Chapter 34

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

               Park Chanyeol had always liked to picture himself as a gentleman ; the type of guy who makes girls' heart flutter and knows how to treat the ladies. Yeah, Chanyeol was definitely one of those. Or maybe not.

 

To be honest, Chanyeol was more of an awkward and sweaty teenager than a confident Casanova.

So when the real opportunity to go on a date came up, Chanyeol had gone through two different phases : fulfillment and a panick attack. Fulfillment because hell yeah, you were finally going to go on a date and a panick attack because hell no, Chanyeol wasn't ready for this.

Sure, you had already spent some time together. But it was the result of coincidence and luck. It wasn't planned, it just happened.

However, this was different. This was a date. Like a real one. Not a spontaneous adventure. The realisation made Chanyeol lose all his composure, which kind of . He knew how important first dates were (even though you were already in a relationship) and that he had to make a good impression on this date. It was his one shot, his one chance and he couldn't mess it up.

But how are you supposed to rock on a date when all your (poor) knowledge comes from questionable sources (a.k.a Korean dramas) ? Chanyeol definitely needed help. For a very brief second, asking his roommates had crossed his mind. But that was only for a brief second. Kyungsoo was definitely too prude for this and Sehun was just.. Sehun.

In other words, Chanyeol was alone in this battle. He needed to show you what a manly man he was. And for a guy like Park Chanyeol, that wouldn't be a piece of cake.

 

But thank God, here we are, 2013 and in a world overloaded with technologies. Chanyeol may not be Casanova, but with an Internet connection, it's pretty much the same thing. So after a quick research, Chanyeol had figured out this would actually be a piece of cake.

 

__________________

 

You wanted to leave. This date would only make things worst.

Maybe a crappy excuse, a fake cough and few flutters of lashes would do the trick. Maybe he'd simply shrug and wave goodbye before forgetting everything about the joke that was your relationship. Yeah, maybe.

But with a broken heart and a guilty conscience, it's hard to make the right decisions. So when Chanyeol asked you for the nth time if you really were ok, you smiled and grabbed his hand. You already made too much mistakes. Another one wouldn't hurt. If you couldn't give him the love story he wanted, you could at least give him the date he asked for. That was the least you could do.

So when you arrived in front of a cinema you kept on smiling (even though you were a little disappointed to not do something more Chanyeol-ish). When he suggested to watch that weird movie about zombies, you agreed with an even bigger smile (even though the movie looked pretty boring).

You kept on smiling so hard that your cheeks started to hurt.

 

__________________

 

Chanyeol decided that the Internet is amazing. Seriously, this place is magic, especially the tutorials he had found about dating. Until now, he had followed every steps and, oh boy, everything was going according to the plan (except forgetting his wallet. That wasn't a part of the plan). Step 1, go somewhere fun. All the websites suggested cinema and even though playing arcade games or going to an amusement park sounded hell appealing, Chanyeol opted for the movie theater (besides it implies being in the darkness which would be perfect for making out sessions. Not that Chanyeol thought about it, but hey, this was an information to take into account, ok.). Step 2 was to let the lady choose the movie, but there was this movie which looked really cool (with zombies and blood and scary stuff) that he was dying to watch. And with a little luck, maybe you'd be scared and ask for Chanyeol's protection and hide in his arms and stare into his eyes and blush and start to make out and... (Oh yeah, Chanyeol really wanted to make out. And maybe you did too since you agreed to watch it with a suspiciously wide smile. Not that Chanyeol minded anyway.)

But making out was the only the 8th step. First, he needed to buy popcorn.

 

__________________

 

Your smile disappeared as soon as the lights switched off. Ugh, finally. Your cheeks were aching, but it was nothing compared to the heavy weight in your chest and the mess in your head.

Too numb to think properly, you still needed to find a solution. Sehun had been pretty clear : breaking up with Chanyeol was your only option. But that was easier said than done in this circumstances. Watching the movie would let you some time to rack your brain and (hopefully) find an alternative solution to your problem.

