An Angel in a Room Full of Freaks

My Sideshow Lover

Annyeonghaseyo! Well, here's my first chapter. I've decided to try my hand at EunHae because I feel that EunHae doesn't get very much love here on AFF. I hope you like it! Happy reading! heart
 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunhyuk's POV


                          "---jae! Hyukjae!! Lee Hyukjae, if you don't get up right now I swear I'll---!" I heard my mother yell through the door. Ugh, what a great way to start a morning, I thought to myself before yelling my response.

                          "I'm up! I'm up!" I tiredly yelled back at her. Doesn't she know a better way to wake people up? Although, this is much better than her yelling in my ear like she used to. But, this is not a way that 24 year old men should start their morning.

                          "Great! Once you've showered and such, come down and eat breakfast," my mother said, trading in her once demon-like voice for a fake, sugary sweet one. It made me wanna puke.

                          When I heard her heels clicking down the hallway, I took that as my cue to actually get out of bed. I stretched and wondered why I didn't hear my alarm clock this morning. As if to answer my question, the alarm clock went off. Thanks for getting me up before I was suppose to, woman, I swear; if she wasn't my mother, I would have killed her already.

                          After I finished my shower; I got dressed, brushed my teeth, etc then walked---more like ran, downstairs so I could eat breakfast. Even though I hated her, I have to admit, my mother's cooking was amazing. In my opinion, her cooking is the best thing about her. Period.

                          While I was eating breakfast, she suddenly perked up and looked up at me excitedly. That can't be good, I thought to myself, slightly afraid of what the she-devil would say.

                          "Remember, honey," she said sweetly which made me flinch. She only called me "honey" or "sweetie" when she wanted me to get something done and get it done right. And she only said it sweetly when the consequences of not getting, whatever said task was, done were horrific, "You have rehearsal later! You want to be a great ringleader like your father, right?"

                          I flinched again and nodded solemnly. She knew perfectly well what my dream job was and how close I am to achieving it, yet she is still forcing me to become the ringleader. I don't even know why she has her eye set on me for this job when my younger brother, Siwon, is perfectly capable of doing it. In fact, Siwon wants to do it!

                          Everyone knows that Siwon has wanted this job practically since he was born yet she still chooses me. It's actually family tradition for the youngest sibling to get the job. But, she chooses to go against family tradition by forcing Siwon into becoming a singer and forcing me to take over the family business. Why? Her reason is, and I quote, "Well, Siwon, even though he is younger, looks a lot older than Hyukjae. Hyukjae, who looks younger, is perfect for the job! The audience wants a short and cute ringleader to fawn over, not a tall, masculine one!" She has no reasoning skills, I tell you! I mean, not only did she insult and then compliment Siwon; she complimented me then insulted my height! She has to be the queen of back handed compliments or something.

                          I explained this situation to my father once. He told me I could become whatever I wanted to be and that Siwon would take over the family business. He promised! It even looked like she-devil backed off and would let Siwon have his dream job and let me have mine before dad--- Stop it!, I yelled in my mind, You know that's a thought that will lead you down a dark path you don't wanna go down...again...

                          I sighed as I changed into my ringleader outfit before stepping outside to begin my training.

Donghae's POV

                          As I walked around, I took in the unfamiliar sights and smells of Seoul. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, I thought to myself, looking at a particularly big building. This typically isn't how someone spends their day when they just moved to a new city, alone mind you, but seeing as how I have no job, no car, no friends, no family, no place to live, and I'm almost out of money; I have no other choice.

                          As you might have guessed, as of right now, I'm looking for a job or at least a place to stay at for a while. So far, I've had no luck. All I've had so far were strange looks. You would think people haven't seen a man with long blonde hair before. I hear it's quite usual to see strange things like that around big cities, hence why I moved here.

                          I suddenly looked around, trying to find where I was at because it seemed that I became lost in thought and wondered down some side streets.

                          "Maybe I can find a job around here," I said to myself, being optimistic despite my current circumstances.

                          I wondered around for a little while longer, but I haven't seen anything that looked remotely interesting. Just as I was about to give up hope, I came upon a big, circus-like tent. Since when the hell was that there?, I thought to myself, fairly certain I would have seen the huge tent from a mile away.

                          Regardless of how confused I was on how a huge tent like that can just pop up, I inspected the backside of the tent. Slowly, I worked my way around the side, taking in all of it's features and the scenery around it, until I came up the front of the tent where I noticed the giant sign that told the name of whatever was going on inside. "Lee's House of Freaks!" is what it read, in bright colorful letters. Lee's House of Freaks?, I vaguely remember hearing about them all the time when I was growing up in Mokpo. It's supposedly puts on a great show, full of some very freaky things and people.

