Chapter 26

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

__________________________

 

If you thought the phone conversation shared with Kai the other day had been awkward enough to keep him away from you, you were really naive and definetely wrong. As if it wasn't enough to stop him from harassing you, that dumb guy bothered you even more than before. He wasn't doing anything in particular except constantly wearing that mocking smirk of his, sign that he was up to no good. He was doing this annoying wince all day long. During the class, while you were eating lunch with Chanyeol, when you met him in the hallway. All the freaking time and it was seriously getting on your nerves.

To avoid loosening it it, you tried to focus on Chanyeol. The day of your birthday had been great and fun. Guilt from skipping school had disappeared. It had totally worthed it and you really looked forward to the next day you'll do something as exciting. You just wished it had lasted a little longer... Opportunity to have fun made rare for you without Mina and Vicky and you had kind of felt disappointed when Chanyeol suddenly remembered he had a rehearsal and left you after Kai called. But, it was already very kind of him to skip school for the sake of your birthday. So, of course, you weren't mad at him. But you still felt a little.. yeah, disappointed.

Concerning the weird feelings you started to develop, you decided to blame it on the fact that Chanyeol had been very friendly with you that day. It was the only explanation and it couldn't be otherwise. You weren't use to be spoiled like this and you convinced yourself that the sudden attention just made you a little dizzy. Nothing less, and certainly nothing more.

 

School ended smoothly today and, because you had to work on your English project after classes, you waited for Chanyeol in front of the school library instead of going back home. Leaning against the wall and time to time checking your watch, you looked at the student crossing the hallway to kill time. Most of them were hanging with their friends, probably heading to a nice cafe or something. You kind of missed legitimately belonging to a group. To go it alone had its inconvenience but you weren't going to backtrack. Mina and especially Vicky had been really disrespectful and you weren't going to be the fool who try to fix it up. As your eyes were wandering in the hallway, you spotted your them accompanied by Baekhyun and his mates. They were walking past you, happily getting out of school. Your eyes followed them as your heart wringed. Baekhyun had his arm around Mina's shoulder who was talking with Suho while Vicky was clung to a very cold Kris wearing his usual face. Lay, Chen and Xiumin were following, laughing very loudly in the hallway. Fiddling the strap of your bag, you pinched your lips, to not let it go to your head. From day to day, you could feel a wall building between you. It was like a huge gap had form between you and them.They were living their life, you were living yours. The page was turned and the book closed. It hurt, but that was life. People come, people leave.

About to look away, you spotted Baekhyun's eyes on you. A small hint of what looked like pity was shining in his gaze. You blinked, embarrased. You must looked so pathetic, waiting alone for the creepiest guy of the school in front of the school library. Playing absent-mindly with the strap of your bag, you wonder if he noticed you missed school. Probably not. He was too busy surrounding Mina's shoulder with his arm and giving her smiles with bright eyes to actually care about you.

That was when you suddenly realised with disappointment that he probably just offered you his friendship just by compassion. He never cared about you, did he ? He had only been friendly because it was a part of his personality, not because he actually wanted to be friendly with you. If he trully wanted to be your friend, he would at least say « Hi » or smile at you in the hallway. If he trully wanted to be your friend, he wouldn't avoid you or looked at you with those sorry eyes. It had taken time, but you finally got the message. He wasn't your friend and will never be. Your lips curled into a sad smile and you noticed how he frowned before you looked away. Guess that book was closed too.

You sighed and brushed your feet against the floor, praying for Chanyeol to come soon. You needed to be distracted and think about something else. You needed to hear one of his cheesy joke. You needed his company. But for some reason, he was late and you were left alone.

Massaging your temple with your fingertips, you realised someone was standing in front of you. You raised your head and figured out, a little annoyed, that it was Kai. As you rolled your eyes and crossed your arms, he curled his lips into a mocking smile.

 

« Oh, not you... » You murmured, not in the mood to deal with him.