As the advertisement started, you looked for comfort in the bag of popcorn Chanyeol bought for both of you. You dived your hand in the bag, trying to be as quiet as possible, when you felt something warm and sweaty brushing your fingers which didn't remind you of popcorn.

 

« Oops, sorry. » Chanyeol giggled, not sorry at all for trying to hold your hand in a bag of popcorns.

 

Ok, no popcorn for now. You mumbled a « That's ok » before resting your arm on armrest. But you hadn't even felt the velvet on your skin, when you met Chanyeol's arm on the armrest. You frowned while he gave you a wink and wiggled his eyebrows.

 

__________________

 

According to his new reliable source (the Internet, duh!), physical contact was highly recommended. Like holding hands. But, ugh, holding hands was for little kids and you weren't little kids anymore. Chanyeol wanted to make out and he really doubted holding hands would lead him to his goal. He needed a more effective attack, so screw step 5th and let's just skip to step 6th. After a few glances to make sure the ground was ready and a deep breath, Chanyeol waded in. An arm slid on the velvet of your seat before somehow ending up around your shoulders. Smooth, yeah very smooth. Chanyeol had to contain himself to not throw his fist in the air as a sign of victory. He had already reached step 7th and the movie hadn't even started yet. This date was definitely going to be a success !

 

But making out was more difficult than Chanyeol thought, especially when the little scenario he had built up in his mind was far, far, far away from the reality. The movie was scary as hell, there was blood, zombies and everything he was excited about. But instead of protecting you from 2D monsters, Chanyeol was the one in need of rescue. Hiding his eyes behind his sweaty palms but trying to act tough nevertheless, Park Chanyeol was close to lose his . And if it wasn't for you or for his self-esteem, he would have run away an hour ago. When his sight wasn't blocked by his hands, he was staring at you with incomprehension and admiration. You didn't seem afraid or scared. In fact, you looked totally unimpressed. Barely blinking, you didn't let any sign of fear appear. And this was not good. The make out session wasn't happening (and there was no more popcorn.)

 

But at some point, when the sight of bloody guts and brains was too much to handle, Chanyeol gave up. what the websites said about being manly and tough and being the man of the situation. Chanyeol couldn't take it anymore or he would pee his pants. Without any hesitation and with a lot of desperation, he threw himself against you with a high-pitched scream as someone got their throat sliced.

 

__________________

 

To be honest, the movie was pretty boring and didn't manage to distract you from the sad reality. You couldn't stop thinking about Sehun's warning and the guilt was driving you crazy. Besides, Chanyeol ate your only comfort, the whole bag of popcorn, and you were feeling terribly alone.

That was until you found an almost full grown-up man against you, whipping like a little boy at some point during the movie.

 

« What are you doing? » You asked Chanyeol.

 

If this was another tactic to make out or some-

 

« I know, I'll move », he whispered in you the crook of your neck. The hot air tickled your skin. « As soon as things get less, hum... bloody.  »

 

You looked back at the screen and watched an innocent woman get hit by a car. Blood splashed all over the screen and Chanyeol's face came closer to your neck. You wanted to laugh but kept quiet.

 

« Alright. » You mumbled, feeling his warm body against yours.

 

 

 

« Is it gone? » He murmured after a while.

 

His fluffy hair was tickling your face and the strong smell of his perfume was making it hard to breath. Your arm was a little numb due to his weight and you weren't sitting comfortably. And yet, for a reason you didn't really understand, you lied.

 

 

__________________

 

 

« Chanyeol, you have to get up now. »

 

This was getting ridiculous. The movie ended a few minutes ago, the lights were back on and everyone had left, and yet, here you were, waiting for your stubborn boyfriend to leave the empty cinema. Curled into a ball, he was hiding himself under his jacket and flatly refused to move.

 

« We can't stay here, Chanyeol. » You insisted, gently shaking his shoulder.

