Chapter 1

Why won't you tell him

Kyungsoo looked at his fellow band members and a warm feeling spread throughout his entire body. Finally they were standing here, on the big stage. After all the teasers, they finally were given the chance to see the fans personally and give them what they have been waiting for so long.

It was time for introductions and Kyungsoo’s heart was about to jump out of his chest when it was almost his turn.

He brought the mic to his mouth and he managed to say his name… not without any stuttering or nervous eye twitching though. Everything in his body was shaking like hell and he had to use all the strength he had for his voice to come out. 

A relieved sigh escaped his mouth when he heard the fans scream. From the corner of his eyes he could see Suho give him a reassuring nod, he had done well. His eyes travelled to the person standing next to his leader, hoping to get some eye contact with the younger boy.

 

There was this sharp pain in his chest, when he saw the boy whispering things to Luhan, their faces barely inches away from each other. Kyungsoo found it hard to describe the feeling he had right now, but he was very familiar with it. It was there every time he’d look at Kai.

When Kai finally looked his way, Kyungsoo quickly cast his eyes down and suddenly the ground seemed really interesting because he kept staring at it till Leeteuk started speaking again and snapped Kyungsoo from his thoughts.

They had to go backstage again to prepare for their next performance, Kai’s dance solo. Kyungsoo watched from backstage how the boy was dancing with everything he got to ‘My Lady’.

 

She’s my baby

 

Kyungsoo loved this song, and he loved singing it. He was unable to hold back a smile when he saw Kai emerged in dancing to the song that he sang.

“Kyungsoo-yah… coordi noona is looking for you, you need to chan-“ Suho stopped talking when he noticed Kyungsoo wasn’t listening at all and just kept staring at the person dancing on stage.

 

Suho put a hand on his dongsaeng’s shoulder

 

“When are you going to tell him Kyungsoo? You can’t go on like this you know…”

“I…I don’t know what you’re talking about…”

Kyungsoo spoke without taking his eyes off Kai.

 

The song stopped and Kai was leaving the stage, slowly walking towards them. Limping a bit because of the pain in his back.

He frowned when he saw Suho’s hand resting on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. He knew he shouldn’t think too much of it, but he couldn’t help but send a death glare at Suho as he approached them.

 

Why is he touching Kyungsoo like that?.

 

“Kyungsoo-hyung did you watch me perform? I was good wasn’t I?” Kai said to Kyungsoo, smiling like a little child.

“Yes you were” breathtaking, Kyungsoo had wanted to add.

“Suho-yah!!! Didn’t I tell you to tell Kyungsoo he needed to change his mic?!” The coordi noona came running towards them. 

“Here Kyungsoo, quickly put this on” and she slightly lifted his shirt to attach the wires to his body.

 

Kai averted his eyes from the scene in front of him. Sure he had seen his hyung before, they live in the same dorm and even shared the same room, so it was only normal. But he felt really uncomfortable seeing the fingers of coordi noona grazing Kyungsoo’s flawless skin.

How he wished it were his fingers… Wait what. Kai couldn’t believe he was having thoughts like this about his hyung.

This is so wrong he thought. He quickly went inside the waiting room to the others, trying to get his mind focused on other things than Kyungsoo’s body.

 

The showcase ended successfully and the group was heading for the van, to return to their dorm.

Kyungsoo noticed Kai had been having difficulties walking because of his back injury so he waited for him to leave the waiting room together.

“You can lean on me, you know… if it hurts that bad”

“Thanks hyung” Kai said, obviously glad with Kyungsoo’s offer because his back had been hurting like hell, and having someone support him would ease most of the pain. Well that and of course the fact that he’d get to put his arm around Kyungsoo.

 

When they both reached the van and the other members, Kai could swear he saw Suho winking at Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo blushing like mad. As if that wasn’t enough to ruin his mood, he was stuck with watching the two of them sitting in front of him and whisper to each other the entire ride. He tried overhearing what they were saying but their voices were too low, and their heads way too close to each other.  

