Chapter 23

Seducing Nerdy Chanyeol !

(A/N) Our boys won their first awards ! CONGRATULATIONS BOYS :'D !

__________________________

You looked at your bowl of seaweed soup without touching it. The knot in your stomach was taking away all your appetite. You still felt confused and disturbed about what happened at the aquarium earlier. Even if now your heart had found a normal speed, whenever your eyes were landing on Chanyeol, the hammering was coming back. And it was a really unpleasant feeling.

Once out of the aquarium, you remained silent, not in the mood or the state to have a nice chitchat. Chanyeol interpreted your silence as a sign of fear and he apologized many times, feeling guilty about what he did.

 

« I didn't know you were so afraid of aquarium ! » He worriedly tried to explain. « Why didn't you tell me before getting in ? »

 

You didn't answer. You just couldn't.

You weren't afraid fish tank. Or, at least you didn't admit it. What you were truly afraid of was the unfamiliar sensation in your chest.

You eyed the green seaweed drifting in your bowl. Since none of you had enough money to pay a decent meal in a nice restaurant, you bought two cheap bowls of soup and were eating at the terrace of a small supermarket. Few tables and chairs were available for the consumers outside. Chanyeol was loudly drinking his soup, not really paying attention to you. Being a mess of strange feelings, you pushed your bowl aside and sighed.

.

 

« Not eating ? » Chanyeol frowned, raising his head.

 

You looked away, ignoring his question. You didn't know why you were acting like such a retard with him. It was just trying to be nice. This wasn't his fault.. Or maybe yes, it was actually his fault ! Was trapping you between him and a glass was really necessary ? Was giving you kind smiles all day long was necessary ? Was being the only one to actually care and try to make you feel good was necessary ? You bit your lips, feeling the pouding coming back.

Chanyeol tilted his head to the side and give you one of his cute-and-caring look.

 

« That was the first and last time we were going to the fish tank, I promise. » He said pinching his lips.

 

You discretely rolled your eyes, not give a about the aquarium.

The silence was heavy and uncomfortable. Chanyeol stopped eating and typed his fingers on the table, not really knowing what to do. For an unknown reason, you looked annoyed. Earlier, you were smiling and happy. But right now... it was like your mind were thousands miles away. His eyes landed on your bowl, it was intact. Biting his lips, he tried to think of what he did wrong. You seemed pretty excited about going to the aquarium. You even said you wanted a picture of jellyfish. So what was the problem ? Being blind as always, he couldn't even imagine what was disturbing you so much. Chanyeol sighed. He was really failing at giving you a nice birthday. First, he didn't know it was today. Second, he hadn't plan anything. Third, he had no money. Fourth, for some reasons, he made you angry. Nice Park Chanyeol, really nice...

And above all, what drove him crazy was to think that your crush would have succeed at giving you an awesome birthday. If it was with him, you would have an awesome day and wouldn't make that

face.Compared to him, Chanyeol was just making a fool of himself.

Running a hand in his hair, he was about to say something to lighten the atmosphere when he suddenly realised what was wrong. A spark of relief crossed his face. How could he be so stupid ?

You saw him brusquely standing up. You frowned and wandered what was happening. He dumbly smiled at you.

 

«  Can you stay here for ten minutes ? » He asked, putting his bag on his shoulder.

«  What ? » You asked, standing up too. « Why ? Wait ! Where are you going ? »

 

He had this worrying bright smile on his face and you didn't know what he was up to right now.

Chanyeol shook his head and put a hand on your shoulder to make you sit down. The brief contact made your stomach jumped and you quietly fell on the chair.

 

« Na, na ! » He declared, starting to walk away. « You'll stay here, ok ? Don't go anywhere. I'll come back soon. »

 

You dropped your arms in the air. Was he being serious ? Ditching you ? Just like that ?

 

« But wa- »

« I'll be quick ! »

 

You eyed him running away. He was zigzagging between tables and chair. Where the hell was he going ? Chanyeol turned back few times to make sure you wouldn't follow him or go away, before running again. Of course, too shocked to actually move, you stay still on your chair. That guy was really unpredictable today.

Once he was out of sight, you heavily breathed and relaxed in your chair. You had really no idea what was happening to you. It was the first time you were loosing control of yourself like that.You grabbed your glass of water and drank it in one shot. From now on, you'll have to be careful. Careful of what ? You didn't exactly know.

You looked at your watch. You didn't know how long it would take Chanyeol to come back or if he was actually going to come back. What were you supposed to do now ? You looked at your soup on the side of the table. With a sigh, you grabbed it and slowly started to eat it. Frustrated or not, you still felt hungry. You must look awfully pathetic at this moment, eating a cheap and cold seaweed soup alone. But it could be worst.

You reached your phone in the pocket of your blazer and lazily checked your messages. 3 new messages ! One was from your mother wishing you a good day, one from the telephone company that you didn't even read, and one simply saying « Happy birthday ». You looked at the last message, wondering who sent it because the number was unknown. You shrugged and put your phone back in your pocket. None from Mina, none from Vicky. Ouch.