« It's ok, » he shrugged under his jacket. « You can leave me here so I can peacefully die of shame. »

 

You let out a dry laugh. If someone needed to be ashamed, that person was you. You crossed your arms, feeling like a mum trying to convince his child to take a bath or something.

 

« If you come, I'll treat you to a meal. » You suggested, knowing perfectly well he wouldn't resist to food.

 

But instead of coming out of his little tent with glowing eyes and a wide smile, Chanyeol cried under his jacket and sank deeper in his seat.

 

« What are you talking about? » He whined.  « I'm the man, I'm the one who's supposed to treat you. »

« Then how are you going to treat me if you stay under there ? » You smiled.

 

Chanyeol kept quiet.

 

You sighed and sat back on your seat, next to him. You didn't know he would be so afraid of fake blood and bad acting zombies (and neither did he). His pride got buried as soon as he had started whimpering in your arms. How manly.

The whole point of this was to show you how badass and confident and strong he was. Not to look like an idiot.

 

The silence got heavy. Drawing patterns with your finger on the velvet of the armrest, you waited for him to say something. But it seemed like his pride went away with his usually unstoppable flow of words. You both stayed quiet for a while until you realized how absurd the situation was.

 

« I'm afraid of spiders. » You confessed.

 

The mass under Chanyeol's jacket moved.

 

« Everyone's afraid of spiders. » He replied, unimpressed.

 

Your feet climbed on your chair. You hugged your knees before nodding.

 

« Yeah, but I'm like, reeeeally afraid of them, » you insisted. « Every time I see one, I freak out. Even the small- »

« Don't do that. » Chanyeol cut you off, taking his head out of his little tent. « I know what you're tying to do. It's nice, thank you, but please don't. »

 

And the turtle went back into home.

 

« I just need a moment. » He mumbled under his jacket.

 

There were moments when you really wanted to hug him, and other moments when you just felt like grabbing his shoulders and shake him as hard as you could. You couldn't quite figure out what you wanted to do now.

You stared at the blank screen in front of you and waited. It wasn't like you were actually in a hurry. You still didn't know how to deal with the situation and maybe you needed a moment too. You sank in your chair.

 

« Wanna come inside? » A little voice whispered.

 

You turned your head to see an welcoming gap in Chanyeol's made of leather cave. You stayed still for few seconds, hesitating, before moving closer to him. He let the jacket fall over your head.

 

« So,» you asked, « what know? »

 

It was a little too dark to clearly see his face in this little cocoon.

 

« I don't know. » He shrugged. « We're pretty comfortable under here. »

 

Even if the distance between each other's face was almost nonexistent, you had to admit it was quite nice. A little awkward, but nice. You played with your fingers and felt Chanyeol move next to you.

It was awfully quiet in here. As if you were cut off from the rest of the world. For some reasons, your heart was beating louder than usual. You wondered if Chanyeol could hear the hammering in your chest. You instinctively crossed your arms, hoping it would cut the insanely loud rhythm played by your heart. As if things weren't already uncomfortable enough, it was getting hotter under here. Waves of heat warmed up your cheeks as the silence was getting thicker. You couldn't tell for how long Chanyeol and you stayed here, under his jacket, sitting as quiet as possible in the darkness. The next movie was probably going to start soon and if you didn't want to be kicked out, you needed to get up and leave. About to break the heavy silence, you turned towards Chanyeol and accidentally hit his head.

 

« Ah, sorry, » you groaned.

« No, it was my fault, » Chanyeol exclaimed. « Are you hurt? »

« No, I'm good. » You asserted with a wince.

 

You felt his hands brush your head as he muttered some muddled apologizes.

 

« I'm fine, Chanyeol. » You insisted.

 

His hand landed on your forehead.

 

« Are you sure? »

 

His fingers traveled down your cheek.

 

« Yes. It's ok, it happens. »

 

He let his hand linger in your neck. It was warm and soft, you liked it.

 

« Alright, » he whispered.

