Chapter 6

Can't I be the one?

**OMG SORRY LATE UPDATE! You guys can throw kimbap triangles at my face or something! OTL I feel really bad because I keep updating late but my exams are finished! So you guys can rejoice at my sooner updates after that haha. <3 Also sorry this chapter may bore some of you  but it's long so, enjoy!~~

Thursday went by slower than the day before, classes droned on and even lunch . Tao said he had a meeting to get to so he couldn't sit with you at lunch, not that it mattered as you had to stay inside to finish some leftover classwork. 
You felt drained today, you woke up late so you didn't have time to eat breakfast or even pack yourself any lunch.
Your stomach grumbled the whole day, you felt like you were going to die of starvation, you anticipated coming back home from the moment you left for school in the morning. Today, was just not your day.
As the school bell rang you gathered your stuff and bolted out of the classroom at the speed of light. 
You quickly waved and said goodbye to Tao and ran home again.

Once you got home you chucked your bag on the floor and raced to the fridge, only to find half a carton of milk and and a single slice of bread. 
"AISH _____ you forgot to go shopping!" you said out loud whilst slamming the fridge door. 
You checked the cupboards and only found a cornflakes box and a couple of other useless items.
"these aren't going to satisfy me." You said as you heard your tummy grumble for the millionth time today. 
You decided to visit the local shop to get something to eat. Anything would work right now, even a stale bag of chips would do it for you.
You quickly changed out of your school uniform and into a hoodie and a pair of jeans.
_____________________________________________________________________________
You walked down hurriedly to your local convenient store, your stomach felt like it was going to explode.
you quickly walked through the door and without a second to loose you got a basket, grabbed a large packet of chips, a couple of packets packets of ramen, quite a few  Kimbap triangles and 4 bottles of banana  milk.
"so much for healthy eating"  you mumbled as you got in line to pay for your items. 
You were just about to go to the checkout when suddenly out of nowhere a man pushed in front of you. "Sorry kid I'm in a rush, wait a bit." he said pushing you aside. Usually you would've let this slide but today you were hungry and tired and there was no way this man was getting his things before you.
But before you could say anything the girl at the counter erupted "YAH! What do you think you're doing? Do you want a slap? Move to the back of the queue! "
The man was startled, as were you. You looked up at the girl and you were taken back slightly "ommo!" You whispered quietly.
In front of you was a mesmarisingly beautfiul girl. She had long flowing hair, flawless pale skin and her eyes were a deep blue colour. Your jaw dropped "Is she a model or something?" You thought to yourself.

You were woken from your trance by the man shouting back at her "Yah! You need to respect your elders, who do you think you're talking to?" 
The girl at the counter's eyes bulged out, she looked like she was going to jump over the counter and kill him. Instead she took a deep breath and said "look I don't respect people who don't give respect to others...Especially old greasy men like you. Now please, leave."   Her eyes were intense and fiery. 

"But my thi-" The man said timidly
"GET OUT!" she shouted, pointing to the door.
The man dumped his things on the side and exited the store. Before he walked out the door he yelled "You're a disgrace to women everywhere go fix your mouth...." The man said stropping off.
Now an awkward silence filled the room, you were the only one in the store now. You and the girl behind the counter turned to face each other and burst out laughing. It was too funny to hold in. "What a crazy ahjussi, right?" the girl said pointing towards the door. 
You nodded in agreement, still laughing. You put your things on the counter and the girl proceeded to scan your items. Whilst she was scanning you noticed her uniform, It was the same as yours "Hey, do you go to Yongwha high?" You said pointing to her blazer. 
"Yeah I do. " she nodded.
"oh, I go there too." You said placing more and more items onto the counter.
The girl looked up at you  "Really? But I've never seen you before." she said, puzzled.
"Yeah I only started school on monday. I moved here from overseas." 
"Ahh now I see." She said nodding understandingly. 
"By the way I'm Eun jung." She said holding out her hand and smiling.
(A/N I changed her name, sorry the name Sang-dae didn't fit her right..)
You stretched out your hand and shook hers "well hey there Eun jung, I'm ____." 
You smiled and proceeded to pay for your Items.  "well I'll see you at school tomorrow." Eun jung waved at you as you walked out the door. 
You waved back and exited the store. You were going to head home and eat but your stomatch had other plans, it grumbled so loudly as if to say "if you don't eat now I'm going implode." 
You found a bench not far from the store and decided to sit there and eat  your food. You opened one of the kimbap triangles and stuffed your face. You shoveled the food into your mouth  "oh my god this fpk is fj so dfdjb good." you said to yourself, rice sputtering everywhere. 

