.

 

“How about you Kwangmin?” Donghyun-hyung asked. “Are you coming with us?”

 

I looked at Youngmin and he seems to be half-asleep already. I laughed inside at my twin’s adorableness.

 

“I think I’m going back to dorm too,” I answered.

 

“Aww~ what a sweet brother~ looking out for his twin~” Hyunsung-hyung cooed and everybody followed him. I’m thankful that my brother is still half-asleep in his position and was oblivious to his surrounding or else I’ll die of embarrassment.

 

“Shut up, I’m tired too!”

 

“Whatever~,” Hyunsung-hyung continued teasing.

 

Finally we arrived at the dorm and Youngmin went straight to his bed. I wanted to let him rest but I really want someone to talk to. Why do I have such a sleepy twin? I sat on his bed and observed his sleeping face for a while. He really looks adorable sleeping peacefully like this. I’m really glad that he looked more feminine than I am.

 

“Youngmin….Youngmin are you awake?” I shook him a little.

 

He groaned and frowned, “Are you stupid? Can’t you see I’m sleeping?”

 

“But I want to talk to you~”

 

“You should have went with the other members and find someone to talk to!” he whined with his eyes still shut tight.

 

He was right. I really don’t know why I chose to go home with Youngmin when I’m not even tired. Maybe I just got lazy.

 

“It’s already too late to say that. Youngmin~ wake up~”

 

He suddenly sat upright and glared at me, “Jo Kwangmin!”

 

“Yayy~ you’re awake~,” I clapped.

 

“What do you want?! Say it quickly so I can get back to sleep!”

 

He scooted a little and gave space for me so we can sit parallel to each other.

 

“I really don’t know what to talk about…”

 

“You woke me up and you have nothing to say?! I’m going back to sleep!”

 

Before he can lie down again I quickly came up with something, “It’s about Naeun!...my past girlfriends, rather.” Well, that caught his attention.

 

“What about them?”

“I really want to know why I can’t seem make a relationship last long with any of them. I really liked them and I felt in-love during the first few weeks and then the feeling fades after a while. I feel like a bad person…”

 

“Kwangmin…it’s not your fault for losing that feeling. I know that you never wanted to hurt any of them. However, you’re stupid for easily indulging yourself with your attraction and involving yourself in relationships which you never gave a second to think about first.”

 

“I’m not stupid! I just wanted to…follow my heart?”

 

“And where did it lead you? I just wanted to say that you should think about it thoroughly first. Think about the hearts you broke for goodness’ sake!”

 

“Hey…don’t be so worked out about it,” I laughed a little trying to lift up the mood.

 

Youngmin sighed. Why does my twin look more mature when he’s only six minutes older than I am?

 

“I don’t really see why you’re such in a hurry to be in a relationship. We’re still young and there are lots of girls out there. Maybe you should stop for a while and give time for yourself and for…other people around you.”

 

His voice was getting lower and he wasn’t looking at me anymore. Maybe he’s really tired?

 

“Alright hyung, thank you for your advice! I think you should rest now.”

 

“Thank goodness!”                     

 

We’re all free of any schedules the next day. In a rare blessed occasion like this, I would usually call my girlfriend and spend time with her. And since I’m single right now, I don’t have anyone to do that with. However, I have a nice plan for today!

 

“Youngmin~~~!! wake up~~~!!” I shook him and woke him up just like how I did last night.

 

“We have no schedule today Kwangmin, let me sleep!”

 

I kept on bugging him but nothing worked. He just went back to sleep this lazy creature!

 

“Trying to wake him up?” Minwoo asked as he stood by the doorway watching us. He then walked towards Youngmin’s bed and shook him a little too.

 

“Youngminie-hyung~ wake up~” he said softly. I scoffed inside. Huh! As if that will work!

 

To my surprise, Youngmin opened his sleepy eyes slowly!

 

“Minwoo? What time is it?”

“It’s 9AM hyung.”

 

Minwoo flashed a smile to me as Youngmin sat and rubbed his eyes slowly (this slow creature!).

 

“H-How did you do that?!” I asked incredibly to my dongsaeng.

 

“Don’t be jealous hyung. I’m sure you’ll learn it too.”

 

“Who’s jealous?!”

 

But before I can bug the hell of out Minwoo to explain what he said, he stormed out of the room.

 

“Kwangmin, what’s your problem again?”

 

My thoughts of running after Minwoo were gone as soon as I hear my twin spoke. I hopped on the bed and faced him with a huge grin on my face.

 

“Good morning Youngmin~!”

 

“Ugh Kwangmin, what do you want?”

 

“I had really thought about what you had told me last night…especially the part where you told me to spend some time with other people.”

 

“So?”

 

“I want to take you out on a date!”

 

Youngmin gave a deadpanned expression while I was trying to hold my huge smile as long as I can.