 

“So did you tell him?” Suho whispered into Kyungsoo’s ear, a grin spreading all over his face.

“Omg, no… why would I”

“You didn’t? You were alone with him in the waiting room just now, you had the perfect chance”

“Could you keep your voice down?  What if someone hears you, besides perfect chance or not, I’m not planning on telling him anway.”

 

Kyungsoo turned his head towards the window, looking at the passing city lights as they drove through the busy streets of Seoul.

He heard Suho whisper something else but he just ignored it.

Suho had often tried talking to Kyungsoo about his feelings for Kai, telling him over and over again how he should just tell the dancer how he felt.

Kyungsoo however thought confessing was pointless. There’s no way his feelings would be requited; Kai was straight and Kyungsoo was a guy, how could it possibly work.

Kyungsoo had often overheard the conversations Kai would have in their room, talking on the phone with girls he didn’t even know. He would hear the other girl giggling on the other end of the line every time Kai would way something cheesy.

He can have any girl he wants, why would he fall for someone like me. Kyungsoo thought and let his head rest against the cool glass of the car window.

 

When they finally arrived at the dorm Baekhyun and Chanyeol were the first to get out of the car making a dash for their dorm, racing to get into the shower first. With 6 members and only one shower waiting for your turn could get very tiring.

In the beginning they just went in order of age, but Sehun usually fell asleep before it was his turn and ended up refusing to take a shower since he was too tired. Baekhyun let him shower with him a few times so he didn’t had to wait that long, but now they just went with whoever gets in first gets to shower. Usually it was Suho and Kyungsoo getting in last, because they didn’t really mind the waiting.

Kyungsoo would usually even prepare late night dinner, the members of exo-m often joining them to eat, because everyone loved the food he cooked.

 

Kyungsoo entered the dorm and immediately went into the kitchen to see what he could prepare this time.

He loved cooking, it calmed him down and it helped him to get his mind off a certain someone.

Kyungsoo was struggling to get a bowl off the top shelf when a hand reached out and grabbed it for him.

 

Luhan.

 

“You’re so short Kyungsoo, it’s cute” The elder laughed, handing him the bowl.

“I’m not that short… you and the other members are just freakishly tall” Kyungsoo pouted and Luhan just ruffled the hair of his cute dongsaeng.

He went for the cupboard and took out the plates.

It was always like this; Kyungsoo making dinner and Luhan helping him, while the others were taking a shower or playing games.

 

“You know…this will probably be-“

 

“I know” Luhan cut him off, he didn’t want to think about it. He knew that in a couple of hours they’d be off to China and he with the other 5 members of exo-m would be staying there.

He knew that this meant it’d be the last time he and Kyungsoo would spent time together like this.

He knew that this meant it’d be the last time all 12 would be sitting together laughing and making a lot of noise.

He knew that this meant it’d be the last time …

He was afraid to even finish that last thought.

 

The boy let out a sigh. He avoided having thoughts like this, because the thought of being separated from the other members for so long killed him.

And then of course there was Sehun. How was he supposed to survive without him.

 

“I’m sorry” Kyungsoo apologized for bringing up the topic.

“It’s okay, you’re probably as upset about this as I am”

Kyungsoo just nodded and smiled, he knew what Luhan just said wasn’t entirely true.

He too was upset of course, but he couldn’t imagine what it would be like if Kai was one of the members staying in China. So he knew that the pain he was feeling right now couldn’t even compare to what Luhan was going through, knowing he’d be separated from the maknae.

Dinner that night was more quiet than usual, it was obvious everyone’s minds were occupied with tomorrow, and how it’d be a while before they’d sit together again like this.

 

“Kyungsoo, wow you’ve really outdone yourself this time” Chanyeol tried breaking the silence “this is really delicious”

“Thank you Chanyeol” Kyungsoo said shyly “I’m going to bring some to Suho-hyung, since he went to his room directly after he took a shower”

Kai watched Kyungsoo stand up, putting some food on a plate and walking to Suho’s room.

Couldn’t they just call Suho so he could come and get the food himself?