 

You could feel his warm breath down your neck and his fingers gently brushing your skin. Chanyeol had always like skinship and you were kind of used to it now. But having his hand slowly tickling your neck felt different. Your cheeks turned red as your respiration became more jerky. You felt Chanyeol lean closer. You knew where this was going.

You moved aside. His hand slipped.

 

« Oh, sorry, » he mumbled. « I don't know what I was doing- »

« No ! » You exclaimed a little too fast. « It's o-ok. »

 

Maybe the heat had fried your brain, but you kind of missed his touch and couldn't help but move closer to him instead of running away.

 

« Shou-... Should I go on then or... ? » He whispered.

«Ye-Yes, » your voice cracked. « Go on. »

 

But instead of carrying on what you were doing, neither of you moved. You both stayed still for what seemed to be an eternity, face to face, hearts racing fast. Yours was hammering too hard against your chest, it was almost painful. Time was suspended, the wait was killing you. What was wrong with Chanyeol ? You just gave him the signal, the green light he was waiting for and yet... and yet he didn't move an inch.

But he was close, you could feel it. Close enough to hear his twitchy breath. Close enough to smell his smooth perfume. Close enough to almost brush his lips. But he didn't move and neither did you. You were both waiting, in the darkness and closer than you had ever been. As if the distance between your lips would never disappear.

His hand caressed your cheek and your heart missed a beat. His light fingers slowly made their way to your hair. Your throat felt dry, your heart about to explode and you couldn't think about anything except him. You slowly closed your eyes.

And when you thought it would never happen, Chanyeol kissed you. His lips were soft and gentle against yours and you responded with more longing than you thought you would. The kiss was chaste and yet, you were melting like butter. His jacket fell off of your heads but it really didn't matter. Chanyeol grabbed your face as you leaned closer to him.

But as things started to heat up, Chanyeol suddenly changed his position to something really uncomfortable. You bumped into the armrest and broke away from the kiss. But as soon as you did, Chanyeol grabbed your neck to pull you in another kiss. Your noses bumped while he tried to shove his tongue down your throat which was awkward enough to somehow break the mood. You pulled away, feeling suddenly very self-conscious. Chanyeol and you exchanged an embarrassed stare, as if you were caught doing something forbidden. You coughed awkwardly as a smile suddenly light up his face.

 

« Hey, you're blushing! » Chanyeol giggled, pointing at your burning cheeks.

« No, I'm not. » (yes, you were), you mumbled before hiding your pink face under your hands. « We should go. »

 

Chanyeol laughed and enthusiastically nodded.

 

« Yes, we should. » He agreed, grabbing his jacket.

 

 

__________________

 

The date ended up pretty smoothly if you ignore Chanyeol's never-ending teasing about your blushing cheek. None of you spoke about how your first kiss ended, feeling too embarrassed and self-conscious. But because practice makes perfect (according to Chanyeol), he tried to kiss you as much as he could. Which is a lot. Especially when it's at inadequate places and inadequate times. Other than that, everything went pretty ok and you had to admit you loved this date.

But went the afternoon came to end, the moment you had postponed for so long inevitably arrived. You were waiting for the bus. Chanyeol was playing on his phone while you were looking at the passers-by.

 

« Sehun says hi, » Chanyeol said, typing on his phone. « I think he likes you. »

 

You scoffed. Yeah, Sehun definitely liked you. He liked you so much that he was asking you (no, forcing you) to break up with Chanyeol. It must be true love.

Your feet drew invisible circles on the asphalt. The time had come. You didn't know how to say it, how to make it sound soft and loving. Breaking up wasn't soft and loving, it was painful and hard. You observed at Chanyeol. He had kept that silly smile plastered on his face all day. You looked away.

, this wasn't the moment to feel emotional. The thing was, you didn't want to hurt him. You didn't want to see his heart break in front of you and because of you. You didn't want to see the sparkle in his eyes disappear. You wanted to make him smile wider. You wanted to feel his hand holding yours. You wanted to be selfish a little longer.