You continued stuffing your face whilst taking sips of banana milk in between, when suddenly.
"_____, is that you?" a voice called behind you. 
You turned around slowly, your mouth still full of rice. "slfjkbk Kai?!" you said.
Kai smiled and shook his head "figures." 
You scrunched your nose and swallowed what was in your mouth.
"How comes I always bump into randomly?" you said tapping your chin with your finger. 
Kai shrugged and sat on the bench beside you. 
A shiver went up your spine but you thought it was probably due to evening breeze.
You offered Kai and kimbap triangle but he turned it down. 
"So is this how you always eat or..?" Kai trailed off.
"like what?" You said squinting your eyes.
"like an animal who hasn't eaten for decades."  Kai said getting closer looking you up and down.
You laughed and punched his arm lightly.  Very funny smart guy I'll get you back for that.
"So I heard you go to Yongwha high, how comes I haven't seen you around?" You said
"Oh yeah, well I've been...i'll." Kai said. 

You noticed from time to time that Kai would rub the bottom of his back like some old grandpa or something.
"hey Kai, is your back okay?" you said opening the large packet of chips.
Kai quickly took his hand off his tailbone and smiled.
"o-of course it's fine, why would you say something like that?" Kai said uncomfortably.
You stopped munching on your chips and pokerfaced Kai. Does he think I'm stupid?
"Kai, I'm not an idiot you know. Tell me, what's wrong?" You said placing your hand on kai's shoulder.
Kai sighed heavily, he knew there was no way he could get out of this. You baisically already knew anyways.
"Okay fine, I hurt my back while dancing on Monday okay? I didn't want to make a big fuss so I didn't tell anyone."
"What?" you said your eyes bulged.
Kai turned around and raised his shirt to reveal bandages stripped all over his lower back.
You gasped and covered your mouth "oh my god Kai are you okay?" You said rubbing his shoulder
Kai nodded and smiled. "I'll be fine _____, Thanks."
You smiled and shared your chips with Kai. As you two munched away you heard a loud noise come from Kai's pocket 
KROOONG.
You jumped, sending chips flying in the air. "OMMO!"
Kai blushed and took his phone out of his pocket. KROOONG. The phone rang again.
You blinked at Kai confused and startled "Booyah?" You said hugging the chips packet. 
"Sorry, i-it's my message ringtone." Kai said trying to shut it off.
KROOONG. The phone rang again. 

You were trying to contain yourself but you couldn't help but laugh a little "oh my god what is that?" You said still snickering.
"You know...pororo? Yeah well my favorite characters Krong...so I made him my ringtone."
You sat there in silence trying to comprehend what has just happened "but isn't pororo a children's programme?" You said
"NO IT'S NOT! It's a show for all ages!" Kai snapped.
Kai seemed genuinely hurt so you decided to applogize "Okay I'm sorry, forgive me...oppa?" You said doing some aegyo.
Kai loved it when people called him Oppa...even his noonas Kai smiled and ruffled your hair "alright pabo."
You started eating again whilst Kai texted back on his phone.
"how comes you were here in the first place?" you said as Kai tucked his phone back into his pocket.
"oh i'm waiting for my girlfriend, but she stood me up." Kai laughed dryly.
"oh...i'm sorry." You said awkwardly.
"It's okay she does this all the time." Kai said tapping his thigh with his fingers.
you munching chips was the only sound that could be heard now, apart from the cars that would drive past every now and then. Awkward.
"so how long have you and...your girlfriend known each other? Tell me everything." You said trying to break the ice.
Kai smiled and turned towards you. "Well I've liked Sooyoung ever since I was fourteen...I was a loser and she was popular,beautiful and rich. So of course I didn't have a chance with her. I just watched from afar for 2 years, till one day she actually talked to me! After a while we became really close friends and then we started dating. Blah blah blah...a year later we're still together. Although recently she's been quite busy so I can't always be with her." Kai said slightly sad. 

You sensed kai's discomfort and felt slightly sorry for him. "Eyyy don't be like that. I'm sure she misses you just as much!" 
Kai smiled wearily "Thanks, anyways _____ I have to get going now." 
You nodded and checked the time on your phone. WHAT 9:30PM?! WHAT THE HELL?
Your eyes bulged out and you almost choked on your spit, you looked up at Kai and noticed how dark it was now. 
"Kai...It's 9:30." Kai seemed just as surprised as you. "Wah chinca?  We've been talking for a long time. You're really easy to talk to _____"
You blushed "oh thanks you can talk to me anytime you like." 
Kai nodded and got up to leave, he hugged you and waved good bye. As he walked off he turned around and said "oh by the way ____ do me a favour ~ please don't mention my back to Tao or anyone else, okay?" 
You saw the desperation in Kai's eyes, you didn't know why he didn't want anyone to know but you nodded and smiled.
Kai disappeared into the distance after that, and you got up from the bench and got ready to walk home. (A/N No, not using his teleportation power lolol)

Right, now to get home.