A Surprise for the Wonderful Guardian of the Angels...

[ONESHOT] A Surprise for the Wonderful Guardian of the Angels...

 

‘Saengil chughahabnida… Saengil chughahabnida… Saranghaneul, Joon Myun-I… Saengil chughahabnida…’ A smile crept upon a still-sleeping face of a 22-year-old guy. (A/N based on Korean Age system.)

His lips synced towards the song sang inside his dreams. He repeated it again and again until his alarm clock went off.

The smile on his adorable face faded and his left hand searched for the dream-killer clock. He clicked the ‘Snooze’ button and continued his beauty sleep.

Before a dream could appear again, he shot his eyes open and looked instantly at the clock. It was 5 in the morning and he hurriedly jumped off his bed.

He made his bed and walked carefully, not to wake up the still sleeping maknae. He headed outside the dark hall way and aimed for the wash room.

He caressed his hands on the cold concrete wall to find the light switch and switched the bathroom light immediately.

Before he could step inside the ceramic floor of the bathroom, he paused for a while. “Damn, I forgot my towel.” He face-palmed himself and headed back to his dorm.

He carefully turned the knob and pushed the door slowly. The door creaked a bit and Suho held his movements. He peeked inside and Sehun was still drifting in his dream. He smiled at the sight of it and continued to get his towel.

Once he got his towel, he tip-toed to the door and went outside. He closed the door a bit and bumped into someone when he turned around.

“Ouch. Nugu…?” He looked up to see Kris’ half-asleep face and exhaled calmly.

“You’re up early, Suho.” asked Kris while rubbing his eyes.

“I should ask you the same question.” appointed Suho and giggles were heard from both of the leader.

“I just need a glass of water and then take a shower. You?” Kris asked back.

“Oh, I just wanted to take a shower first then make breakfast for everyone.” he stated while showing Kris his towel.

“Let me help you later. I’ll take my bath first. Arasseo?” Kris complied.

“Sure. Thanks, Kris.” Suho flashed him a wide smile.

Both of them part ways, with Kris headed towards the kitchen while Suho to the bath room.

Suho stepped inside and took off his clothes. His sturdy figure was exposed and he stepped inside the shower. He turned the tap and droplets of warm water rained down on his light-coloured skin.

He shook his head wildly and water splashes everywhere on the ceramic walls.

Before his hand reached for the shampoo, he remembered something and smiled. “It’s the day.” He chuckled and continued lathering his hair.

---

Kris was just arrived at the kitchen. He roamed through the top drawers to find his favourite mug and stopped at the topmost drawer.

“Who the heck put my favourite mug at such a high place?” he whispered to himself. He retraced his steps last night. “Oh. I did.” He then chuckled at his silliness and approached the fridge. (A/N LOL! Silly Krease! Hahaha XD)

He opened the fridge with a slight force and scanned the inside of it. He spotted an almost-empty mineral bottle and grabbed it. He sat on the counter and poured a good amount of water into the mug.

He took a sip of the water and his throat felt a bit better. Before he took another sip, he remembered something.

He glanced at the calendar on the counter and scanned through it to find the date of today. He spotted 22nd of May and smiled.

“Well, well, well. It’s the day. I think I’m gonna make something special for our angelic guardian.” He smirked and emptied his mug. He placed the mug in the sink and hurried to his bedroom.

On the last flight of stairs, he glanced at the bathroom and saw the light is still on. “Good, he’s still bathing.” He slightly chuckled as he entered his bedroom.

He closed the door behind him and tried to wake up Xiu Min and Luhan. He first went to Xiu Min because he knew that Xiu Min was easier to wake up rather than the lazy Luhan.

“Xiu Min-hyung. Wake up! Guess what day is it today?” Kris whispered to his hyung’s ear.

Xiu Min changed his pose and rubbed his eyes. He saw Kris’ face was near to him and startled at the sight. “Damn, Kris. You scared me!”

“What? Is it my face that scary, hyung?” he made a scary face and Xiu Min covered his face with the cover.

Kris rolled his eyes and flicked Xiu Min’s exposed forehead. “OUCH! YAH! I’m still your hyung!”

Kris giggled a bit and sat on the end of Xiu Min’s bed. “I said, do you know what day is it today?”

Xiu Min recalled back at the calendar in his mind and searched for any important day. “OMO! It’s Suho’s birthday!” Kris shushed him and he covered his mouth.

