Chapter 2

Your Name *Onew Oneshot*

 

It’s been a few weeks now since I last saw you…he finally told me that you guys stopped seeing each other but he won’t tell me why.

I know that I should be more concerned for him since he’s my member but I can’t help but wonder if you’re alright. I hope you are.

As I walk through the city, I think about you. The gentle breeze makes me think that you’re whispering my name wherever you are.

Without realizing it, my feet have taken me to the front of your apartment building. I can see your name written clearly on the plaque next to the buzzer but I don’t dare press it. I only trace the letters with my fingers, pretending that I’m holding your precious hand in mine.

I say your name for what I fear will be the last time, “HaNeul.” And I swear I hear you call me back, “Onew.” I close my eyes and take a deep breath as I pretend you’re in front of me smiling, your long hair flowing in the wind so effortlessly like how you stole my heart.

No, that’s not right. You didn’t steal my heart. It was yours all along.

“Lee Jinki.”

Oh god, I feel like I can hear your voice so clearly now. I open my eyes and look up at the sky, your name. Why am I thinking about you so much today? I’ve already decided to push my feelings aside. I guess today is your day.

“Lee Jinki!”

…I don’t think that was my imagination this time. I look around and there you are, smiling at me just a few feet away. I shake my head and pinch my cheeks, making you laugh. Oh, how I missed your laugh. I missed your voice. I missed you…

“Ya~” you say playfully, “I’m really right here. It’s no dream.”

“Y-you,” I stumble on my words. It’s been too long since I last saw you; since you were so close that my heart’s racing. “What are you doing here?”

“Eh? Shouldn’t I ask the same? I live here!”

“Oh…” Why do I act so stupid in front of you?

“Lee Jinki.”

“Yes?”

“Lee Jinki.” God, hearing you say my name almost brings me to my knees. I feel so dizzy. You smile again and suddenly wrap your arms around my neck, pressing your forehead to mine. “Lee Jinki…it’s your name I’m calling right now.”

…I think my cheeks are going to split because of how wide those few words from you make me grin and I call your name back. I can’t resist and kiss you right then and there even if people are starting to notice us, I don’t care because you called my name