Chapter 2

Why won't you tell him

 

Kai found himself sitting in the van looking at Kyungsoo sitting in front of him, having a conversation with Baekhyun while imitating Oh Kwang Rok’s voice. It’s been more than a month since that night he heard Suho saying Kyungsoo had to tell him something.

 

 

~flashback~

“No buts, you should tell Kai soon, before you regret it”

Kai heard Suho say his name while he passed the bedroom. Curious about what Kyungsoo had to tell him, he found himself pushing the door open and stepping inside. When he walked in he saw Suho and Kyungsoo standing in the middle of the room, hands linked together. And there was that feeling again. The same feeling he had when he saw Suho winking at Kyungsoo. The same feeling he had when Chanyeol and Baekhyun were joking about them doing things together.

“Tell me what?”

“Kai…” Kyungsoo quickly let go of Suho’s hand.

“I think I should leave you two, I’ll be in the kitchen” Suho said, leaving his bedroom.

“H-hyung” Kyungsoo looked at him, eyes begging him not to leave.

He didn’t want to be alone with Kai right now, how much of their conversation did he hear?

Suho just smiled at Kyungsoo before leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

Damn

 

“D-did you hear our conversation?” Kyungsoo asked in a trembling voice, his heart beating at an insane rate.

Kai took a step closer to Kyungsoo, but the latter just took a step back.

Why are you avoiding me hyung, have I done something wrong…

 

“I just heard Suho-hyung saying you needed to tell me something… “ Kai took another step forward, but the other once again stepped away from him. His back hit the wall and he had nowhere left to go.

Kai kept going closer until their bodies were almost pressing to each other.

“Care to tell me what it is?” Kai whispered, looking Kyungsoo in the eyes.

Kyungsoo averted his eyes, feeling very uncomfortable with how close the other’s face was.

He was afraid Kai could hear his heartbeat. The last thing Kyungsoo needed was his roommate finding out about this and end up being totally disgusted with him.

“It’s nothing Kai… “

“Really? It sounded pretty important to me.”

“It’s nothing big trust me” Kyungsoo tried pushing the other away and getting away from the wall and just get away from this room. He didn’t know how much longer he could stand being this close to Kai. Everything in his head started to get fuzzy and he could feel tears forming in his eyes.

Kai grabbed Kyungsoo’s wrist so the elder couldn’t get away from him. He didn’t know why Kyungsoo suddenly acted so strange since he came into the room, so he needed to find out what the boy had to tell him.

“Kai… p-please stop” Kyungsoo said looking at the tall boy that was blocking his way.

Kai immediately released his grip when he saw Kyungsoo’s tear strained face looking at him with those desperate eyes.

What? When did he start crying? And why?

 

As soon as Kai released him Kyungsoo ran outside of the bedroom.

“So you hate my touch that much huh?” Kai muttered to himself when Kyungsoo had left the room.

~end flashback~

 

 

Even though Kyungsoo acted normal around him as if nothing happened that night, Kai didn’t dare bring up the topic again and ask what the other had to tell him.

He was afraid he’d see his hyung’s crying face again. Because even though Kai thought it was beautiful, it pained him to know that he was the cause of it. He wanted to be the one comforting him and wiping the tears from his face, not creating them.

But most of all he was afraid of what exactly it was that Kyungsoo had to tell him. He often had nightmares about what Kyungsoo what is was...

 

“Kai there’s something I need to tell you…”

“What?”

“It’s me and Suho… we’re…”

 

Urgh no, he didn’t want to think about that possibility.

 

Kai snapped back from his thoughts when they were told they’d be arriving at the airport soon. They were heading for L.A in a few hours.

When they stepped out of the van, Kai took a glance at Kyungsoo who looked back at him and smiled.

 

 “Wow …” Kyungsoo let out a gasp when he boarded the plane. It was the first time he saw the inside of SM’s private plane with his own eyes.

“So… do we just decide the seating order ourselves?” Chanyeol asked, equally excited.

The manager laughed at the young boy’s excitement and simply nodded his head.

“Then I get to sit next to Baekhyun!” Chanyeol yelled, his voice loud enough for the whole plane to hear.

“You idiot” Baekhyun mumbled and took Chanyeol’s hand and led them to the fifth row on the left of the plane, and seated himself next to Chanyeol, after letting the taller take the window seat.

 

“So… uhm… where are you going to sit?” Kai asked turning to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo just widened his eyes and stared at Kai as if he had just spoken in some unknown language.

“Next to you of course” Kyungsoo said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

Kyungsoo hadn’t forgotten about that night and how awkward it was when Kai stepped into their shared room when they went to bed. But Kyungsoo found his friendship with Kai way too important to just ignore the other, he didn't want to lose him. So the following day he decided to just act like nothing happened. He hoped Kai would do the same, which luckily he did.

