A New Neighbor [ONE-SHOT]

A New Neighbor [ONE-SHOT]

 

"I hate you" 

 "I hate you too!"

 Those voices woke me up. I yawned and walked outside my room to find my neighbours' argument filled the whole living room. Looking outside the window, I went back to sleep with my earpiece on. 

 Soon, I was woke by the heat from the sun peeking at me through the windows. I took off my earpiece and finally! PEACE! Because they had already went to work. And I walked to the kitchen to search for my breakfast.

 I switched on the television and seated on the sofa. Without knowing, the view outside is darken and I feel hungry again. I went to the kitchen and cooked something for myself. It was then that I noticed it's already 7pm. I didn't ate lunch because I was too engulfed in the drama series. After my dinner, I continue to watch my drama series. After a few episodes, I feel tired watching the drama and I heard the door next door opened. And soon the argument started again.....

 "I really don't understand you!" 

 "Me too!"

 "Aish! I wish you can get out of my sight! I don't want to see you again!"

 "Are you asking me to get lost? You want divorce is it? OKAY! I'll divorce!" 

 Then silent comes after that line. I think it's over now? So I don't want to care about their problem and continue to watch my drama series as that is the only thing that I feel like doing now. They sounded like the drama.. Haha.. Just that murder comes after that. And I don't think that there will be any murder as murder can be very serious case. Then out of the blue, I heard a scream! I rushed to my door and see what happened. But I only saw nothing. Silent filled the whole block again.

 A minute or so, I gave up and wanted to close the door. But a shadow flashed pass the gap of my door and I open the door immediately to see what is it. I saw a man running down the stair instead of taking the lift. I looked over at his house and saw the door widely open. Then my boredom and curiosity had made me open my door and slowly walked towards their house to check what happened. As I stepped into their house, I called out names, "Mrs Lee? Mr Lee? Anyone?" but no one reply. So I walked into their kitchen to check. No one! 

 I saw their bedroom door left open and I slowly opened the door revealing Mrs Lee's lifeless body. "AHHHHHHHH!" I screamed upon seeing this horrible scene! My mind ask me to check if she is still alive or not and call the police and ambulance. But my body won't move. I feel that my body is as stiff as a wood. This is just like how my drama goes! When they argue, they will have fights. And someone will intent to end the fight by leaving or killing. My mouth hanged open and finally I can sense my legs trying to move. I shook my head and slowly approach the lifeless body. I know I am shivering like I am being trapped in a fridge for a long time, but I still took the courage to reach out my finger towards her nose. 

 1,2,3........ No air moving.... She's gone.... I quickly back out of the house and call the police and ambulance. I know that I am panicking while I went back to my house, because I am stammering when I am reporting and you can hear it from my voice. 

 After the phone calls, I hid in my room and tried to stay out of trouble. But that pale face keep popping in my mind. I can't stop it from invading my thoughts. Soon, I heard the siren from the police car and the ambulance getting more and more clearer. Then I heard some footsteps and there are people running into my neighbours' house. So I went to check out whether are they the one I called. There is a chaos outside as all the other neighbours heard the siren and they are all curious of what happened. 

 There is a tall guy that is dressed in a uniform, I assume is the police, turned to me as I was looking at the people running in and out of the house. "Miss, are you the one who called us?" he asked me and started to take out a pen and paper out of no where. I stepped back as I was afraid of him as I had never talk to a policeman before. "Don't be scare! I am a police, my name is Siwon." he showed me his police ID card to confirm his identity. The face on the card is a serious guy with thick eyebrows, but compared to his photo, he looks better in real life. 

 "So Miss, are you the one that called us just now?" he asked again. I nodded a little bit. "How do I address you?" He gave me a smile which I really needed it now. "Errrr... Park ______" I said weakly. "Can you tell me what happened?" Mr Siwon asked me while writing something on the paper. "I... I.." I stammered. "It's okay. You can tell me. No one will hurt you, Miss Park. We will protect you. You are save now." Thus, I told him what I saw and the scenes keep react in my mind as I am telling him. In the end, he helped me summarize. "So you are saying that they argued before the murder or suicide. And when you are checking out, there is a shadow, which is a man, that ran down the stair after a scream. Then when you went in the house, Mrs Lee was died? So you called us." I nodded and he thanked me for spending my time telling him what happened and he left. I quickly closed the door as I saw a lot of people walking pass looking in like I am some kind of animal being trapped in a cage. 

 The next day, it was on every newspapers' headline. 'Man kill wife after asking her to get out of sight', 'Woman suicide found in house dead by her neighbour', 'Drama came to life'. Then my parents brought some newspaper, unlike their normal self, to read because it happened beside our house and they wanted to see what happened. 

