The Truth

Chae Rin is Missing

 

[Author’s POV]

 

“You’re kidding right?” Chae Rin asked with a shaky voice.

 

Seungri shook his head.

 

“I won’t believe you until… until you give me proofs.”

 

He sighed. “You drank two bottles of soju.  You’re wearing a hoodie and shades.  You… talked about me.”

 

Chae Rin’s eyes widened.  She covered with her hands.

 

“S-so it’s y-you…  It’s really you…?”

 

Seungri nodded.  “I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you last night that I’m not –”

 

Chae Rin stood up, her eyes becoming watery.

 

“S-so you knew,” she can feel a lump at again and it makes speaking difficult for her.  “Y-you knew e-everything….”

 

Once again, he nodded.

 

Chae Rin walked out and went to her room.  Seungri followed her while calling her name.

 

Seungri didn’t manage to enter her room because she shut it closed in his face and locked it.

 

He knocked at the door.  Even for him, seeing her in this state, it’s very difficult.

 

“Chae Rin-ah…  Let’s talk about this, please…”

 

“Go away!” she screamed.  She’s sitting at the floor while hugging her knees, leaning at the door, crying.

 

“Please…” Seungri sat at the floor and leaned at the door, too.

 

“No…” Chae Rin whispered.

 

“You leave me no choice then,” he said. “Please listen…”

 

Chae Rin didn’t want to hear a thing but her heart wanted to.  She continued crying silently while waiting for him to speak.

 

“When I told you that you’re beautiful,” he started, “I said that because it’s the truth.  You really are beautiful, Chae Rin.  And will you believe me when I say that at that time, I also felt very happy, too?  I may have told that phrase to a lot of girls but when I told that to you, it really came from my heart.

 

“I was planning to say that to you for a long time now, but I don’t have the courage.  But I thought I have to say it to you.  You don’t know how happy I was back then.  I watched you perform that night and I was smiling from ear to ear.

 

“And about the Rilakumma keychain, I gave that to you because I know how you adore Rilakumma.  When I saw that in the store, I remembered you.  With no second thoughts, I bought it.  And I’m thrilled that you put it in your phone for everyone to see.”

 

Chae Rin listened to every word Seungri is saying.  She wiped her tears but remained sitting.

 

Seungri, on the other hand, didn’t know when to start talking about the truth.

 

“Are you still there?” Chae Rin said when Seungri stopped talking.

 

Seungri flinched upon hearing her voice. “Uhm, yeah…”

 

He cleared his throat first.  Gathering all the courage, he stood up and said, “Can I –”

 

But he was cut off when the door opened.  Chae Rin looked at him with puffy eyes from all the crying she made.  She nodded to Seungri and he took it as an invitation to enter her room.

 

He entered the room and sat at her bed.  She sat beside Seungri but still she kept her distance.

 

“Chae Rin,” he started, “I’m really sorry if I hurt you because of what I did last night at Inkigayo.  You do know that I love having numbers of different idols.”

 

“But why do you have to say the same thing to her?”

 

“That’s my only catch phrase.”

 

“So you used it on me, too…”

 

Seungri can’t take it anymore.  He closed their distance and held Chae Rin’s hands.

 

“I told you that when I said that to you, it came from my heart, didn’t I?”

 

“But still –”

 

“When I tell those words to others, I’m only saying it out of politeness.”

 

Chae Rin looked at Seungri and he did the same.

 

“Chae Rin-ah, I didn’t play a joke on you.  You wanna know why?”

 

“Why?”

 

Seungri caressed Chae Rin’s face. “Because I’m in love with you.  I’m in love with you for so long.”

 

She looked at him with a shocked expression.  Who wouldn’t be shocked?  The guy you love just confessed to you that he feels the same.  Again, who wouldn’t be shocked?!

 

He chuckled. “How do you manage to look beautiful even when you have that stunned expression on your face?”

 

“I…”

 

Seungri slowly pulled Chae Rin’s face close to him, their lips almost touching.

 

“I love you, Chae Rin-ah,” Seungri whispered before he passionately kissed her.

 

Chae Rin had her eyes open at first.

 

“Oh my gaaahd~ He’s kissing me!!!” she thought.

 

But when the fact the he’s kissing her sank in her brain, Chae Rin slowly closed her eyes and responded to Seungri’s kiss.

 

She held on to Seungri’s hand that was holding her face.

 

Their kiss became deeper when suddenly…

 

“Yah~! Ji! What was that about?!”

 

“What the…? You alien~!!!”

 

Seungri and Chae Rin broke their kiss and looked at the door, and there they are.

 

Ji Yong, Seunghyun, Youngabe, Daesung, Dara, Bom and Minzy are peeking.

 

Seungri looked at Chae Rin with a smile on his face. “You didn’t close the door?”

 

“I thought I closed it…” she said while biting her finger.

 

They stood up and went out of the room.  They gathered in the living room.  Seungri and Chae Rin sat beside each other and he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

 

“Yah, did you know that you just spoiled a magical moment? Huh?!” Seungri said.

 

“Blame them!” the Park sisters pointed their fingers to Ji Yong and Seunghyun.

 

“What?” the boys innocently said while hiding their smiles.

 

“Don’t you ‘what’ us!  Why did you kiss me?!” Bom shouted at Seunghyun.

 

“Yeah! You too! Why did you kiss me?” Dara imitated Bom.

 

“It’s just a peck on the cheek, noona,” Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders. “And I got envious!  I want to kiss someone, too!”

 

Bom had her eyes in slits while looking at Seunghyun but you can’t hide the fact that she’s blushing.

 

“Same with hyung here, I got jealous, too!  I missed kissing you – oops!” Ji Yong covered his mouth with his hand.

 

“JI YOOOOOOONG~!!!” Dara squealed while covering her face.

 

Youngbae, Daesung and Minzy are just happily watching the hyungs and noonas bicker.

 

While Seungri nudged Chae Rin, who is chuckling because of her oppas and unnies.

 

“What?” she asked.

 

“Where were we?” he said, grinning.

 

Chae Rin smiled.  Seungri pulled her again for a kiss.

 

They were sharing a lovely kiss when…

 

“YAH! YOU TWO! WILL YOU PLEASE STOP KISSING ALREADY! IT’S ONLY 8 O’ CLOCK IN THE MORNING!” Ji Yong and Seunghyun shouted at them.

 

But they didn’t break the kiss until they are satisfied.

 

“Wae? Does kissing supposed to have a schedule?” Chae Rin asked.

 

“You’re good,” Seungri said. “Why don’t you guys leave us alone and kiss someone, too?”

 

“OH BOM-NOONA~!!!”

 

“OH DARA-YAH~!!!”

 

The boys shouted.

 

“KYAAAAAH~!!!” the Park sisters run for their lives when the boys chased them around the house.

 

“Oppa, have you eaten breakfast already?” Minzy asked Youngbae and Daesung.

 

“Nope, not yet,” they answered.

 

“Then I’ll cook something for you.  Let’s go to the kitchen,” Minzy stood up.

 

“Sweet!” Youngbae and Daesung cheered and went to the kitchen.

 

“Where were we again?” Chae Rin asked innocently.

 

“You’re becoming me now,” Seungri said smiling then he pinched Chae Rin’s nose.

 

“I love you, Seungri,” Chae Rin said before they shared their third kiss.  And there is no one who can disturb them now, not even the four people who are running and screaming around the house.