Chapter 27

The Best 9 Months Of My Life!
Woohyun's POV~

"YoonHee, take Yoogeun into the room and stay in there," I said to her as I glared at my parents.

"Woohyun-ah, why are you guys home so early?" my mother asked wiping off her tears.

"What do you guys think you're doing? What's with this divorce I hear about?" I asked as they looked away. I looked to my mother's wrist as it was red. "What did you do to her?" I walked to her and grabbed it gently and looked at it.

"Woohyun-ah, it's not what you think-"

"Umma, you don't have to lie to protect this man," I said calmly. She looked away as tears rolled down her face. "So your prediction was true, he really is cheating on you."

"Don't start assuming things when you don't know the facts," my father said his tone firm.

"Fine then, tell me everything I missed out on," I said sitting down on the couch making myself comfortable. "I have all night and day for this." They looked at each other and my father sat across from me.

"You're mother and I are getting a divorce because she caught me with another women," he explained. I scoffed and tried to hold in my anger.

"Like I said, you're cheating on mother," I said. "And yet you still tell me to not assume things when I know what's going on already just by observing."

Silence took over as the only noise we heard were my mother's sniffling.

"Woohyun, I think it's best if I just leave-"

"UMMA!" I yelled as she jumped. "Why should it be you? He's the one who should be leaving not you."

"Woohyun-ah, I'm sorry but I just can't stay any longer even if your father was the one who was to leave," she said holding back the tears. My father and I stayed quiet as she began to walk away. I got up and grabbed her arm.

"Please don't leave," I said as my eyes began to water. "I need you, YoonHee needs you." My mother cried and hugged me before leaving. I turned to look back to my father as he rubbed his temples.

"Why aren't you going after her?! Do you not love her anymore to go after her and to fight this fight with her?! Was she not enough for you?!" I cried to my father. He slammed his hands on the arm rest of the chair and gave me fierce eyes.

"I can't do anything about it!" he yelled. "If she wants to leave then let the women leave for all I care!!" And like that he left the house slamming it. I sunk into the couch and covered my face when I felt a small set of hands land on my shoulder. I looked up to see Hyemi behind me, a bit saddened.

"I knew this was going to happen," she said softly almost like a whisper.

"What do you mean?" I asked as anger grew within me.

"I'm sorry," she said looking away.