They have arrived!

Love in Different Languages

Chun opened his eyes from distraction and saw an old friend of his, Josh. Josh wasn’t really his friend, besides they were frenemies, something of that sort. Meaning friends that are at the same time enemies… Josh was maybe like 7 years older than Chun.

“So, I saw and have heard the news!” Josh said out of nowhere, giving Chun a high-five as he sat down just beside him at the same time, handing him a can of soda. At this time of day and time, he was feeling very close to Chun even though they aren’t, but he just felt like it.

“Yeah?” Chun asked, accepting the soda and opened it up to drink.

“Ella Chen…” Josh muttered, while Chun looked at him in suspicion. “Why aren’t you with her?” Josh asked, randomly again.

“I was just preparing for her birthday, coming this June 18!” Chun replied, slapping his forehead, having to have remembered something from the past.

“Is something wrong?” Josh asked Chun, who he noticed just slapped his forehead and was looking a bit nervous.

“N-no.” Chun said, stuttering a bit, unsure of what he just told Josh…that he was preparing for Ella’s birthday. “I think I need to go.” Chun said, and then stood up.

“Uhm, wait!” Josh said, while Chun looked back at him, looking like he already knew why he called him back for. “Could I come?” Josh finally asked. Hearing what Josh just asked, Chun was quite stunned for a bit and finally managed to reply…

“S-sure.” Chun finally replied and quickly walked off, scrunching the can of soda that he just emptied and threw it away.

“Oh great, just great!” Chun said, looking frustrated with the sudden chat with Josh, as soon as he slid himself in the driver’s seat. By the time he sat at his car, he completely remembered just everything he could remember about that Josh guy! He was a womanizer, he would do a lot of things to get the hottest girls everyone talks about and what made Chun remember that particular details was when Josh whispered Ella’s name randomly, just lately. Chun remembered back then how that Josh first fought with him just to take his first girlfriend away from him. Right now, he didn’t care who his first girlfriend was, all he knows is that the unexpected appearance of Josh might ruin Ella’s birthday!

~.~.~.~.~

He woke up feeling a bit terrible, he sensed that something wouldn’t just work out right, but all those thoughts shook away from his mind when his phone rang and he found out that the phone call was what he was expecting. It was, after all, a call from his beloved.

“Hey, sleeping beauty!” Ella greeted him happily, over the phone.

“What!? I don’t recall you kissing me, so that I would wake up.” Chun responded, going with the flow of her lame joke.

“Psh, lame! Anyway, just wanted to greet you g’morning.” Ella said, stressing the g’ (apostrophe), if you get what I mean!?

“I see that.” Chun replied, in happier tone of voice.

“I was really so shocked that you weren’t here, bugging me with your so-so lame tactics of telling me ‘I love you’ in different languages as I wake up. And I see that you’ve been distancing yourself from me, these days.” Ella said.

“I never thought you missed me that much.” Chun said and chuckled. “And FYI, I’m not distancing myself to you! I’m just busy these days, okay?” Chun asked her with a reassuring tone.

“Okay, whatever. G’bye, love. Hugs and kisses for you!” Ella said.

“I love you.” Chun replied and they both hang up.

~.~.~.~.~

“Hey, Calvin! Get your stubborn over here!” Jiro shouted, irritated, for Calvin was acting like a turtle, as soon as they got out of the plane.

“Getting so bossy over me! Just wait until I bully you to death later, crying for help to your mommy.” Calvin replied, getting Jiro more irritated as he quickly caught up with the group.

“It’s still so early in the morning, guys. I mean, you don’t need to act all worked up just because we were delayed.” Arron said, distracting them from their little mock fight.

“That’s the problem! We were delayed and you know guys that I’m one impatient guy.” Jiro said, pointing to himself with his left hand, while his right hand held to his luggage.

“Danson, got anything to say?” Calvin asked Danson who suddenly turned quiet, as soon as they got off the plane.

“Nah. I’m still alive, you see?” Danson replied, randomly.

“Gah, I should’ve brought my extra sweater! It’s freakin’ cold in here.” Jiro said, who just got his cell phone out from his pocket.

“You should’ve at least remembered that June’s a rainy season and that means it’s also cold, right?” Calvin asked Jiro sarcastically.

“Whatever. I’m calling that so-called boyfriend of Ella.” Jiro said, dialing up Chun’s phone number.