 

“Jo Kwangmin, have you gone officially insane?”

 

“Of course not! I just want to spend some time with you! We don’t get to play anymore just like when we were little. And besides it’s just one day Youngmin, please~”

 

“Fine Kwangmin, FINE!”

 

“Yes!” I hugged Youngmin then got out of bed. “Be ready in 10 minutes, we’re going to need the whole day to play!”

 

As expected, 10 minutes turned out to be an hour of preparation for my slow twin. I didn’t want to infuriate him further so I just ignored the fact that we wasted precious time.

 

“We’ll be back at around 8PM!” I told the members when we were about to go out.

 

“Have fun on your date!” Donghyun-hyung said and the others snickered.

 

I glared at them, “You seriously need to stop these jokes like we’re a couple or something!”

 

“Oh yeah? Then why are you holding Youngmin’s hand?” Donghyun-hyung retorted and to my horror, I was in fact holding my twin’s hand! I looked at Youngmin and he was beet red while trying to look somewhere else. When did I hold his hand anyway? Maybe I was trying to hurry him up? I immediately let go of his hand when the members’ suppressed giggles turned into fits of laughter.

 

“Aish, whatever! We’re going!” I was about to hold his hand again but fortunately I realized what I was about to do and halted my actions. I just waited for Youngmin to follow me outside then we headed to our destination – the amusement park.

 

We were about to pay for our entrance fee but I stopped Youngmin when I saw him fishing out his wallet.

 

“I will pay. I’m the one who asked you for a date right?”

 

Youngmin placed his wallet back on his bag. “That’s why the members are always teasing us.”

 

“Oh, don’t mind them. Besides, the fans like us being paired together right?”

 

“Ugh, whatever.”

 

We started by playing some games available in the park and I can see Youngmin’s mood lifting up. I thought that he was going to be grumpy the whole day. I was also able to win a Pikachu and a Panda stuffed toy from the claw machine. I seriously don’t get why Donghyun-hyung never wins in this game.

 

“Here’s Panda for you and Pikachu for me~”

 

Youngmin gave a small smile and uttered a small thanks. When he thought I couldn’t see him, I saw him hug the Panda. And the sight was simply adorable.

 

We played some more games before Youngmin tugged my coat lightly.

 

“I’m going to buy drinks. Do you want some?”

 

“No~~~ I’m going to treat you!”

 

“But-“

 

“I told you I’m the one who asked for a date right. So just…uhm…think of yourself as my precious girlfriend haha!”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

Youngmin was still shouting some nonsense things to me when we arrived at the drinks stand.

 

“Two colas please,” I told the old woman who was selling the drinks.

 

“Aigoo~ what a lovely couple. Your girlfriend is so pretty.”

 

Youngmin looked scandalized while I laughed at the old woman’s words. “We’re not a couple grandma. We’re twins.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry about that. My eyes can’t see properly anymore. Anyway, your parents must be happy to have a handsome son like you and a pretty daughter like her.”

 

I laughed even louder while Youngmin looked like he was about to faint.

 

“Grandma, I’m not a girl!”

 

“Are you serious?!” the old woman squinted her eyes trying to observe him further. “You’re so pretty for a boy! I’m really sorry for my mistake.”

 

Youngmin then smiled and he finally found the grandma funny, “It’s okay grandma. I’ve been mistaken for a girl many times before.”

 

“See! Anyway, I hope you two have fun.”

 

I paid for our drinks and bowed to her. I kept teasing Youngmin for the incident earlier and he kept on blushing. Since we played almost all of the games, we decided to go on rides. We also ate dinner on one of the restaurant inside the park.

 

“It’s 7:45 already. I think we better go home after this dinner,” Youngmin said.

 

“Wait! We haven’t ridden the Ferris Wheel yet!”

 

“Alright, that’s the last one okay?”

 

“Okay!”

 

We were finally seated inside the Ferris Wheel car and the ride slowly moved. Youngmin has a happy expression on his face as he watched the view outside.

 

“Did you have fun today?” I asked him.

 

He looked at me, keeping that happy expression on his face, and answered, “Of course I did! Thank you much Kwangmin…”

 

I think I lost my breath as I stared at his face. I got out of my trance when he resumed looking outside and spoke.

 

“When we debuted and you started dating, we never get to spend time with each other anymore. That’s why I’m really glad you decided to take me out today.”

 

I smiled and I rested my head on his shoulder. I’ve never felt this happy before, not even on my dates with my past girlfriends. I wonder why I felt like this. Maybe because he’s my twin and he understands me the most? I didn’t want to think of too many things at that moment because I wanted to savor this as much as I can. I realized that night that I am the happiest when I’m with him.

 

________________________

Part 2 coming soon 

I know this first part is not that intesesting yet so I hope I can improve it on the next chap :(

But thanks for reading anyway and HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY TO BOYFRIEND <3