“Is it okay if I sit next to the window” Kyungsoo asked Kai cutely.

 

Badump

 

What was that? Kai thought as he reached his hand for his chest and clenched the area where his heart was. That was weird.

“Yeah sure”

 

 

Kai woke up when the pilot announced they’d be landing soon and they should put their seatbelts on and straighten their seatbacks.

He silently cursed himself for sleeping the entire flight, especially when he was sitting next to Kyungsoo.

“Idiot” Kai mumbled.

“I’m not an idiot” Kyungsoo pouted “these seatbelts are just really hard to fasten”

“What?” Kai looked over to Kyungsoo to see him struggling cutely with his seatbelt.

This hyung... Is he doing this on purpose?

 

“No, I wasn’t talking about you!!!” … “Here let me help”

Kai bend over Kyungsoo to pull the string of the belt on one end and fastening it.

“Thank you”

“You’re welcome” Kai said turning his head towards Kyungsoo. He forgot he was still bending over Kyungsoo’s body so turning his face to look at him would result in…

 

Exactly.

 

Their noses where touching, breaths mingling together due to the close proximity of their faces.

 

Badump

 

There was that feeling again...

“S-sorry” Kai quickly looked away and sat back in a normal position. 

“It’s okay” Kyungsoo said as he was busy looking outside the window, trying to hide the blush that crept on his cheeks.

 

 

When they arrived at the hotel, Kai was disappointed to hear from their manager the room arrangements had already been decided for them.  And he didn’t get paired with Kyungsoo, but with Lay instead.

"Kyungsoo, you'll be sharing a room with Joonmyun" the manager announced and handed them the key.

 

Are you kidding me

 

Kai was convinced that Suho used his leader position to manipulate the room ordering, just as how he was convinced that Kris used his so he’d get roomed with Tao.

 

 

After dinner, the manager announced that they were free for the rest of the night and even allowed them to go clubbing, but no drinking. Everyone was excited to hear that and couldn’t wait to get ready to leave. 

Back in Korea they didn’t get to go clubbing often because of their schedules and because of the fact that they’d be recognized too easily.

When the manager continued his speech and announced that they’d be going to Disneyland tomorrow, a high pitched squeal could be heard, coming from Luhan.

“Donald Duck Hyung…” Luhan said, eyes glistening with excitement.

 

 

“What do I wear? I didn’t prepare any clothes for this, I only brought casual shirts”

“Casual is good, why don’t you just wear that white shirt with your black jeans.” Suho said as Kyungsoo was contemplating what to wear.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh and sat on the bed.

“What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know… It’s just that I don’t really like clubbing, maybe I’ll just stay in the hotel.”

“What? No you’re coming with us, this might be our only chance to have fun without being recognized” Suho said, pulling Kyungsoo from the bed and holding the white shirt in front of him. “Here put this on, you’ll look great!”

 

 

The club was loud and packed.

The members decided to head for the bar and order drinks. They stood there for a while just observing the partying people around them.

There were many girls with a lot of exposed skin dancing with guys as if there was nobody else in the room. Kyungsoo slightly blushed at the sight and just started sipping his drink nervously.

 

“Hey there what’s your name”

Kyungsoo saw this blond haired girl looking at him and saying something he didn’t understand. He looked behind him to see if maybe she was talking to someone she knew.

“No I’m asking YOU, silly”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened when the girl playfully slapped his arm.

I uh… I’m fine thank you and you?” Kyungsoo said in his best English, well the only English he knew.

“Aahhh he’s so cuuute” The girl said to her friend, both of them giggling with what Kyungsoo just said.

 

Kai was leaning on the bar when he noticed the two girls talking to Kyungsoo. Suddenly he felt the urge to drink something strong. He knew their manager said no drinking but the manager wasn’t there now was he.

 

The music was blasting through the speakers and it didn't take long before a few members were dancing to the beat on the dance floor. Lay and Luhan started having mini dance battles, but stopped as soon as they noticed they had captured the attention of the people around them and hid their face in embarrassment.

 

Kai started to feel the alcohol do its job and the adrenaline started kicking in. He made his way towards the dance floor and started popping and locking to the beat, smirking when he saw a few girls looking his way.

 

It's your birthday, so I know you want to ride out

Even if we only go to my house

Sip on weezy as we sit upon my couch

Feels good, but I know you want to cry out

 

He had no idea where the other members were, all he knew was his head was light and there was this girl’s hands roaming all over his body and his hand going around her back, pulling her body even closer to his

 

.

You need to stop this Jong In. Kai thought to himself.

But his body was too influenced by the alcohol to even bother listening to his mind.