“Yup, and I’m planning to make a surprise for our guardian. But we have to pretend that we forget about his birthday today.” Kris whispered him the idea. Xiu Min flashed a sinister smile and nodded at Kris’ idea. “Okay, I’ll wake up and tell Luhan, Kai, Sehun, D.O. and Tao, while you try to wake up and tell Chen, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Lay. Arasseo?” Xiu Min nodded.

 “Oh, and tell them to act natural. We must make Suho feel sad as if we forgot about this day before we give him the big surprise.” Both of them curved a sinister smile and spread out.

After Xiu Min was out of sight, Kris went to Luhan’s bed and unpurposely sat on it. Luhan knew someone was sitting on his bed, so he kicked Kris off of his bed and made him fell onto the hard floor. A large thumping sound was heard and Kris was shocked at Luhan’s action.

“Yah! Luhan! WAKE UP!” He pulled the cover of the sleeping beauty and exposed Luhan’s shirtless body.

Luhan felt the shivering cold on his bare body and his hands were searching for the blanket. He sat right up and opened his eyes a bit. He saw Kris waving his blanket.

“Why you, you giant Dduijang!” Kris rolled up the cover into a ball and held it high. Luhan stretched himself high, trying to get the blanket back, but the 188cm beast was too tall for him. Kris smirked evilly at his short hyung.

Luhan finally gave up and headed back to his precious bed but Kris pulled his wrist a little too hard which made Luhan jolted towards him, making both of them fell onto the floor.

Luhan was on top of Kris and their faces were just inches from each other. Both of them opened their eyes and shocked to see each other’s faces so close to each other. (A/N LuKris moment? Haha XD)

“YAH! Get off of me, you ert!” shouted Kris with deep, husky voice of his. Luhan jarred upwards and grabbed his blanket. He wrapped it fully around his exposed figure and glared daggers at Kris. “You’re the one who pulled me so hard!” he hissed at the giant Dduijang.

Kris admitted his mistakes and stood straight up. “Never mind about that. Hyung, do you know what day is it today?”

Luhan scanned through his messed up mind and casually shook his head. Kris face-palmed himself and pointed towards the calendar. Luhan strutted towards it and glanced through it. He found today’s date and it was encircled with a red marker, which stated ‘준면이 생일은!(Joon Myun’s Birthday!)’.

His eyes rounded in surprised. “IT’S SUHO’S BIRTH—” Kris covered Luhan’s mouth before his shout could be heard by the Guardian. He shushed Luhan and he nodded.

“I wanted to make a surprise for him, so help me wake up the others and tell them my plan.” He whispered his idea to Luhan and Luhan smirked evilly at the idea. “Help me wake Sehun and Kai up. If you could, wake D.O. as well. Then, tell them about the plan.” Luhan nodded and went to the others.

“Now, to wake up the Kung Fu Panda.” Kris laughed like an evil villain and headed to Tao’s room.

---

Suho was still inside the bathroom and Luhan decided to wake Sehun up first. (A/N What the heck does Suho do in the bathroom for so long?! Kekeke) He tip-toed to Sehun’s room and twisted-open the door knob. The door creaked and Luhan crept silently towards Sehun’s bed.

Luhan saw a feather duster on the side table and plucked one of the feathers. He tickled Sehun’s left ear with and he let out a slight moan. Luhan giggled at the maknae and tickled his nose next.

Sehun’s nose twitched and his left hand involuntarily swung towards Luhan’s face. “OUCH!”

Sehun’s eyes popped open and searched for the source of the screaming. He looked to the left to see Luhan was in aching pain because of his hard punch.

“HYUNG! Gwaenchanhayo?!” Sehun walked towards him carefully and observed his hyung’s face. Luhan’s left eye was already bruising and Sehun was in panic. “OMO! Eotteoke?!”

Luhan shushed him and he stopped immediately. “First, get me some ice. Then, we’ll talk.” said Luhan while holding his left eye. Sehun nodded and ran to kitchen to get some ice. Half a minute after that, Sehun was back with ice, wrapped in towel.

He handed the ice to his hyung and Luhan gladly accepted it. He carefully placed it to his bruising eye and held it for a couple of minutes. Luhan looked at his innocent dongsaeng and patted the empty space beside him. Sehun was scared that Luhan might scold him, so he slowly headed towards Luhan and sat beside him, but further.