 After that day, we have never seen Mr Lee again. And there are a lot of police or whoever walking in and out of the house. I thought drama normally don't come to life because they are too fantasy! But this is just too scary! Mrs Lee's face still will pop in my head out of a sudden and sometimes I dreamt of her telling me something. But I always forget what she told me in my dream when I woke up. I hope she won't keep haunting me until I am old. 

 Weeks later, I went out to buy some food as I had a sudden crave for my favourite food, Strawberry! When I walk out of the lift, there are a lot of furnitures in the way. In fact, it's blocking the whole walkway! I cursed as I am squeezing my way pass those furnitures. Then when I am finally walking freely, a guy knock onto me and I stared at him. "SORRY!" that was the only word that he said to me behind those boxes he is carrying. I peek at the side of his face as he walked pass me. Then I continue to walk towards where my crave brings me to. 

 When I was back, thank god that all the furnitures are already moved away. I can finally see the walkway. But when I walk out of the lift on my floor, again, there are some of the furnitures from just now lying there, outside the lift. I walked to my house and found the neighbour's door open widely again. I wanted to peek inside so I tilt my head and look inside.

 "HELLO NEIGHBOUR!" I jumped as someone said it in my ears loudly. I turned back and saw that cute boy which knock into me just now. "Errrrr.. Hi.." I ran back to my house and closed my door immediately. "what was that? Am I that scary?" I heard he said to himself through the little gap of the door. 

 I don't know why am I giving him this attitude... But I just did.. Maybe it's because he scared me. Or simply, he's new. I peek through the peek hole for awhile and see him trying his best to move the furniture into the house by himself. So I decided to help since I was bored anyway. I slowly opened the door and pop my head out the gap and see whether is he still moving those furnitures. He walked pass my door and notice my little head popping out of the gap and smiled at me. Oh my god! His smile is not just a normal one, but you can clearly see his gums! I wanted to close the door but he stopped me. "WAIT WAIT WAIT!" I looked out and said, "What?" He quickly went in to put down his furniture and ran out just to introduce himself to me. "I am Lee HyukJae! Sorry for scaring you just now. I didn't mean it." He reach out his hand just to shake mine. I just nodded and said, "It's okay. I am Park _____." Then his gummy smile appeared again. "So you live here?" I asked an obvious question. "Ya, I rented it. Because it was cheap and I had to find a place to live for the moment." He replied. "Oh... So you need help with your furnitures?" I asked again. That smile appeared once again while he nodded his head like he took some kind of drugs. "Of course! Then I can also know more about the pretty lady that live next door too!" I know I rolled my eyes, but I did blushed too. 

 So we moved the furnitures and he invited me to stay for a snack at his house. Looks like he is happy that he finally got a house to stay. But does he know about Mrs Lee's death? "Why did you chose to live here?" I asked to confirm. "I thought I told you? It's cheap here and I don't have much money left. So...." He took and sip of his water after answering. I nodded my head and thought whether should I tell him about the case. "Have you been read newspaper?" I unknowingly ask while staring at the cup that is in my hand. "Why? I don't really have the habit of reading newspaper because I don't have money and time to read it." he said to me with a blur face. "Ohhhhh...." I took a sip of the water and I decided to go home since it's quite late already and I don't really feel good in the house. "Are you going home already?" he asked as he saw me stood up. "It's getting late and I think my parents won't like it if they see me disturbing our neighbour." I slowly walk towards the door and wanted to open it. "Okay.. Then see you tomorrow!" he smiled as he open the door for me. When I turned back to waved goodbye, I saw something flashed behind him. My eye widen and I quickly closed the door after a quick wave.

 "What was that?" I asked myself. "Is that Mrs Lee's spirit? Is she going to hurt him? Oh my god!" I keep thinking to myself. "Maybe I should scare him out of the house! Instead of breaking the news to him and he don't believing me and think that I am a weirdo who creates those rumour. Okay! Tonight, I am going to scare him! Hehehehehe..." I ended my thought. 

 Tick! The clock strikes 12am! It's midnight. And it's also scaring time! Hehe! I dressed in white and flips all my long hair from the back of my head to cover up my face. I looked into the mirror and shine a light up from my chin and praise myself for doing a good job. Slowly.. I walked out of my house quietly, not waking anyone. Then I knock on my neighbour's door and flash the light up my chin. Then I saw the door slightly open up but no one yet. I waited and waited. But 10 sec had passed and still no one.. Maybe he scared and ran away leaving the door open? Then when I was about to retreat. The door slowly opened bigger. I turned back but no one was there.... A sudden shiver is sent down my spine as the door opened widely and still no one there. I thought of exploring a little and stepped towards the door and turn my flashlight towards it. The gate was left unlock, allowing me to enter the house easily. 