 

 

“I’m going back to the hotel, I’ll see you in the room” Kyungsoo said to Suho.

“What, no why? Wha- why are you crying?” Suho was shocked when he saw tears rolling down Kyungsoo’s cheeks.

Kyungsoo wiped at his cheek feverously, he didn’t even notice he had started crying.

“I’m just tired… I’ll take a taxi to the hotel, don’t worry about it”

“I’ll come with you”

“NO, please… It’s okay, I’m fine really… I just want to be alone for a while” Kyungsoo tried giving Suho a convincing smile.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I’m sure, I just need some rest that’s all”

At that Suho watched Kyungsoo’s back as he left the club. He knew the younger boy wasn’t just tired, there could only be one reason for him to cry like this.

 

And then he saw it.

Kai grinding against some girl, hands in places he shouldn’t be touching. Kai was never like this, he was always good with words, but when it came to skinship with girls, he’d become the shyest boy on the planet.

Then why is he acting like this.

 

Then Suho noticed the way Kai wasn’t entirely dancing to beat, and his eyelids hanging only half open, as if he was dru-

 

That son of a bi-

 

Suho suddenly felt a lot of anger building up inside him as he made his way through the crowd. And he wasn’t even a person that was easy to anger.

 

“YAH!!!! KIM JONG IN!!!! Are you out of your mind?” Suho yelled at the intoxicated boy grabbing his wrist and dragging him off the dance floor and oustide the club.

“What the fu-, hyung! What are you doing?”

“No, what the hell are YOU doing? Alcohol? Seriously, didn’t you hear our manager?”

“Oh come on, what wrong can a little bit of alcohol do? The manager won’t even notice”

Suho couldn’t take it anymore “What can it do wrong? Have you seen how you were dancing with that girl?!”

"Yeah...So? She doesn't know who I am, so I fail to see the problem."

"I give up, you're an idiot." Suho turned around "I don't understand what Kyungsoo sees in you" He muttered under his breath.

Kai grabbed the leader by his shoulder and turned him around "What did you say?" Eyes wide, still processing the words he had heard. What Kyungsoo sees in him? Did this mean....

At that moment Xiumin came running up to them. "Joonmyun-ah, is everything okay with Kyungsoo? I heard he was crying..."

 

He was crying? Why?

Oh no…

No no no no

 

“Where is he?” Kai asked, grabbing Suho’s shoulders

“He went back to the hotel”

I’m such an idiot”

“Yes you are.”

“Give me your room key!”

“What? Why?” Suho asked, soon realizing it was because his room was the one where Kyungsoo would be right now. “Oh no! NO!”

“Please, I need to apologize to him” Kai begged.

The leader sighed, hoping Kyungsoo wouldn’t get too mad at him for this later on, and gave Kai his room key.

 

 

By the time Kai arrived at the hotel he had sobered up completely and made a dash towards the room Kyungsoo’d be in.

He gave the door a slight knock before opening it with the card key and entering the room.

 

Kai slowly approached the sleeping figure on the bed and sat down on his knees on the ground beside it. He noticed the pillow was wet.

Did he cry himself to sleep?

 

“I’m so sorry Kyungsoo” Kai whispered.

“I’m so sorry…I should have stayed with you” Tears started rolling down his face. "I knew you hated clubbing"

"I'm such an idiot"

Kai was angry at himself for making the boy cry again. He lifted his hand and and brushed away the hair on Kyungsoo's forehead, carefelly examining the boy’s sleeping facial features. He’s beautiful.

 

Badump

 

He slowly dropped his hand and let his fingers graze the soft skin of Kyungsoo’s cheeks, slowly moving them until his thumb touched the older boy’s lips.

 

It was then that Kai felt the intense urge to kiss the sleeping boy and his heart was beating at an insane rate.

 

Badump Badump

 

It was then that Kai realized everything.

He started leaning in, bringing his face closer and closer until there was barely any distance between them. Kai could feel Kyungsoo’s breath ghosting over his cheek. Kai clenched his chest as if it would help him prevent his heart from exploding.

 

 

 

 

Badump Badump Badump

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you” Kai whispered before closing the space between them and kissing the boy on his plump lips.

 

  

 

 


 

A/N: I updated sooner so I could tease you guys a bit before posting the next chapter ^^" I'm sorry~~ please don't hate me~~  ^^"

Also for those who are wondering: the song Kai is dancing to in the club is "Birthday " by Jeremih, the song is like really y and I could totally imagine Kai grinding to it.  LOL XD

And Kai kissed Kyungsoo~~~~ will Kyungsoo find out about it? :O You'll find out soon~~ ^^ 

Feel free to point out any grammar mistakes or give me advice!!! 

THANK YOU FOR READING~~~~ <3<3<3<3