Luhan scooted closer and whispered something to him. “Firstly, you have good punch, Sehun-ah. Have you might consider getting involved with martial arts stuffs?” Luhan slightly smirked and Sehun punched him in the arm. He twitched at the sudden force and scooted away from Sehun. “You’re scary, Sehun!” joked Luhan again, making Sehun wanted to punch him again. “Arasseo! Mianhae, Sehun-ah! You love me right?” he joked again, earning another hard punch from Sehun.

“ARASSEO! I’ll stop! Jeez.” “Good.” Sehun smirked at his funny hyung and noticed that his hyung was shirtless. He quickly looked away and Luhan noticed that Sehun was embarrassed to see him shirtless.

“Sehun-ah, why are you looking away? Don’t like what you see?” Luhan smirked at his dongsaeng and scooted closer to him. He wrapped his arm around Sehun’s neck and whispered something to his ear. “I know you love it.” (A/N erted Luhan! Haha!)

Sehun’s eyes rounded and shivers ran through his spine. He shot right up and walked away. Luhan quickly grabbed his wrist and pulled him, making him sat on the bed. “I was joking. Jeez, Sehun. Where is your sense of humour?” Sehun was blushing tomato red and Luhan chuckled at his silly dongsaeng.

“Yah, listen to me. The thing is, today is Suho’s birthday.” “I know.” “You know already?” “Yeah. I’m not like certain someone who always having his beauty sleep and forgot about this important day.” Luhan was shocked to hear Sehun’s statement and his face blushed in embarrassment.

“Yah! Do you want me to kiss you?!” Luhan scrunched up his lips and aimed it towards Sehun’s cheek. Sehun tried to run away but his hyung’s grip was so strong. “Arasseo! Arasseo! Mianhae!” “Good. If you’re doing it again, I will kiss you for real.” smirked Luhan evilly. Sehun made a disgusting face and mehronged at his hyung. Luhan mehronged back.

“So, what’s with hyung’s birthday?” Sehun asked.

Luhan whispered about Kris’ plan and Sehun gleefully nodded at it.

“Good, now help me wake Kai and D.O. up.” Sehun nodded and they went to Kai’s and D.O.’s room together.

---

Kris headed towards Tao’s room and turned the door knob. He peeked inside to see that Tao wasn’t in his room. Kris scratched his head and straightened his back.

“What are you looking for, gege?” Kris was startled by Tao, who was at his back.

“Yah! You scared me, you panda!” Kris held his chest and breathed heavily.

Tao chuckled at his gege’s reaction and entered his room. Kris followed suit. Tao was just finished brushing his teeth at the kitchen’s sink because the bathroom is still occupied. (A/N Seriously, what is Suho doing so damn long inside the bathroom? Keke)

“So, what’s up, gege?” Tao raised an eyebrow.

“Do you know that today is Suho’s birthday?” Kris asked.

“Shen me?! I almost forgot about it! Xie xie for reminding, gege!” Tao stipulated.

“And I wanted to make a surprise for our Guardian.” Kris whispered the plan and Tao smiled at it. “Okay?” “Okay, gege!” said Tao gaily.

“Now, let’s get ready.” Kris smirked evilly at his plan. The others were already awake and everyone was aware of the plan, except for the birthday boy

---

Finally, (A/N FINALLY!) Suho had just finished his long, long bath and went towards his room. Before he could open the door, Sehun was already opened it.

“Oh, hi hyung. Just finished your bath? I think I’m taking mine now. See you later.” Sehun said casually. Suho was a bit disappointed because he thought Sehun might greet him better for his birthday. “Oh well. Maybe he forgot about it. Damn, it’s almost 7 o’clock. I should make breakfast now.”

Suho hurriedly put his clothes on and headed towards the kitchen. He rummaged through the fridge and grabbed the ingredients needed for breakfast. “I think I’m gonna make some kimchi pasta and spaghetti.”

He boiled some water and cut some vegetables. He put the pasta and spaghetti inside the boiling hot water and let it cook. He looked inside the fridge again and saw some green apples and oranges. An idea popped out from his head. “Apple juice and orange juice sound nice as beverages.”

He took out all of the apples and oranges and rinsed all of it. He peeled the apples and cut it into small pieces. He sliced the oranges in half and extracted the juice from them. He put the apple juice extract in one jug and the orange juice in another. Then, he put some teaspoons of sugar into each jug and stirred it thoroughly.