 I stepped in the house and found nothing. The furnitures are nicely arranged and the place is clean! I went into the master room that Mrs Lee was found and saw HyukJae sleeping soundly. "Weird! If he is sleeping soundly, then who was the one who opened the door for me?" I thought to myself. "Maybe he is acting! Maybe he opened and got scared and wanted to scare me back! HA! Old trick!" 

 I walked towards him and shake his arms, waking him up. "Hey! Mr HyukJae! Wake up!" I called him. 

 BANG! The door of the room slammed by itself! "What what? What happened?" he mumbled as he is still half awake. I pointed to the door and stammered, "t...the... Door.... Just.... Closed............. By itself......." 

 "WHAT?!" Now he is fully awake after what I've said. "You mean.... You didn't close the door?" He asked me. I gave him a quick nod and ran behind him to hide. He walked towards the door and tried as hard as he could. But it won't open. "Aish! Someone must have locked us in here from the outside." he said as he tried another strong pull. "Is.... Is.... It.... Mrs Lee's...... Spirit?" I mumble to myself, remembering what happened in this room. I started praying in every direction and say, "Please don't haunt me! I didn't kill you! I only came to check." 

 HyukJae turned back and saw my crazy action. "What are you doing? And why are you here in the first place? Why are dressed like a ghost?" he started throwing questions at me. "SHHHHHHHH! don't say the G word! Please don't say it." I warned him. "Huh? Okay! You are weird! Tell me what happened?" he sat on the bed beside me and put his hand on my shoulder to calm me down. So I started explaining. "Okay. Don't freak out. But..... This house.... There was a murder... And the newspaper had it on the headlines..... I saw the body..... It was.... Was..... Mrs Lee.... She was killed.... By her husband..... And.... I was here.. Because... Because...." I looked down and continued, "because I wanted to scare you... But I guess Mrs Lee scared me even more... I want to go home now." I felt my face getting wet as I continue, I feel guilty and scared. Then I felt a warm arms around me, drawing me nearly for a warm hug. I hugged him because I was so scare as I started hearing sounds coming from outside. "No wonder this house is so cheap.. Haha.. You are such a failed one. You didn't even scared me but instead you got yourself scared. At least I know now that this house is haunted. And you are a scardy cat that likes me. Hehe." he said in my ears. Upon hearing that, I quickly withdraw from the hug. "I am not a scardy cat! And I don't like you!" I turned away and sat a little further from him.

 BANG! "AHHHHHH!" I screamed and covered my ears and shut my eyes very tightly. "What was that?" HyukJae asked me and lean closer to the door. "Mrs lee..." I said while shivering. "You believe that there is a ghost?" HyukJae pushed my head causing me to fall on the bed flat. "Let me tell you... Look at me!" HyukJae said as he hold my hands away from my ears and forced me to look at him. "There is NO! I repeat, N-O NO ghost in my house! Get it?" I can see the confidence him through his eyes and his gummy smile appears just to make me calm down. 

 I feel that my heart is still beating hard and fast because of just now and maybe HyukJae holding my hands so tightly and him looking into my eyes straight. Then I feel that our distance become closer to each other. 

 Actually, when I am looking at him this close, that gummy smile wasn't so ugly and bad. His eyes do look like a kitty's eyes. His lips are so y and hot. I want to taste them as they look so sweet at the same time. His confidence makes me trusted him so much. I have to say, he is really a cute, hot, y, handsome and cool guy. Is this like or love? 

 Then when our face are about a few inches away from each other, then I closed my eyes thinking that there will be a kiss coming soon. 

 CLASH! I covered my ears and shut my eyes tighter. "You are scared of thunder and lighting too?" he asked me. I didn't reply and I lie on his bed since it's very soft and I am tired. "Are you tired too?" he took another pillow and put it on the floor. "What are you doing?" I asked him upon watching his action. "Sleeping?" he answered with a blur face which is super cute. "Aren't you sleeping on the bed?" I looked at him. He widen his eyes and opened his mouth slightly. "What?" I asked him. "You mean you want me to sleep beside you?" he asked me back. I didn't thought of that actually. CLASH! I covered my ear. "Can I hold your hand when I am sleeping?" I gave him my puppy eyes. He reached out his hands and place them on his bed. "Anything for a pretty lady that is scared of ghost and thunder. Hehe." he giggled. I rolled my eyes and hold his warm hands closer to me. I was really scare. Because the moment I think that this room is where I last see Mrs Lee, I freaked out.

 I closed my eyes trying to sleep. But those warm hands keep moving in my arms. "Can you stop moving?" I asked with my eyes still closed. "For your information, my hands are on the bed. And my body is on the floor. Do you think that it will be comfortable?" he argued back. "Fine! Just don't move so much." I interlocked our fingers so that I can control his movement more. Soon, I can no longer hear the thunder sound. I slept...

