Final

Happy birthday!

It was that time of year again. The day a person was born. On May 22, it is Suho’s, real name Kim Joomyeon, birthday. Fangirls carrying gifts for Suho crowded the halls as they stood by his classroom door, where he was diligently working. The crowd of girls moved apart to make way for the EXO-K members as they approached the classroom. Girls screamed left and right at the handsome group of young men.

“Kai oppa!!!” “Sehun ah!!!!” “Chanyeollie!!!” “Baekhyun oppa!!!” “D.O.!!!” they screamed.

The boys flashed smiles towards the girls, causing more screams to erupt through the hallways.

Chaehwan sighed as she looked down as her hand grasped her own gift she wanted to give to Suho. “I guess I can’t give him his gift.”

As the screams started to get fainter, she noticed that most of the girls were in the classroom to give Suho his birthday gifts. How can no one like Suho? He was a total gentleman, he was a model student (just like Chaehwan) as he worked really hard, he’s the head kingka of EXO-K at school, and most importantly, he has a smile that can cause people to smile or even kill.

She sighed again, only to be scared by her friend, Joojin. She was looking at Chaehwan with crossed arms across her chest and a raised eyebrow, “You’re sighing again. Is it Suho related?”

“Shhhhh…” Chaehwan shushed her friend as she covered her friend’s mouth with her hand.

Joojin rolled her eyes as she took Chaehwan’s hand away from , “Hwannie. That’s gross. What if you forgot to wash your hands after wiping.”

“Unnie!!!” She slapped Joojin on the shoulder. “I wash my hands! You know that I care about hygiene!”

“Whatever.” She looked into Chaehwan’s locker and spotted the nicely wrapped present. Joojin grabbed it and examined the small box. She shook it to hear what could be inside. “What could be in this obvious jewelry box shaped box? A bracelet maybe?” she guessingly teased.

Chaehwan blushed as she quickly grabbed Suho’s gift away from her friend’s grasp and placed it back into her locker, closing the locker door. “It doesn’t matter anymore. I’m not even going to give it to him.”

 

“Morago? Waeyo? You bought it for him with your hard earned money and you’re not even going to give it to him anymore?” Joojin asked in exaggeration.

Just as you were going to explain yourself, the hall erupted with loud screams once again. The two girls turned to see the door of Suho’s classroom opened and out came EXO-K with Suho leading them out. “Happy birthday Suho oppa!” echoed numerous times throughout the hallway. He would nicely smile and bow his head slightly at them.

Joojin suddenly called out, “Suho oppa!” as she raised her hand to get his attention. He finally looked at her, “Happy birthday!” she smiled and nudged Chaehwan to greet him as well.

Chaehwan shyly bowed her head, “Happy birthday Suho oppa.”

Then there goes her heart as Suho smiled at the two girls. “Thanks Joojin ah.” Then he locked eyes with Chaehwan. “And thank you Chaehwannie.” He patted her head and continued off to walk off with his friend trailing behind him to get lunch.

As the hall started to quiet down, Chaehwan was still dazed at her encounter with Suho. Joojin patiently waited till her friend snapped back to reality. As it seemed like it wasn’t going to happen sooner than she wanted it to, Joojin snapped her fingers in front of Chaehwan’s face, finally bringing her back to life.

“Wah~” Joojin looked at her watch. “You passed the 5 minute mark for being dazed by Suho oppa. That’s a new record Hwannie.” Joojin clapped at her friends achievement.

Chaehwan blushed, “Shut up unnie!” She quickly walked away from her friend. As Joojin watched her friend walk away, she smirked.

*******************

After finally ending her classes for the day, Chaehwan walked back to her locker to put her books back. As she opened it, she placed her books back in and shut it closed. She started her way to go to the library but then stopped in her tracks. Something seemed to be missing. Chaehwan quickly walked up to her locker and noticed that Suho’s gift was gone.

Her eyes widened. (O_____O ßD.O. eyes. Lol xDD) “Nononononononono. It can’t be missing. I put it back in here.” She quickly took her backpack and emptied It on the hallway floor, desperately searching for the gift. “Omo. Where is it?!” She started to freak out.

“Chaehwan ah?” a voice asked.

She looked up, getting a shock as she saw Suho curiously approaching her. “S-Suho oppa…”

He crouched down in front of her. “Gwenchanayo?”

“I-I’m fine!” Chaehwan blurted out as she quickly began to pack her things back into her bag. Suho nicely helped her gather her things. As she stood up, her head accidentally hit the edge of her locker door. “Owww..”

