Prelude To The Truth

Chae Rin is Missing

 

[Seungri’s POV]

 

Hearing those words from Seungri, it felt different…

 

Whenever I see him, my heart flutters…  Whenever I hear his voice, I flinch…  Whenever he’s near me, I can’t look at him because I’m afraid that he’ll see something in my eyes…

 

It’s because I’m in love with him…  I’m in love with Seungri…  I’m in love with someone whom I thought I’ll never fall in love with…

 

Is he playing with me…?  Is he always like that to all the girls he meet…?  Did he just play a joke on me…?  Did he just give me false hope that he actually liked me…? 

 

I was hurt… badly…  I’m crying here like a baby for the person who gave me the reason to smile everyday and that same person broke my heart into pieces…

 

I feel like an idiot…

 

I should have never fallen for him…!  I should have never loved him this much…!

 

It hurts so badly…!

 

 

It’s seven in the morning. Here I am, sitting at my bed, staring particularly at nothing.  Chae Rin’s voice filled my mind.  I still can’t believe what she told me last night.  She really thought that I was Ji Yong-hyung.  I let it pass because she’s drunk.  When I was supposed to text the others, she said, “It’s about Seungri.”

 

I got curious so I stayed.

 

I never thought that I will hear those words from her.

 

That I am the reason behind her smiles, but I am also the reason why she’s hurting right now.

 

I am such a harsh person.  It’s my fault.

 

And I need to make an action.

 

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.  I don’t care if it’s just seven in the morning.

 

I need to talk to her.

 

Now.

 

-------

 

 

[Chae Rin’s POV]

 

I woke up with a headache, obviously because I got myself wasted last night and I think I passed out.  Luckily, Ji Yong-oppa saw me and stayed with me.  If it wasn’t for him, I don’t know what will happen to me.

 

I tried to sit up but my head is too heavy. Argh~ curse you hangover!

 

So I lay in my bed and thought about last night.

 

Wow.  I have a good memory.  I still remember everything clearly.

 

*sigh* Saying my secret to Ji Yong-oppa, actually, didn’t help at all.  Even the soju didn’t help.  I just got myself drunk and now I have a hangover.

 

The pain still remains.

 

I feel like I’m gonna cry again when I heard a familiar voice.

 

“Noona, is… is Chae Rin awake now?”

 

My heart thumped.  I know who the owner of that voice is.  He’s also the owner of my heart.

 

“No, not yet.  It’s too early.  Do you want me to wake her up?” I heard Bommie-unnie said.

 

“Ani.  Let her sleep more.  I’ll just wait here.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yeah.  I’ll be fine.”

 

“If you haven’t eaten breakfast yet, the kitchen is open for you to cook.  Just don’t touch my corn.  Feel at home, okay?”

 

“Sure, noona.  Thank you.”

 

“Okay.  I’ll be going now.  Dara and Minzy are waiting for me at the fitness room,” then I heard the door opened then close.

 

Wait.  What did Bommie-unnie say?

 

I’ll be going now.  Dara and Minzy are waiting for me at the fitness room.

 

HOLY COW! I’m left here with Seungri?!

 

It’s like my headache had subsided when my brain digested the truth.  Why is he here?  What is he doing here? Why is he looking for me?

 

I can’t face him – oh wait a sec.  Why can’t I face him?  He doesn’t know what I feel.  I can face him but I think my heart can’t.  Seeing him makes it harder for me to forget the pain.

 

But I have to be strong.  I’m sure Ji Yong-oppa didn’t tell my secret to him.

 

I went to the bathroom in my room to clean myself first.  After 30 minutes or so of preparing, I opened the door and I saw him standing in front of me, holding a tray with breakfast in it.

 

We stared at each other for quite some time.

 

“Uhm…”

 

“Ahh…”

 

We said at the same time.

 

“I… I cooked breakfast for you,” he said, not looking in my eyes.

 

“Oh.  T-thank you.  Let’s just eat at the dining room,” I said and passed by him.

 

I can feel that he’s following me, and my heart just can’t stop doing cartwheels.  I opened the fridge and drank water first to calm myself down before sitting at the table.

 

Seungri served the food and sat in front of me.  This is the very first time that a guy cooked me breakfast.  I smiled inwardly.

 

We ate in silence.  But I can feel that he’s looking at me.  I looked up and caught him staring.

 

“Are you feeling better?” he asked.

 

I nodded.

 

“Chae Rin-ah, I have… I have something to say to you.”

 

“About what?”

 

Seungri drank water first.  “It’s about… about last night…”

 

I choked.  He immediately stood up and gave me a glass of water and patted my back lightly.

 

“T-thanks.  What about last night?” I said, hiding the nervousness in my voice.

 

“Let’s finish eating first.  You might choke on your food again,” he said.

 

So we did that.  We started eating first in silence – again.  This is very awkward~

 

When we finished, we cleaned up and sat on the table.

 

“So… What is it that you’re gonna tell me?”

 

“Last night, you got drunk right?  And Ji Yong-hyung was the one who saw you.”

 

“Yes…”

 

“Chae Rin-ah, what if… what if I tell you that Ji Yong-hyung is not the one with you last night?  Would you believe me?”

 

“No.  I’m very sure it’s Ji Yong-oppa,” I answered, kinda feeling uneasy because of his question.

 

“Chae Rin, it’s not Ji Yong-hyung who accompanied you last night.”

 

My eyebrows met.  What is he talking about?  I’m pretty sure it’s Ji Yong-oppa.  The clothes are very G-Dragon-ish, even if he’s on disguise.

 

“Okay okay.  If it wasn’t Ji Yong-oppa, then who is it?”

 

He looked at me in the eyes.

 

“The guy last night was… that guy was me.”