So you kept quiet and never said the words you had prepared in your head. The bus showed up, you kissed him goodbye and got on without saying anything. You sat next to the window and Chanyeol waved at you with a gentle smile. As crazy and stupid as it could be, yeah, you were into him. Well played, Karma, you were now ed. Yours lips curled into a genuine smile and you tried really hard to not cry. Crying wouldn't solve anything anyway.

 

 

Chanyeol's silhouette got smaller as the bus drove away and it didn't took long before he was completely out of sight, leaving you alone with reality. You rested your head on the window and closed your eyes. Why, oh why, the world was constantly against you ? Having an actual crush (or more) on Chanyeol wasn't supposed to happen. The plan was to seduce, not to be seduced. You hit your head against the thick glass, hoping you'd get a commotion and eventually die. But all you got was a bruise and a slight headache.

 

While trying to take your own life, your phone vibrated. You grabbed it only to find a text from Chanyeol. You quickly read it and went through all the cheesy compliments and random poems quotes before realizing enough was enough.

You didn't want to fall deeper. This was already going too far, you weren't controlling the situation anymore.You hit the reply button. You were going to put an end to it right here, right now. Not for Sehun, but for yourself. You were too involved and got caught at your own game. You liked him but if you wanted to get through this deal unharmed, you needed to make choice, as hard as they could be.

You started typing words of apologize, telling him to understand that he was too good for you, that he didn't deserve you and blablabla...

You read it. The message was awfully fake but maybe he would buy it. You were about to press the « Send » button when you realised breaking up with him would solve Sehun's case and prevent yourself from unwanted feelings, but Kai's deal was still on the way. You closed your eyes . You needed to think wisely. What was more important? Chanyeol's heart or the picture?

 

The picture, definitely.

You erased everything.

 

The pain in your chest didn't disappear. It was getting heavier as you put your phone in your pocket.Was the picture really important ? You bit your lips. You needed to understand your feelings were just an illusion. It was normal to be a little disturbed after kissing someone. The warm feeling in your chest didn't necessarily meant you actually liked Chanyeol. Right?

 

You looked at your phone again, not believing your own thoughts. You liked Chanyeol and he needed to know. Maybe a simple « We need a break » would be enough? It sounded evasive enough. You nodded and typed again, wanting to get away from the mess in your head.

After few attempts, you found the right words to let him know you needed some space but still wanted to be with him. It sounded incredibly stupid but you didn't have another plan.

 

So here it was, ready to be sent. All you had to do was to push on the magic button and poof ! The problem would be solved. It was easy, simple and incredibly lame. Break-up texts were lame. You were lame. This whole situation was lame.

You sighed. One button and you'd be free. Your thumb brushed your phone's screen before ending up on the precious key.

 

Damn it.

You shoved your phone in your pocket. What Sehun said was absurd. He wasn't going to tell anything. He was definitely going to threat you but nothing more. How many times did he tell you how Chanyeol was happy to be with you? Wasn't he the one trying to play Cupid the other day? Sure, the situation was a little different but still. He knew how precious your were to his friend. If he told him, he'd be responsible of his heartbreak too. He'd be the one who'll have to collect all the pieces of Chanyeol's heart.

Sehun wasn't going to tell Chanyeol the truth, you were almost sure about it.

Yeah, almost.

 

_______________________

 

(A/N)  Oh, hi there ! 

Thought I would never update ? Yeah, me neither. 

But here I am with a painfully cheesy chapter (I feel so much secondhand embarrassement from this kiss scene and I'm seriously questioning my life choices).

I'm really happy to be here again and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support and patience. You guys are the best ! I hope the chapter is worth the wait. I made it a little longer than usual and I hope you enjoyed it. It has been so long that I forgot how to English, so if you see mistakes, tell me ! (Thanks to SweetSkyStar for proofreading it !)

(PS : I'm dedicating this chapter to the couple who made out in front me the other day at the movie theater. Trust me, you don't know what true pain is until you have to witness awkward teenagers loudly eating each other's faces for 2 hours ಠ_ಠ)