Chapter 1

Perfection...?

          Our bodies moved in sync with each other’s to the music as we practiced the routine for DORADORA for what seems like the millionth time today. I could hear my heart beat in my ears. The song ended and we relaxed from our final positions, cheering and clapping. We went the whole way through without a mess up. I panted and slowly made my way to the side of the practice room. Some of the other members talked with the choreographer while some pulled out their phones. I sat down, opening up my water bottle and taking a sip.

Kiseop, panting as well, came up to me with a smile saying,“Good work today Vinnie!” My heart always flutters when he calls me that. His bangs were up in a bun to keep them off his face, his skin glistening with sweat. “So hot…” I thought to myself. I blushed, giggling softly as I returned the smile. “Thanks! You too!”

As I stood up, our manager entered the practice room smiling, “Good work today boys! You can head home and get some rest.” I sighed in relief, my body hurt and was begging for some sleep. “Oh, uhm, Kevin can I see you for a moment.” Our manager said with a smile. I blinked and nodded, following him outside of the practice room, into an empty office of sorts. He turned to face me, his smile turned into a serious frown. “Kevin, I have a problem well…more like you do.” He said. I just stood there shocked, “I had a problem?! What the hell?!” Instead of getting upset, I stayed silent and let him continue. “You see Kevin…It’s your image.”

I glared softly, “...What about it?”

“Well...” He continued. “Lately you’ve been…looking…well…thicker and not in a good way…”

“Fine I just won’t go to the gym often.” I huffed.

“No, no…I mean… well, what I’m trying to say Kevin is…you’re going to have to lose a little weight…” I felt a pang in my heart. “Did he just call me fat?” I looked down at myself, put a hand over my stomach, and squeezed. “Maybe I am a little pudgy...” He took my silence as me understanding; he squeezed my shoulder murmured, “Fighting!” Then left me alone in the empty office.

I turned to see a wall mirror hanging, frowning at what I saw. I thought to myself, “Have I really gotten fat? How? …Well…I do eat allot and I’m not as dedicated to the gym as Eli and the others.” I put my hands on my hips and with a “hmph, what does he know?” I left the room.

 As I walked to the car, where the others were waiting, I thought to myself, “I just have to eat less and work harder…right?” I was stirred from my thoughts as I heard a voice call my name. I looked up to see Kiseop standing with the door open, letting Dongho get in before him.

He called out, “Come on Kevin~ Ladies first!” he said with a giggle. With a roll of my eyes and a smirk, I got into the van. Kiseop followed soon after and sat next to me. With a sigh, I turned to look out the window starring at the city’s night-lights. I thought over what our manager had said, frowning to myself while doing so. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned my head to Kiseop leaning in close. I blushed and blinked a few times. With his lips so close to mine it was hard to resist leaning in. I spoke hesitantly. “Y-yes?”

 “Are you Okay? You look upset.” He spoke softly, the look of concern in his eyes, not wanting to alert the others even though, most of them were already fast asleep. I smiled softly and nodded, moving to lean on Kiseop, using him as a pillow. He smiled and casually put his arm around me. “Sleep, I’ll wake you when we get home.” My heart fluttered and closed my eyes falling asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Softly shaken awake, I realized we were home. I looked up to see a smiling Kiseop very close to my face. “We’re home!” he said happily. I nodded tiredly and dragged myself out of the van. The other member had already gone in.

We made our way into the dorm building and rode the elevator up. The walls of the elevator were reflective so I tried to keep my gaze towards the ground. The ride was silent until my stomach let out a loud growl. I blushed, “Well that was embarrassing…” I thought to myself. I poked my stomach as discipline.

Kiseop laughed at me softly and said, “How about I make us something to eat before going to bed?” I smiled and hesitated in agreeing. I was supposed to eat less and there was no doubt he would make something rather large, but it would be rude to turn down his cooking so I nodded and smiled, “Sure, sounds lovely...” The doors opened and I left quickly, slipping off my shoes and running to sit at the island in the kitchen.

Kiseop soon followed, appearing in the kitchen before me, scurrying around for pots and pans. He open the cupboard, sitting there in deep thought for a few moment before turning to me and asking, “I’m making ramen, what flavor to you want?”

“O-Oh…uhm just…whatever you’re having is fine!” I said laughing nervously. He nodded and grabbed two packets and put both of the noodle blocks into a pan. I bit my lip starring at the pot. Ramen was so high in salt, not a good start to my diet. How was I going to get around this?

I was startled out of my thoughts as a big bowl of ramen was set down in front of me. Kiseop sat next to me on a bar stool, devouring his ramen as if he hadn’t eaten in days. My gaze traveled back to the bowl. It smelled so good but I knew deep down it was ‘evil’. I took a deep breath before taking my first bite. It tasted just as good as it smelled.

I was so lost in the satisfaction I got from eating it that before I knew it my chopsticks scrapped against an empty bowl. I stared in disbelief. What have I done? Kiseop stood taking my empty bowl, and his, to the sink.

“Did you have enough to eat, Vinnie?” He called out from the sink. “I looked down solemnly, “Yeah…I’m good.” With that, I stood and walked to my room. In side Dongho, my roommate, was fast asleep and snoring softly. “Cute...” I said smirking softly.

Walking up to my dresser, I changed out of my sweaty workout clothes, staying in my light blue boxer briefs. I heard the shower turn on, and sighed. Now I would have to wait my turn. I turned to my full-length mirror. My belly poked out a bit from eating so much ramen. Frowning, I squeezed my belly in frustration. This only made me feel sick to my stomach.

Hearing the Shower turn off, I turned from the mirror, grabbed my toiletries and headed for the bathroom. Just as I got there, Kiseop was leaving only in a towel. He smiled at me, wished me good night, and then headed for his room. I blushed hard, starring at his toned chest, before I entered the bathroom.

Setting my things down, I put both my hands on the counter, starring hard at myself in the mirror. “What was I going to do?” My hand lowered to lay over my full belly. Out the corner of my eye, I saw the toilet. My heart skipped a beat and I stood, walking over to it.

“Should I really do this?” I asked aloud. I bit my lip nervously and looked over at the door. “Surely the others would hear me.” I thought. Then I turned to the whole reason I was in here, The Shower. Quickly, I turned it on to full blast. “That should block the sound...” I said to myself. I sighed in relief, moving back to the toilet. I kneeled down in front of it. “It’s just this once…then tomorrow I’ll start my diet…”

I pushed whatever hair I could behind my ears, gripped the bowl with one hand, hesitantly bringing up the other one to my lips. I took a deep breath and forced two fingers down my throat. I gagged and then everything came up.

I tried to be as quiet as one can when you are throwing up. After finishing I leaned on the wall next to the toilet, panting. I felt much better but my throat burned. I reached up and flushed, then stood and went to the sink, rinsing my mouth out with mouthwash.

I looked in the mirror; my belly was ‘flat’ again. I smiled slightly at myself in the mirror and proceeded to take my shower.

Little did I know, I had eavesdroppers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Outside in the Hallway:


Dongho sleepily walked down the hallways looking for a midnight snack. When he passed the restroom, he heard the sickly noises coming from within. “Must be Kevin, He wasn’t in bed, oh well not my problem.” He thought to himself and continued on the kitchen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please comment and subscribe! I will try to update soon if you do ;3
Keep in mind that this is my first storyt so be nice!!