The pasta and spaghetti was perfectly cooked and he drained the hot water. He then prepared the sauce and soon enough, everything was done in the nick of time.

Everyone was ready and all of them headed downstairs. The aromatic scent billowing in the kitchen and Xiu Min couldn’t hold it any longer. “Mmm. That smells delicious and—” Before he could finish what he was saying, Kris elbowed him lightly. Xiu Min covered his mouth and remained silent.

“Come. Have some breakfast. I made this specially for you guys. Dig in” Suho was already seated.

Everyone else looked at each other and guilt could be felt inside every one of them.

‘Dang! I feel bad for leaving him like this. He made this specially for us!’

‘The breakfast looks so yummy. Poor hyung. He had worked hard to make all of this.’

‘We’re sorry hyung. I know you worked hard to make this for all of us.’

Suho was perplexed to see them still standing there. “What are you guys waiting for?”

Kris broke the silent of his group. “Actually, the manager asked us to go for practice right now. And he said that you can have this day off.”

Suho’s smile faded and a slight frown formed on his face. “Ah, I see. Well, go on then. You wouldn’t want the manager to wait for you, right?” He awkwardly laughed and let out a slight sigh.

“We’re sorry, hyung. We promised that we will eat all of this when we got home.” “Yeah, gege. We promised.” Both of the maknaes stated.

They waved him a sad goodbye and they’re gone out of sight.

“Guess I have to clean this all up, huh?” he mumbled to himself. He slouched his shoulders and kept all of the food inside the fridge.

---

“I felt bad, leaving hyung like that.” “Me too.” Both of the maknaes frowned.

“If we felt bad, then we must make sure that our plan will work! Arasseo?!” Kris tried to cheer up everyone. Their heads shot up and smiles crept upon their faces. “YEAH!” They all said in unison.

They all headed to the entrance, where their company shuttle was waiting for them. Once aboard, the shuttle sent them to the company building. They practiced their singing of the birthday song while Tao and Sehun practiced their special aegyo for the birthday boy.

A few minutes after that, the shuttle arrived at the SM Entertainment building. They hopped off and went inside the huge building. They headed straight to the elevator and cramped inside.

Once they arrived at the level where all the practice rooms were located, they exited the elevator and ran straight to their practice room.

Kris opened the door and saw Amber, YoonA, Taeyeon, Donghae, Eunhyuk and other sunbaes were already there with the stuffs Kris asked them to bring.

“Thanks, sunbae.” Kris curled up a huge smile. The sunbaes gave him thumbs up and smiled.

“Okay. Let’s get to work!” Kris stretched his arms and bent his body. They all did the same and scattered around to do the work they were assigned to.

Kris, Kai, Luhan, Sehun, Tao, Amber, YoonA and Taeyeon were in charge of the decorations. D.O., Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Lay, Chen, Xiu Min, Donghae and Eunhyuk were doing the cleaning. The other sunbaes and trainees helped them as well.

“Oh wait. How about the cake?” Kris asked worriedly.

“No worries. Got it all covered.” The manager was leaning on the door with his phone on his ear. “Hello, Baskin Robbins. We like to order a very special cake for someone.” The manager winked at the others and chuckles echoed in the room.

---

An hour had passed and Suho had finished cleaning the kitchen, their rooms and even the living rooms. He was leisurely sitting on the couch, flipping through the channels. He was trying to find anything that was worth watching but there was none.

Suddenly, he flipped to the KBS channel and Inkigayo was playing. It was the episode where they first appeared on the show. Luckily, their performances were next and as IU and her co-host announced about EXO-K appearance. Suho’s heart was fluttering and he was anticipating for their appearance.

It was about to start but his phone rang, indicating a message had been received. He sighed and picked up his phone. It was a message from Kris.

From : Kris

Message : Yo, Suho! Sorry interrupting on your day off but the manager wanted you to come to the practice room ASAP! Arasseo?! ㅋㅋㅋ

He sighed again and switched off the TV. He slipped into his coat and went to the lobby. A car was waiting for him and he hopped into it. The driver hit the gas pedal and the engine roared as it started to move.

The scenery outside were blocked by the black-tinted window. He wanted to roll down the window to see the picturesque ambiance of the outside world but it also prevented the cacophonous noise from the outside to reach his eardrums.

