Unwanted Memories and Misunderstandings

My Sideshow Lover

Hello there, my dear Freaks! I'm finally updating this one because I actually have ideas for it for once (it's a miracle)!! So I hope you enjoy the long-awaited chapter! Sadly, this chapter will be rather depressing but hey, it's a very important chapter! HAPPY READING!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunhyuk's POV

                          After a long nap, I finally opened my eyes and stared drowsily at the white wall in front of me. I raised my hands and rubbed my face to help wake myself up and threw my blankets off as a start to getting up (which will probably take me another five or so minutes to actually do). I sighed heavily and waited for the blast of cold that normally came from the always cracked window behind me that would force me to get up and attempt to close it but never actually succeed in doing so since Siwon somehow managed to make it stick like that when we were little.

                          It was about two minutes later when I noticed that the cold blast of air hadn't hit me yet. I blinked in confusion because there is normally a big burst of cold air that liked to attack me as soon as I throw the covers off (unless it's summer, of course). I furrowed my brows and trailed my eyes from the wall that I was staring at, down my body to see if I somehow just tricked myself and thought I had taken my blanket off when I actually hadn't.

                          I was expecting to see the warm comforter of my bed still draped across my lean figure but what I actually saw was an unfamiliar arm draped across my side in what seemed to be a possessive fashion. I swallowed hard and almost immediately the scenes from that night started to play as if it was happening all over again. I could see it all vividly; I wasn't in my room anymore. I was in the old storage building we use to hang out in.

                          The boom of thunder outside.

                          The silent smirk he was giving me.

                          The screams that fell upon deaf ears.

                          The tears.

                          The fear.

                          The scrambling to get away.

                          The loud bang that ended it all.

                          The frantic voices that filled the room.

                          More loud bangs.

                          The blood. Oh dear god, the blood!

                          And finally, darkness that engulfed my broken frame that ended my suffering. For a while, that is.

                          I screamed and kicked at the figure that I was seeing. I didn't want this. Not again, damn it! I thought it was over after that night! I promised myself that it was over that night!

                          I knew that the person was probably stronger than me but I didn't care. I wanted whoever the hell that was away from me! I felt the figure move from behind me to on top of me and their hands rested on my shoulders. At that point, I threw my fist upward and hit them directly in the chin but that didn't stop them from grabbing my flailing hands and pulling me forward into a toned chest and wrapping me into a comforting hug.

                          "Hyukjae! Hyukjae, calm down! It's just me, Donghae." I took in a ragged breath and finally stopped thrashing around enough to blink and realize that I wasn't in the storage building. I was in my own room and it was, indeed, Donghae that was hugging me and softly brushing my hair away from my sweaty face so he could look me in the eye.

                          "I'm sorry, did I scare you? Were you having a bad dream or something?" Donghae asked, looking in the eye with his own sweet, puppy-like brown eyes that were full of concern.

                          Not trusting my voice, I just shook my head and took in another deep breath before launching myself into Donghae's comforting form and bawling my eyes out like a baby.

                          Donghae was frozen in what I think was confusion for a moment before he tightened his grip around my waist and pulled the blanket up to cover my shaking body before he leaned against the wall that I was previously staring at and let me completely soak his shirt in my tears; never once saying a word. He just continuously rubbed my back and sometimes pressed small kisses to the top of my head.

                          Sniffling, I leaned back and tried to regain my composer long enough to thank him for being there. However, he didn't let me move from my position so I fought a little bit to try to get away but I ended up falling over, bringing him with me. We ended up in the same position that we had on the bench earlier today; me laying flat on my back with Donghae on top of me with a look of shock gracing his handsome face.

                          I sniffled yet again because the fall knocked some of the air out of my lungs and opened my mouth to say something before my door was basically thrown off its hinges when my friends and little brother burst in. They took one look at our position; my eyes filled with tears, my mouth opened with what probably looked to be a silent scream, Donghae seemingly pinning me down; and pounced on us.

                          Donghae was forced off of me and against the nearest wall by Kang-In and Siwon while Heechul and Leeteuk took me into their arms and held me protectively, like a mother would when she is trying to protect her child from something or someone dangerous.

                          "What the hell do you think you were doing, Lee Donghae?!" Siwon yelled, grabbing Donghae's throat to choke him.

