The Birthday Part II

Love in Different Languages

" that Josh." Danson tried to yell, with the tie in his mouth, having to have just woke up from his sleep. There were wounds that just formed his mouth, beginning to swell. He just realized everything that happened. "It's Ella's birthday, I hope he didn't do anything wrong."

Danson really tried hard. There was his cellphone, just inches away from him and he tried real hard just to reach it with his right leg, but really couldn't. "If only I had super powers." Danson thought. "I'd be able to reach that cellphone and confess to them about the fake me!" Danson continued, as he tried reaching out for his cellphone.

And then suddenly, the chair came out of balance, then he fell on the ground, with the chair, of course. Apparently, the opposite side from the cell phone.

"Crap. Now, I really don't have the chance to get that stupid cellphone!" Danson muttered under his breath, looking frustrated.

x.x.x.x.x

"Have you seen Genie?" Calvin asked Arron sitting around a table talking to Jiro.

"Yes, I mean no...I saw her lately when she was talking to you." Arron replied in thought.

"I haven't seen her since that conversation..." Calvin muttered under his breath. "That was a couple of hours ago!?"

"Then, go look for her." Arron suggested.

"Wait, I'll go ask Ella." Calvin said, turned around and went through the crowd to search for Ella.

x.x.x.x.x

"Ella, can you come with me?" Josh asked Ella, in a rushed kind of voice.

"Why?" Ella asked, wondering what Danson might have for her.

"Will you?" Josh asked in disguise, again. "Ella, I just need an answer."

"Hey, guys." Calvin said, distracting Josh aka the fake Danson and Ella from their little conversation.

"Uh, why?" Ella asked Calvin, while both they, Ella and Josh faced Calvin.

"Um, have you seen Genie?" Calvin finally asked.

"Look who's developing something for someone!" Ella said, trying to tease Calvin who was now looking nervous and worried at the same time. "What's with the look?" Ella continued and this time, asked Calvin a question.

"Nothing. I'm just worried." Calvin replied, taking a sip from the glass of four seasons he was just drinking from since a while ago.

"I saw her--." Josh was cut by the thought that he knew that Danson didn't know Genie, so he thought to his self that he should keep quiet about Genie's disappearance. After all, she was just outside the venue.

"You saw her?" Calvin asked him and faced Josh.

"Um, no." Josh replied nervously, looking at the opposite direction. Pretending that he was looking at the crowd who seems to have a lot of fun.

"Calvin, I'm so sorry. I didn't see her." Ella replied. "The last time I saw her was when she exited the bathroom lobby."

"Where do you think might she have gone to?" Calvin asked again.

"Maybe she's outside the venue. Probably, meditating!?" Ella replied. "She seemed to look confused lately." Ella continued, while Josh carefully listened to what she said, wondering if by any chance, Ella heard their, Genie and Josh's little conversation a while ago at the bathroom lobby.

"Then, I'll go ahead." Calvin said, taking a gulp from his drink to maybe clear his mind and maybe to encourage him to have some strength to talk to Genie about her problem if she had any, then walked his way off.

"WE'LL BE HAVING A VERY SPECIAL PERFORMANCE FOR--" Someone over the microphone annouced and laughed, alongside someone in particular who that announcer was with.

"Ms. Ella Chen IN A WHILE. Especially performed by the man who she is loved by." The unknown person who was with the first announcer continued and laughed again. Unknown to everyone was that the two people announcing was none other than, Joe Cheng and his girlfriend Ariel Lin who was having so much fun playing with the microphone.

"We might sound drunk, but we're saying the truth." Ariel added and laughed again along with Joe over the microphone.

"The man who she is loved by." Ella thought and repeated it over her mind, leaving the Josh who failed with the first attempt of letting her come with him behind as soon as she walked off and searched for him, Chun.

"Failed with the first attempt." Josh thought. "But I won't let you off easily." Josh muttered under his breath, also thinking aside what Calvin and Genie were doing now and if ever Genie would have the guts to let the truth be told knowing that she would be set free.