Something definitely was up, and he didn’t like it at all.

 

Kyungsoo knocked Suho’s bedroom door softly before entering.

Suho was lying on his back on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

“I’ve brought you some food; I figured you might be hungry since you haven’t eaten anything since before the showcase”

“Thank you Kyungsoo, what would I do without you” He smiled gently, lifting himself into a sitting position and taking the plate from Kyungsoo.

“Are you okay hyung, I mean you haven’t said anything since you came out of the shower…”

“I’m fine… It’s just tomorrow… as a leader…” Suho stopped his sentence, unable to continue.

Everyone got along well with the exo-m members, but as a leader Suho developed this special bond with everyone. A bond that meant he’d take care of them whenever something was wrong. A bond that meant they’d be able to tell their problems to him and he’d give them advice and love them unconditionally.

“I understand” Kyungsoo said and sat down next to him on the bed.

 

*Kitchen* 

“I didn’t know it took that long to bring someone food” Baekhyun said.

“Do you think something's wrong?” Tao asked in a worried voice. “Maybe we should go and check it out”

“Nahh, it’s fine I’m sure Kyungsoo can handle it” Kris reassured Tao.

“Oh he can definitely handle Suho-hyung alright, I mean have you seen them whispering to each other in the car just now?” Baekhyun laughed.

“Oooh I bet Kyungsoo totally is doing the dirty stuff with Suho-hyung right now” Chanyeol joked, causing the other members except for one to join in on the laughter.

 

“THEY’RE NOT!!!” Kai shouted, face red. He was surprised by his own action.

“Chill bro it was just a joke, what are you so upset about” 

What am I so upset about? Kai noticed he’d often get angry when someone got too close to Kyungsoo.

He just figured it was because Kyungsoo was his friend and he was afraid someone’d take him away from him. Then again, Sehun was his friend too, and he never felt anything like this whenever he saw the boy talking to Luhan.

What’s wrong with me. Kai got up from his seat and decided to just go to his bedroom.

He didn’t need to hear any of these lame jokes anymore.

 

 

*Suho's room* 

“Could you at least come to the kitchen and spend time with us now, please? You don’t want them to be worried about you, do you?” Kyungsoo said getting up and holding his hand out to Suho.

“I guess you’re right, besides I want to see how Luhan and Sehun act around each other now they’re officially together.” Suho took Kyungsoo’s hand and let him help him stand up.

“I know ri- Wait, what?” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow.

 

Officially together? Since when? Why don’t I know about this?

 

“Yeah, didn’t you know… Sehun confessed this morning, before the showcase.”

“Before the showcase? Why didn’t anyone tell me?”

“We figured you knew… But apparently you were too busy thinking about Kai to actually notice any differences” Suho teased and laughed when Kyungsoo’s face turned into a bright red color.

“Talking about Kai… Sehun confessed to Luhan, why can’t you?”

“W-what? Why? This is a totally different situation hyung”

“How is it any different?”

“B-because… It was obvious Luhan liked Sehun back…” Kyungsoo said in a low voice, using all the strength he had to prevent his voice from breaking.

He really didn’t like to talk about this. “and you and I know both know Kai is straight and that it’s just … impossible”

“No I don’t know, and how do you know? Sure he talks on the phone with girls from his high school a lot, but have you ever seen him dating them, kissing them or even holding hands with them?”

“N-no… bu-“

“No buts, you should tell Kai soon, before you regret it” Suho said in a stern voice, unaware of someone opening the door to his bedroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Tell me what?”

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: Okay so this was supposed to be a one shot but the story turned out totally different than I had planned >.<

I'll probably be ending it with the next chapter though because I really don't have time to write anything chaptered because of exams :(

I'll probably update either thursday or friday but I won't promise anything >.< I'm sorry that there isn't a lot of Kaisoo interaction in this one, but i'll try to include as much as possible in the next chapter :D 

 

And omg 26 subscribers before I even posted the first chapter TT you guys~~ <3 thank you!!!