                          "I-I was trying to..." Donghae choked out, clinging to Siwon's hand in an attempt to pull his hand off of his throat.

                          "You were trying to our Eunhyuk, weren't you?!" Kang-In yelled, punching Donghae in the stomach so hard that he collapsed on the ground.

                          I tried to explain what happened to them but let out a cry of shock when Hankyung came over and buried his claws in Donghae's arm before lifting him up and punching him in the stomach probably twice as hard and Kang-In. This time, I saw some blood escape Donghae's mouth and I could hear him try to gasp some air into his lungs since the blow to the stomach knocked all of the air out of him.

                          Leeteuk noticed my cry and pulled my head under his chin, "Don't worry, Hyukkie. We won't let this happen again."

                          Donghae managed to pull himself up and look at me in a silent plea for help before Kyuhyun came in and kicked him in the ribs, possibly cracking a few of them. Donghae cried out in pain and was sent sprawling onto the floor yet again and coughed up even more blood.

                          I tried to escape from Heechul and Leeteuk's hold but they proved to be stronger than me for once and I couldn't move. I screamed when I saw all the others gang up around Donghae and began to beat him mercilessly for what they thought to be for my sake. I heard what I presumed to be bone cracking and I somehow managed to shake off Leeteuk and Heechul's hold on me.

                          I ran to the group of people around Donghae and forced myself between them and Donghae; managing to get a few hits here and there along with a few claws getting embedded in my flesh before they realized that I was protecting Donghae and stopped what they were doing.

                          "STOP IT! Stop hitting him! He didn't do anything but try to help me!" I yelled, pulling Donghae's half-conscious body towards me and holding him close. I nuzzled my face into his, now matted with blood, brown hair and murmured any apology that I could think of, a few tears streaming down my face.

                          "Hyukjae, what---?" Sungmin tried to come closer to us and lay a hand of my shoulder but gasped lightly when I flinched away from his touch for the first time in three years.

                          "He tried to help you? How the hell is trying to help someone?!" Heechul yelled, frustrated and confused.

                          "He didn't try to me, damn it!! I was having horrible flashbacks of that night and he was comforting me, I tried to lean back to thank him for comforting me and apologize for flipping out but I fell back and we ended up in that position that you saw us in. He meant no harm! That scream that you all heard was from my flashback not from anything he did!" I screamed at them, pulling Donghae closer to me to emphasize the fact that he meant no harm to me.

                          They all looked blankly at me for a moment before they all started to apologize profusely and run around the house trying to find the phone to call the ambulance and the first-aid kit. I pulled away from anyone that tried to come near us to apologize and let Donghae's head rest against my chest. I growled at the few who tried to approach him with the first-aid kit (Kang-In and Hankyung). 

                          Eventually they muttered small apologizes before exiting the room to wait for the ambulance to arrive. I looked down at Donghae for the first time since I gathered his beaten body in my arms and noticed that one of his eyes were swollen shut while the other was half-way closed because of a black eye that I think Sungmin gave him.

                          Donghae noticed me staring at him and looked up at me. I began to apologize again but he just shook his head and smiled sweetly at me. It amazed me how his smile could still be so sweet and sincere even after all he'd been through today. His smile still looked so sweet even though his lip was busted and bleeding and there was drying blood on the sides of his lips.

                          He leaned up and whispered a small, "Thanks for saving me," in my ear before he planted a small, some-what bloody kiss on my cheek. After that, he gave me yet another sweet smile before he used up all the strength he had left and fainted in my arms.

                          I started bawling again and I sat there with a beaten and bloody Donghae in my arms waiting for an ambulance that would probably be here in the next minute or so. I only have one thought that goes through my head before a paramedic comes and takes Donghae from my arms: No, Donghae. Thank you for saving me from myself tonight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this was a rather depressing chapter. But hey, I updated! This actually was suppose to be shorter, kind of like a teaser, but since I love you guys so much, I made it longer! This is a very important chapter, by the way. It will bring you guys one step closer to figuring out one of two of Hyukkie's secrets! This one will bring you closer to finding out the big one but there's another, smaller one that I lightly touched on in the first chapter.

heart Comments are always welcomed and loved! heart