 I had a nightmare. A very bad one. The whole me-discovering-Mrs-Lee's-death experience repeated. But this is worse! I can't even run away this time! I am staring the the body and slowly backing up to the wall. But I felt a hand holding me. I turned around and it was only a hand! It came out of nowhere just to grab me! I shook the hand away and started running like a maniac. Then a pair of arms hugged me from the back and I can't shake it off! The grip was too strong. Then I feel a warmth coming from the back, slowly getting closer and closer. Then the scene became a not-so-nightmare scene. It's more like a lovely dream. I turned back, hoping to see the mystery person that is hugging me, but I didn't get a chance. A siren woke me up. I was forced to open my eyes to see that HyukJae is hugging me, he is just a few inch away. And I wanted to free myself from his grip, in stead, he hugged me even closer. Being closer to his chest, I feel the warmth even more. But the irritating siren won't stop! I tried my best and remembered that the siren was the same that I heard when Mrs Lee died. "Why is the police here?" I thought to myself. 

 "Anybody in there?" I heard a knock while that person is shouting. "Yes! Help us!" I shouted back and HyukJae opened his eyes to register the situation. BANG! The door swing open upon a strong kick. "Are you okay?" I saw Mr Siwon asking us. HyukJae let go of me immediately after he saw the door swing open. Then we both sat up on the bed, still unknown of the situation outside. "What happened?" HyukJae finally opened his mouth. "Mr Lee came back. He locked the both of you in here while he is searching for the money that is leftover. But he found out that most of the furniture that are new, so he searched for more valuable items. Since he had no place to stay, he stay overnight here. He was about to escape while someone reported police and the police came in time to stop his plan." Mr Siwon explained. We just nodded our heads like dumbfounded and we get to a safe distance between us. Then the police said they need to bring Mr Lee back to the police station for more investigation and we need to follow Mr Siwon to the police station because they wanted to confirm what happened. 

 After the report, I walked out of the police station, walking back towards my block. "Hey! Wait for me!" somebody called out. I turned back and saw HyukJae running towards me. I look at him as he ran towards me. "What?" he managed to say between his little breaths. I shook my head and continued to walk back. "YAH!" he pulled my hand and made me swing back as the force was too hard. He hugged me to prevent me from falling. "What do you want?!" I shouted at him while freeing myself from his hug. He let go and apologized. I continued to stomp towards my block as I can feel a sudden awkward feeling that will make the whole situation embarrassing. "Can we just talk?" he shouted. I turned back and he walked up to me. "Errr... Sorry for the shouting part... And last night...." he stammered. I quickly turned around to avoid eye contact and hoping that he won't see me blushing. "Last night? What happened? Nothing happened! Okay! See you! Bye!" I answered myself and walked even faster this time. Then I feel a pairs of arms around my waist, preventing me from walking anymore. This feeling is just like the one that I had in my dream. The warmth of someone behind me. But this time I know who is behind me. I was enjoying this moment until I remembered who is the one that is hugging me from the back. I wanted to free myself again. But he won't let. He tighten his grip and whispered in my ear, asking me to stay at where I am. I have to admit, the whisper was quite sweet and soft, like those that only couple can have. But we are not a couple. We are just neighbours for a day only, but the feeling is like we have known each other for a long time......

 I finally opened my mouth, "Let me go." He turned me to face him and he cupped my face with his sweaty but warm hands. Our eyes met and we had eye contact. For the moment there, I thought I was going to be melted by his beautiful eyes. But I pulled myself back and before I knew it, it was those soft, tempting lips crashing into mine. I know I widen my eyes before I closed them. I have the feeling of happiness until he removed his lips from mine. I opened my eyes and he was looking at me already. "I don't have a place to stay again. The police need me to move out of there as the government wants to take back the house." he said which made me feel like falling from heaven to hell. "Then where are you going?" I manage to ask. "I don't know. I need to find another house now. Sorry..." he explained and I keep shaking my head as I don't want him to leave my side. That 'Sorry' is just so hurting.

 So this is the end of our so called friendship? I haven't know him well enough. I want to know more about him! In fact, I want to spend more time with him, even though the first few time it was bad, but I still want to prank on him! And I think...... I kind of like him....... I just don't want him to leave my side! 

 "Why not move into my house?" I told him, "There is a spare room. Actually its my brother's, but he moved out and that room is empty since then." He widen his eyes and said very cheerfully, "REALLY?! Then when can I move in?" 

 And with that, our friendship continues and it evolved into a relationship. The end~ But..... Suddenly, I remembered something..... Remember that day? If those noises outside are from Mr Lee.... Then who is the one who opened the door for me to go in the house? And is it me or is that flash real? No one knows........


 
-END-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Please comment on what you think.. I am thinking should I continue to write 1 shot or longer FF >< And is it scary? I think it is when you read it without the lights on. ><