 

Didn't he have something better to do right now ? Like going home or forgetting about your existence for a while ? He just couldn't loose any opportunity to make your life a hell, couldn't he? Hands burried in his pocket and wearing his usual mischievous smirk, that idiot chuckled.

 

« So you're skipping school now, debauched student ? » He teased you, raising a brow.

 

You clicked your tongue.

 

« So you're secretly obtaining phone number without permission now, thief ? » You said, mimicking his mocking tone.

 

Kai blinked at the unexpected comeback and frowned, burnt at his own little game. His little plaything wasn't supposed to say that.

 

« What are you talking about ? » He skilfully lied, blinking like a innocent lamb.

 

Denial, so typical of him.

 

« I'm talking about the phone call, stupid. » You replied, narrowing your eyes.

 

But Kai shrugged and looked away, pretending to not understand.

 

« I don't know what you are talking about. » He said, frowning.

 

You shook your head, with a small laugh. As if you would believe him... Of course it was him on the phone, who else could it be ? Your Mom ? You didn't know what he was trying to do exactly, and to be honest, you didn't really care. That guy was just so strange sometimes and you didn't want to be a part of his stupid games. Besides, he could deny as much as he wanted, you knew it was him.

 

« Sure, Kai. » You nodded, looking at the students walking in the hallway. « Sure.. »

 

You vaguely wondered if Chanyeol forgot about your meeting or if something was detaining him. He wasn't the type to be late... Feeling you weren't paying attention to him anymore, Kai get his hand out of his pocket and slightly bended towards you.

 

«  By the way, could you please to your soon-to-be boyfriend to stop staring at me all day long like he's going to murder me ? » Kai complained, with a mocking smile. « It's creepy and it makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. »

 

Your eyes got back on that idiot and you lifted an eyebrow. You hardly believed it was making him uncomfortable. Twisted as he was, you bet Kai was actually enjoying the attention. And from the nonchalant smirk he was doing, you could tell you were right.

 

« It doesn't look like Chanyolito likes me. » Kai moaned with a pout.

 

You let out a small laugh.

 

« But that's because nobody likes you Kai. » You retorted, giving him a pity smile.

 

Fakely offended, Kai dramatically put a hand on his heart and widened his eyes with a shocked face expression.

 

« What ? Nobody likes me ? » He cried, before lifting the corner of his lips and letting his hand fall.

 

His eyes darkened and he made a step closer to you. So you wanted to play smart with him now ? That was new...

 

 « But I deserve a ing award. » He said, tilting his head to the side and narrowing his eyes. « Thank to me, that weirdo will have a girlfriend for a month. »

 

You cheeks suddenly turned crimson. The hallway was crowded and that idiot was speaking too loud.

 

«  I...K-Kai... » You stuttered, unfolding your arms. « Not so loud. »

 

Ignoring your cries, Kai grabbed a lock of your hair and made it roll between his fingers while he was smirking at you. By reflex, you made a step backwards and accidently bumped into the wall behind you.

 

« But who knows what that freak will do to you ? » Kai blankly said.

 

Your narrowed your eyes, feeling your throat dry and your heart hammering against your chest. You didn't like how his eyes were shining right now. You didn't like it at all.

 

«  That weirdo will probably try to you when the first opportunity will come. » Kai assumed with amusement. « I bet he won't keep his thing in his pant any longer. And as weird as he is, he's going to do really creepy things to you. Wait..what ? Why are you looking at me like that ? You don't agree ?  »

 

You were breathing heavily, deseperatly trying to keep calm.

Blood was rushing into your veins and you bit your lips violently to control yourself.Your first was clenched so tighly that your phalanx were white. That bastard. That ing bastard.

He knew nothing about Chanyeol. Absolutely nothing.

 

« Stop it Kai. It's not funny anymore. » You warned him, about to lose your temper.