                         Just as I looked down from reading the sign, I noticed another, smaller, sign taped to the front flap of the tent. Curious and bored, I decided to read it.

                          "Welcome, young freak!"  It read.

                          "As you all may or may not know, Lee's House of Freaks is getting a new ringleader! And that means we're looking for a new personal assistant for the ringleader. But, because of some problems we encountered before, the new assistant has to be male. Not only male, but a very good looking male (since you might have to make an appearance alongside the ringleader). The pay is 3,000,000 won a week (approximately 2,691 US dollars). Please apply inside!

                          Peace, Love, and Freaks,

                          Lee’s House of Freaks staff

                          I re-read the second to last sentence three times to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. 3,000,000 won a week?! I could get an apartment and some food with that money! And if I save up enough, I could even get myself a car (maybe even a haircut while I was at it). I wasn't sure about how good looking I was at the moment considering I haven't showered since early this morning and I've be wondering around the streets all day, but I knew I was still good looking (my ego and a backpack full of stuff are the only things I have right now, so leave me alone!). 

                          I sat my backpack down on a bench not to far from the tent, took my comb and a mirror out, and combed the tangles out of my hair. Once I was satisfied with how I looked, I checked my breath and discovered that the smell of my minty toothpaste and the mint gum I had earlier were still lingering about, in other words, my breath didn't smell.

                          I took a deep breath and stepped in front of the tent again. It's now or never, Donghae, my mind said, trying to prepare it for what might lie beyond the curtain. Calming myself, I stepped inside the curtain and looked around, not believing my eyes. There were dogs walking on their hind feet like people, cats doing cartwheels, a werewolf-looking man, a man with actual cat ears along with an actual moving cat tail who was arguing with a man with dog ears and a tail, a fish that seemed to be speaking Japanese, a break dancing robot, and so much more. 

                          I walked around a little more until I came upon a woman, who looked to be in her early forties, telling a lighting director where she wanted what light and why. I guess that meant she ran this place. I walked up behind her and tapped her shoulder lightly, "Excuse me, miss," I said politely, putting on my best smile, "do you run this place?"

                          She whirled around so fast that if you blinked, you would have missed it, "And you are?" she asked while looking me up and down.

                          "I'm Lee Donghae, I'm here to apply for---,"

                          "You're hired!" She cried suddenly, cutting me off.  

                          "But, I didn't---"

                          "I can tell right now that you're perfect for the job. You look like you are hard-working, dependable, honest, and not to mention, you're impossibly handsome." She said firmly, looking me up and down again. This time it felt like she was trying to mentally dissect me or something.

                          "Thanks...I guess," I said, a little uncertain that I liked being called "impossibly handsome" by someone like her.

                          "You're welcome," she said, "I guess now you wanna know who you're working for, right?" When I nodded in response, she turned towards the big stage in the middle of the tent and yelled to the figure in the middle, "Hyukjae! Get your over here now! I want you to meet your new assistant!" The response was a few muffled words that were probably cuss words and an audible groan.

                          I guess his name is Hyukjae, I thought, slightly amused as the figure jumped off the stage and made its way over to us.

                          As the figure neared, I was finally able to make out some of his features. Nicely styled brown hair, a slightly big nose, big, child-like brown eyes, not necessarily thin but not necessarily full pink lips, all-in-all, he was cutely monkey like.  When he finally came to a stop about a foot away from us, I nearly forgot how to breathe as my heart began to thud against my chest and I felt my cheeks get warm. Before I knew it, he was the only thing I was focused on, the whole world seemed to disappear as he looked into my eye for the first time.

Eunhyuk's POV

                          When I heard the she-devil yell at me to meet my new assistant, I quickly cursed under my breath, groaned loudly, and made my way over there. I really hope he isn't ugly, I thought to myself knowing that there's a chance she might have just hired one of the freaks.

                          As I came closer, I noticed some of the features of my new assistant; his beautiful brown eyes that sparkled with immaturity, his nicely shaped face, his not full but not thin lips, and not to mention, his long blonde hair that perfect shaped his face. All-in-all; he reminded me of a fish, but in a cute way. 

                          I stopped about a foot away from them and locked eyes with the fish-like man. When we locked eyes, I noticed the rest of the world disappeared and left us behind. Then I felt it. I felt my heart begin to thump rapidly against my chest for the very first time, making me unable to breath for a moment, and I felt my cheeks take on a very light pink color.

Eunhyuk's and Donghae's POV

                         As I stared at the man in front of me, I noticed something.

 

This is the person I've been dreaming of. This man is an angel in a room full of freaks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you think? This was my first attempt at switching points of view. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, quite honestly. This is actually going to be my attempt at a some-what serious fanfic with some adult themes (other than ). Leave a comment and tell me what you think! heart