He sighed in sorrow and sadness as he was thinking that everyone forgot about today. “Guess they were too busy to remember it anyways. Oh well, it’s not that important.” Tears almost started to form in his eyes.

A few minutes later, the car arrived at the SME building and he hopped of the car when the driver opened the door for him. He bowed as a thank you and headed towards the entrance.

He went inside the building and went into one of the elevator. He pushed a button and the elevator was going up slowly as it tried to mock him. He just ignored it and closed his eyes.

Seconds later, he arrived on the floor where their practice room is located at. He sauntered in the hall way and it was silent, too silent. He noticed that other practice rooms were empty and felt the awkwardness. “No one is practicing today? That’s weird.”

He just shrugged it all off and went straight to their practice room. Suddenly, a blackout occurred and he instantly panicked. He tried to search for light but found nothing.

He was leaning to the walls near him but unfortunately, he was grabbed by someone. His eyes and mouth were closed with towels. He was struggling to let go but the kidnapper was too strong for him.

The kidnapper brought him to a room and he heard a door creaked open. He became more nervous when he heard many other footsteps inside the room.

He was able to struggle to free his mouth and shouted. “Yah! Who are you guys?! You better let me go or—” Suddenly, he heard someone laughed and he could recognize the laughter anywhere. “Sehun?”

The kidnapper removed the towels and lights were back on. “SURPRISE!”

Suho’s eyes were still adjusting to the sudden brightness changed but he was able to see everyone he knew very clearly and started to tear up. “You guys…”

“Saengil chughahabnida! Saengil chughahabnida! Saranghaneul, Joonmyun-i! Saengil chughahabnida!” All of the EXO and other SME artists were present. Even the manager came as well.

“Surprised?” said Kris, who acted as the kidnapper.

“You did this?” said Suho, still didn’t believe what has happened.

Kris curved a huge smile and back-hugged the leader. “Happy birthday, EXO’s Guardian!”

Sehun went up to them and held the Baskin Robbins’ ice-cream cake up to his face. “Make a wish and blow the candle, hyung!” said Sehun excitedly.

Suho was already crying and he closed his eyes. He made a wish and blew out the candles.

Kai, Luhan, D.O. and Lay popped the confetti cans and it flew all over the place. Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun played with the snow sprays and sprayed some on Suho. The artificial snow almost covering Suho, which made him look like a lost snowman. (A/N Hahaha!)

They all laughed at the funny snowman and Suho joined in as well. Sehun and Tao appeared in front of him, wearing some funny glasses and made their famous maknae-aegyo. “Bbuing bbuing~” Both of them said in unison.

Suho laughed at the funny maknaes and hugged both of them. Sehun and Tao tickled their hyung and he was rolling of the floor like a buffalo, laughing his off. The others chuckled at the sight of it.

The SNSD sunbaes, SuJu sunbaes, f(x) sunbaes and other SME sunbaes and trainees headed towards Suho and greeted him a happy birthday. The manager wished him as well.

They enjoyed the party and ate the cake. Suho’s face was full with the cake’s icings. He laughed and smiled all the way.

---

It’s almost late in the evening and the party was a blast. Other sunbaes and the manager had to leave because of tight schedules. EXO was excuse from having any schedules for today and tomorrow.

They were cleaning up the practice rooms and Kris walked up towards Suho, who was sweeping the floor. “I’m sorry we had to leave you all alone just now.”

He looked up and smiled. “It’s okay. This party had made up for the wrong you did to me.” Suho said sarcastically. Both of them laughed it off.

“Thanks, Kris. This is the best birthday party I had ever had!” said Suho gratefully.

“Nah, no problem. By the way, what did you wish for?” Kris asked curiously.

“Nothing. All that I wanted is all here.” He glanced around the room to see all of the EXO members were having fun cleaning the room. “I wanted all of this to stay with me forever and ever.”

Kris smiled at the cheesy line and both of them chuckled together. “And we will always be with you forever and ever, too, EXO’s Guardian…”

THE END...

-----------------------------------------------------

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! finally! I finished this oneshot!

happy birthday to EXO's Guardian, KIM JOON MYUN a.k.a. SUHO! kekeke XD

his smile would always bright up anyone's day... (:

the next chapter I will post some pictures of him, hopefully there are some from his birthday party! kekeke

THANKS FOR READING!