 

He had no rights to say this about Chanyeol. No ing rights. If he wanted to say bad things about you, that was fine. But not with Chanyeol. And not like that.

But your reaction only made Kai laughed more. Dropping your hair, he crossed his arms with a smirk.

 

« Aw ! Look at you ! » He exclaimed.« You must really like him to so defensive about that creep, don't you ? Too bad you can't even seduce him. But you tried, didn't you ? You tried, and yet you can't even have the easiest guy of the school. And to say you wanted that guy.. Hum, wait what was his name again ?...Oh, Baekhyun, right ?»

 

You silently listened to him going on about awful things. The more your eyes darkened, the wider his smile was. This was the meanest thing someone ever told you. Sure, it was Kai and you weren't expecting compliments from him. But it didn't mean it didn't hurt.

Your breathed started to speed up, you teeth were digging in your plump lips and your fist was drained out of blood. Never in your life you felt so furious and ashamed. It was free nastiness and the few respect you had for Kai had vanished. You knew he was just trying to provoke you and this was a game for him. But enough was enough. As he was still talking, you weakly raised your hand in the air. Your patience had limits. And without hesitation, you slapped him in the face.

 

 

Kai stopped talking. Finally.

A hand covering his burning cheek, he looked at you with widened eyes. Glaze was a mix of surprise and astonishment. Yes, his little plaything could rebel. Yes, it wasn't pretty to see. And no, for once you didn't blink or looked away. In fact, your eyes were right into his and you weren't afraid.

 

« I'm going to ask him to be my boyfriend tonight. » You said with an unsteady voice. « And after a month, I'll break up with him. As it was agreed you'll delete the picture. And after this, I don't want to ever talk to you again, Kai or should I say Kim Jongin. Am I clear ? »

 

Kai blinked, a little spaced out. The sudden call of his full name woke him up. He was used to be called Kai, not Kim Jongin. It kind of was his weak point and hearing it made him shut up.

You tidied your hair and took a deep breath before walking away. Kai's eyes followed you as he was rubbing his cheek. Your heel were hammering against the floor and you didn't look back once.

The truth was, you had no idea what to do. You tried to look fierce, but inside, you were freaking out. Asking Chanyeol to be your boyfriend tonight ? Did you loose your mind ? This was completely ridiculous. It was too soon, he didn't like you yet. This was going to fail. But you wanted to prove to Kai that you could seduce him. And you were eager to show it off right in front of his face.

And like a freaking miracle, Chanyeol chose to appear in the hallway right at this moment. He was casually walking towards the school library, a bag of cookie in his hand, and stopped when he noticed you were heading towards him. Without saying anything you grabbed his arm and kept on walking away from Kai.

 

« Hey ! W-Wait...Where are we going ? » Chanyeol exclaimed, following you like a little puppy. « Aren't we supposed to work at the li- »

 

Chanyeol's words got stucked in his throat. He noticed Kai standing next to the main door of the library and his heart made a twist. It didn't take him a lot of time before making the link between him and you. And from the way Kai was looking at you, Chanyeol assumed something happened.

 

« Are you ok ? » He asked, looking at Kai and then back at you.

« Y-Yes. » You replied, still walking.

« So we aren't going to work ? » Chanyeol dumbly asked, not really knowing what to say.

«  Yes, we are. » You immediately replied.

«  B-But where ? »

 

You stopped walking and freed his arm. You were usually working at the library but the English project wasn't the priority anymore.The priority was Park Chanyeol.

From the corner of your eyes, you noticed Kai was still staring. Perfect, keep on watching jerk !

You looked at Chanyeol and tried to not think too much. If you wanted to end this stupid deal, then you had to make the move. You highly doubted it would work but you decided to give it a try. Your pride was in play (and the picture too, of course) and you couldn't let Kai win on this one. Wearing your brightest smile you tilted your head to the side and suggested loud enough for Kai to hear :

 

« Let's go working at your place today ! »

__________________________