“Oh. Gwenchana?” Suho grabbed hold of her. He cupped his hand under her chin, beginning to examine her head to see if it was okay. The feeling of his fingertips running through her hair made her go crazy. She lightly pushed him away, earning a confused look from him.

“I’m okay Suho oppa. Komaowo.” She bowed her head.

Suho smiled. He closed her locker door. “You’re welcome Chaehwannie. I have to take care of my favorite dongsaeng.”

She stared up at him, “Favorite dongsaeng?”

“Of course! You’re a model student like me. Model students must stick together.” He patted her head, causing Chaehwan to flinch. “Oh! Mianhae. I forgot.” Before she could tell him that it was okay, she felt a warm feeling on her head. Suho backed away after kissing her head. As he looked at her, Chaehwan shyly looked away as blushed crept up on her cheeks.

“Oy! Suho hyung!!!” a voice yelled from across the hallway. They both looked up to see his friends. They waved him over, “Come on! You can’t miss your own birthday party birthday boy!”

“I’m coming!” he yelled back at his friends. Suho turned back to look at Chaehwan. “I should be going now. I’ll see you later.” He started to leave.

“Suho oppa. Chakkaman…” Suho curiously looked at her. “I wanted to give you a present for your birthday.”

“Cheolmalyo?” His eyes lit up. “You didn’t have to give me a present Chaehwan.”

She nervously laughed, “Nae…but I lost it.” She looked down, embarrassed.

“Chincha?” He looked sad, but then he smiled. “I know what you could give me as a birthday present.” Chaehwan curiously looked up at him. “A kiss.”

Her eyes widened. (O___O ßD.O. eyes again.) “M-Moh…”

He tapped his cheek. “Just a kiss on the cheek. Don’t worry.’ He chuckled.

She swallowed hard as Suho lowered his face close to hers. As she leaned forward towards his cheek, his friends called him over. “KIM JOOMYEON!!! We’re going to be late!” His friends snickered as Chaehwan became flustered and quickly backed away.

Suho straightened up, “Aish those kids…” he muttered to himself. He looked apologetically at her, “I should really be going now.”

Chaehwan smiled, “Nae.” She rubbed the back of her neck nervously, “Happy birthday again Suho oppa.”

Before she knew it, Suho planted a kiss on her left cheek. He whispered in her ear, “Thank you again Chaehwannie. You can give me my kiss later.” He backed away, winked as he smiled his killer smile, and ran up to his friends. She stood there alone in the hallway, stunned at what just happened. Touching her cheek, smiling like an idiot.

***********************

As a couple of weeks past, Chaehwan finally gave up on finding Suho’s gift. She had to focus more on her studies. But the days after Suho’s birthday until now, Chahewan has been getting a lot of secret admirer notes wherever she went. Some were words of encouragement, some noting that she looked beautiful and not overwork herself.

Whenever she found them, she couldn’t help but to smile and have a tingly feeling in her chest. On a special day, she found a bouquet of roses on her desk. Chaehwan approached her desk and found a card.

Happy birthday my beautiful flower.

I hope you have a great day.

I want to finally reveal myself to you at lunch.

Is room 32A okay?

I’ll be waiting for you Chaehwan.

-Secret admirer

Chaehwan nervously put the card down as she took a seat. Just then, the card was snatched out of her hand. She looked up to see Joojin reading the card. Joojin looked down at her friend. “Are you really going to meet this guy?”

“Mollayo. I want to because I want to know who he is, but at the same time, I don’t because I might hurt his feelings.”

“I suggest you go.” Joojin bluntly commanded.

“Waeyo?” Chaehwan looked at her for an answer.

Joojin shrugged her shoulders as she took her seat next to Chahewan’s desk, “It’s better to tell him straight to his face that you’re not interested.”

Chaehwan curiously looked at the bouquet and the card. Why was her chest suddenly having this tight feeling? Before she knew it, it was lunch time. She made her way to the classroom where her secret admirer planned to meet her. As she got there, the room was empty except for one occupied seat. Suho looked up at her, “Chaehwan ah…”

Her heart tightened. ‘Great. My secret admirer wanted to meet me in a classroom that Suho oppa is in? I better leave before he comes in.’ “Ahh… Mianhaeyo. I’ll just leave.” She started to leave, but was stopped by Suho.

