To Suho's birthday!

Elevator Ride

 

Suho is that friend that’s an sometimes but he’s even worse on his birthday. It’s not like I’m a super close friend, but Kyungsoo was. And being stuck in the elevator did not sit well with Suho.

 

“HELP!” Kyungsoo bangs on the door. “HELP!!!” his body timid.

“Kyungsoo stop!” I yell. “Stop please!” I began to feel jittery.

“I’m sorry I’m just feeling so restles,” he says quietly, looking at me in a downward manner.  

“I know but stop doing that, you’re making me freak out,” I sigh, pushing the hair out of my face.

“Sorry, sorry,” he apologizes like always with that nervous wide eyed look on his face.

“You’re ok, just try to calm down,” I place a hand on his shoulder.

“Ok, ok I’m calm,” he shows me a smile.

“Oh lord,” I throw my arms around his shoulders. “Ok Kyungsoo,” I look at him. “Lets just try to keep busy.”

“How?” he gives me a questionable look, eyebrows raised.

“Lets play tic tac toe?” I grab my phone, placing the presents on the ground. I think Suho will be ok without our presents for a bit. ^^  

“Ok but you’re gonna loose,” he smiles confidently…

 

That smile, when full of confidence had my full attention. He was shy and anxious at time but when he’s full of confidence – he’s a different person. He’s that friend you grow a secret crush on.

 

“OOOOH! You loose again!!!” he gloats, smile so large his lips become stretched and flat.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Lets play something else now,” I put my phone away.

“Ok,” he places a finger on his temple, face scrunched in a hard thinking way. “OH!”

“Yes?” I laugh at his reaction.

“Lets play angry birds.”

“Ok,” I pull my phone back out.

 

But that didn’t last long.

 

“What did you get him for his birthday?” he sits next to me, pointing to the present.

“I got him,” I grabbed my bag. “This,” I pulled out a box.

“WHAT!?!” Kyungsoo’s eyes large again.

“What? he wanted those!”

“Only because I told him I wanted them first! OMG he would copy me,” Kyungsoo whines.

“You are such a child,” I playfully hit him.

“What the heck was that for??” he continues to whine.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry – I’ll get you some as soon as we get out of here.”

“Say these are my size,” he winks at me.

“Right,” I put the shoes away. “What did you get him?”

“I got him a big bottle of grey goose.”

“What? Why?”

“I didn’t know what to get him!” Kyungsoo laughs. “And you were busy that day I asked for help.”

“Here, lets just put our presents together.”

“Really?” his eyes wide again but in a pleasant way.

“Yeah its no problem. Besides I’m sure that would make Suho only love you that much more.”

“Why do you say it like he doesn’t like you?”

“He’s just different sometimes around me.”

‘No he’s not,” Kyungsoo laughs. “You’re crazy.

 

Am I crazy???  

 

“Yes you are,” he laughs at me.

“Its probably you’re fault,” I laugh back.

 

 

“OK!” I announced, happy to be locked with him but at the same time I wondered when I would loose my cool as the walls felt like they were closing in closer and closer. On top of that I’m sure Suho is freaking out since we haven’t arrived to his birthday party yet but…

“What?!?” Kyungsoo’s startled by my voice.

“Lets do rock paper scissors. Loser has to tell something embarrassing that happened to them.”

“Oh gawd,” Kyungsoo covers his face. “You sure?” he quickly turns over to me, face super close.

“Yes,” I scoot back a bit.

“OK!” he places a fist in front of me. “Rock Paper Scissor!” we both bounce our fists up and down on a palm.

“UGH!” I moan.

“Go on - and it was to be something I don’t know about.”

“Ok hmmm?” I think and he watches my every move. “Ok this one time,” I already began to laugh. “Baekhyun and I went to the bank, the one with the really large steps. We were just talking and before I knew it, I fell down the steps in front of all the cars and everyone by the ATM,” I laugh. “Oh gawd.”

“Man that is embarrassing!” Kyungsoo laughs.

“Oh shut up.”

“Well what else happened.”

“Freaking Baekhyun just stopped and laughed at me. It wasn’t til a minute had passed that he helped me up.”

“No one else helped you?”

“No,” I pout.

“Awwww,” Kyungsoo threw an arm around me. “I’ll help you next time.”

“Next time?” I looked at him.

“Yeah Suho told me that happened once when you were with him at the bank too.”

“OMG,” I was truly embarrassed now.

“Its ok,” he pulls me in for a close hug. ‘You poor girl with no coordination,” he laughs my back.

 

I loved it. I loved every second of that hug. =]

 

“Ok lets go again,” he removes his arms.

He looses this time and tells me the story of when he forgot his lines in a presentation and Suho had to help him out.

“I wish I was there to see it,” I laugh.

 

“OH Gawd!” I instinctively threw my arms around Kyungsoo as the lights went out. “What just happened?” my cheek pressed against his. My heart was jumpy and I couldn’t tell if it was because of Kyungsoo or the lights.

“Its gonna be ok,” he laughs. “Its gonna be ok.”

“Ok,” I replied with a shaking voice. “And don’t forget its your turn to tell me something embarrassing.”

“I didn’t,” he chuckles, arms still around my waist.

“OH GAWD! What was that!?!?” I jumped closer to him.

“Oh just me,” He laughs. “You’re like smothering me.”

“Well stop touching me cause you’re freaking me out.”

‘Ok fine,” he completely lets go.

“Ok I take it back!” I stand alone in the dark. “KYUNGSOO!” I reached out for him.

“Hhahaha ok ok,” he pulls me back into his arms. I fall into his chest and just stand here, his mouth lightly brushing again my forehed.

“Ok so I have something embarrassing to tell you.”

“Ok,” I was still feeling nervous, hoping the lights would come back on soon.

“Ok,” he exhales. “I never told a girl this before but um…” I could feel his heart beating close to my ear – the thumps going faster and faster, causing mine to as well.

“I um I like you.”

 

he likes me?

I didn’t reply.

I didn’t know how to!

 

“Umm… yeah I like you,” he repeats as if I didn’t hear the first time. “You ok?” he aks.

“Yeah,” I say softly, reaching my hands up to his shoulder. I pull his head down close to mine and just as the lights come back on, I tell him, “I like you too.”

 

That same large smile appears, again causing his lips to spread thin.

 

The elevator door opens and Suho is the one waiting on the other side.

 

“OMG What took you guys so long!!!” he grabs a hold of Kyungsoo’s wrist, not even realizing that he and I were locked in each other’s embrace.

 

Kyungsoo looks back at me as he’s being dragged away by Suho.

“Just go,” I laugh. I bend over to pick up the present that now had both of our names on it.

 

“WAIT!!!” I hear Kyungsoo’s voice down the hall and his heavy footsteps.

“You better hurry up before the elevator gets stuck again,” he quickly grabs me out of there. His fingers finely fit into mine. He leads me down the hall to Suho’s place, stealing glances at me the entire time. As soon as we reached the closed door of Suho’s place, Kyungsoo smiles shyly at me.

 

“You like me,” he teases, kissing the outside of my hand.

“You like me too,” I tease back, as my hand was still against his lips.

 

“WOE when did this happen?” Suho opens the door.

“Just now,” Kyungsoo pulls me in for a quick kiss.

 

I literally melted on the inside but then not cause Suho was there.

 

“Well ins’t that sweet? You’re anniversary will be on my birthday!” he smiles widely.

“Right,” Kyungsoo and I walk past him, still hand in hand.