You finished your soup and started to find the time was passing slowly. Didn't he say he'd be back in ten minutes ? You typed your fingers on the table and sighed. Hurry up Chanyeol ! Maybe should you call him ? But you didn't have his phone number... You rolled your eyes and played with your hair, trying to kill time. Hurry up Chanyeol ! Your eyes aimlessly wandered on the street. A group of children were hanging out. They were about 12 year old, and they were speaking really loudly. You looked at them when suddenly you felt something hot in your face and you couldn't see anything.

 

« Eh ? » You cried, your hands reaching your eyes.

 

Your fingers hitted unfamiliar hands. Someone was hiding your sight with his hands.

 

« Guess who this is ? » You heard a deep and velvety voice giggled.

 

You sighed.

 

« Chanyeol ? »

 

You heard him laugh, but he didn't remove his hands.

 

« You said you'd be quick ! » You moaned, unhappy to have waited.

 

His hands were warm and the uncomfortable feeling woken up in your stomach.

 

« Sorry. It took more time than expected. » He apologized. « Now can you please close your eyes ? »

« I already can't see anything. » You said with sarcasm.

« Do what I say and close them ! » He insisted. « Or else, you'll ruin the surprise. »

 

Surprise ?

You felt excitement growing in you. You loved surprises ! But knowing Chanyeol, it would be something weird. You nodded, his hands still covering your eyes.

 

« They're closed. » You replied, your eyes wide opened.

« Really ? If they're not, then you won't have any surprise ! » Chanyeol warned you.

 

You closed them and nodded again, excited. The mention of the surprise made you forget about the little « accident » at the aquarium. You still felt disturbed, but you left that in a corner of your mind. It was your birthday and it wasn't the right time to let weird feelings get to your head. You made small jumps on your sit.

 

« Bring it on ! » You said, clapping your hands together.

 

Slowly, Chanyeol removed his hands from your face. You heard him moving next to you and putting something on the table. Weird, you didn't hear any paper rustle. So it wasn't packed ? You quietly kept your eyes closed and tried to keep calm. Since it was a surprise from Chanyeol, you shouldn't expect something amazing. You wouldn't even be surprised if he was giving you a pencil from his pencilcase as a present. But the intention was already making you happy so whatever it was, you would accept it gladly. You heard him sit in front of you and coughed.

 

« You can open your eyes now. » He said.

 

Gently, you opened it. You blinked several to adjust to the light. He was in front of you, his hair messier than ever. He was slightly out of breath and his cheeks were pink. Chanyeol smiled before pointing at what was waiting for you on the table. Your eyes smoothly followed the direction he was indicating and landed on the « surprise ».

Oh.

Your heart melted.

A cupcake was set on the table. It was small and covered with pink and blue sugar and cream. Tiny glitters were decorating it, and on the top was pitched a candle. You looked at Chanyeol, stunned. He gave your a wide smile and made a « Tada ! » pose.

 

« Happy Birthday~! » He cheerfully sang.

 

Your eyes got back to the birthday cupcake. You didn't know what to say.

 

« Wait... you don't like it ? » He asked, worried.

 

You shook your head.

 

« N-No... It's perfect. » You said with a weak voice.

 

Your lips curled into a genuine smile and your eyes were stinging. Oh come on ! That was just a cake ! You weren't going to cry for such a little thing ? Right...? You stared at the cake with a warm sensation in your chest. From all the things Chanyeol could give you, this was the best. Gently, you grabbed the cupcake and looked at it. It was so delicate and yet clumsily decorated.You had to admit, you felt touched. Touched because it was simple and yet important.

 

« You're supposed to blow out the candles, you know. » Chanyeol joked.

 

You laughed and put it back on the table. Your heart was dancing in your chest and you could feel heat in your cheeks. Instead of blowing out the candles, you closed your eyes and clenched your fists.

 

« What are you doing ? » Chanyeol asked, giving you a strange look.

« Shhh ! » You whispered, your eyes still closed.  « I'm making a wish. »

 

You mentally formulated a wish before opening your eyes. Now, you could blow the candles out. Taking a deep breath, you blew air under the excited applause of Chanyeol. The fire became smoke, and you clapped your hands too with a smile.

 

« What did you wish for ? » Chanyeol asked, removing the candle from the top of the birthday cupcake.

 

A mysterious grin crossed your face.

 

« I can't tell you. » You said, grabbing the cupcake. « Or else it will never happen. »

 

You didn't really know why, but right at this moment, Kai's word echoed in your head, just like a bad premonition.

 

« ...You'll have to break up with him after a month, so don't get attached. »

 

You felt your heart ached and, as you were pushing this thought away, you cut the cupacke in two pieces. As long as you were careful, nothing bad would happen.

 

Right ?

__________________________