“Chakkaman…” he ran up to her and grabbed her wrist. He closed the door as Suho didn’t want to be disturbed with his time with Chaehwan. “I wanted to talk to you.”

He let go of her wrists and walked up to his desk. “What did you want to talk about Suho oppa?”

Suho took out a pad of sticky notes, a receipt, and a nicely wrapped present that looked similar to the one she had lost. She stared at him. “Do these things look familiar to you?” he asked.

Chaehwan looked at the pad of sticky notes and got a flashback of the notes her secret admirer. Her eyes widened as her fingers opened up the crumpled receipt as it read Lyn’s Flower Shop as well as that 1 bouquet of roses was purchased. Suho took her hands in his and smiled, “Do you know who I am now?”

She gasped, “Y-You’re my secret admirer?” He confidently nodded his head.

“I have liked you for a very long time Chaehwan ah.” He held out his right arm and lifted up the sleeve to see a silver bracelet clasped around his wrist. “And I wanted to thank you for this.”

“My gift!” She grasped his wrist and looked at the bracelet, examining it. After seeing the engraving of his real name, she realized it really was the gift she got him, “Where did you find it?”

He chuckled, “Surprisingly, I found it in my locker.”

“Your locker? How did it get in there?” she scratched her head in confusion.

Suho opened his desk again and took out a note. He handed it to Chaehwan for her to read.

Hey Suho oppa. It’s Joojin.

This is a gift from Chaehwan ah. She was too shy to give it to you.

I gave this to Chanyeollie oppa to put in your locker.

Happy birthday again!!!

Chaehwan crumpled the paper as her hand created a fist. “Kim Joojin… I should’ve known it was her. She knows my locker combination. Oh when I get my hands on her, I’ll-“ Before she could finish her sentence, a present was held in front of her face. She reached for it, “What’s this?”

“A present for you silly. It’s your birthday.” Suho smiled. Chaehwan began to open the gift, she gasped as she saw it was the same exact bracelet she got him for his birthday, but the engraving said Park Chaehwan instead. “I didn’t know what to get you, so I just decided to get you the same thing.” He nervously laughed, “Lame, huh?”

Chaehwan smiled, “Aniyo. It’s perfect Suho oppa. Komaowo.” She tiptoed and planted a kiss on his cheek, leaving him stunned. “And that was the kiss I owed you, right?” He blushed.

Suho took out bracelet from the box and showed her the engraving underneath. It says ‘My beautiful flower’. She smiled at the nickname her gave her. He took Chaehwan’s hand and clasped the bracelet around her wrist. Then he pulled her as she crashed onto his chest, locking his arms around her. He lowered his head and whispered in her ear, “Happy birthday my beautiful flower.”

Chaehwan grasped Suho’s wrist and flipped the bracelet over to see the hidden engraving that read ‘Guardian’ (You EXOtics know that Suho means guardian, right? Hehe ^^) “Happy belated birthday to you my guardian.”

They both backed away from the hug and lovingly looked at each other. Suho stared at her lips and slowly reached his hand to cup her chin. She gladly followed his suit as they both leaned their faces closer to each other until their lips met.

Their kiss was soon broken by loud clapping and cheering. “WOOOHOOOO!!!  YEAH!!! SUHO HYUNG FINALLY GETS A GIRLFRIEND!!!” Chanyeol yelled.

Kai and Sehun hollered as Baekhyun, D.O., and Joojin clapped. Joojin smirked, “It’s about time you guys finally get together.”

“Yeah.” Kai agreed. “You don’t know how long Suho hyung has had a crush on you.”

“Wasn’t it 2 years?” D.O. guessed.

“Ani. I think it was 3 years.” Sehun said.

Baekhyun chuckled. “It has been 4 years so far. Ever since Suho first saw her in a-“

“OKAY!!!” Suho disturbed Baekhyun’s sentence, slightly embarrassed.

Chaehwan grew curious. Then she looked at Joojin. She waved at her and all Chaehwan could do was run to her and started to strangle her. “Why did you take Suho oppa’s gift without my permission Kim Joojin!!!!”

“Whoa….” D.O. backed away from the girls with wide eyes.

“Wow hyung. You do know how to pick a girl. She’s smart, pretty…” Sehun looked at the scene before them with Joojin still in Chaehwan’s grasps, “and tough.”

Suho chuckled and smiled in content. ‘That’s my girl Park Chaehwan. My beautiful flower.’

***********************************

I hope you guys liked it. ^^

Please leave comments. :D I want to know what you guys think.