I.

The Blind and the Beast

"Can I feel your face?" His hands reached up but I immediately grabbed hold of them.

"What?" I started to feel panicked, why my face? My burnt face?

"It's how I will recognize and remember you, even try to see how you look like. Is- Is that okay with you?" No, he wanted to say. Because... Because he had an ugly, burnt, disgusting face.

"Um, well.. I- Cant you recognize me with just my voice?" My fingers twitched in my lap.

"I guess I could, but I take favor in memorizing face structures." Jonghyun tilted his head to the side, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"I'm not very confident in the way I look."

"You're telling me? I don't even know how I look like. Besided what I feel with my hands." He chuckled and sighed. "But if you don't want to, I won't force you. I just don't want you to go missing on me or anything." Jonghyun smiled and leaned back onto the wall.

"I won't. There's no where I can go anyways." I played with the end of Jonghyun's walking stick, suddenly finding it the most interesting thing in the world. And we just stayed in a comfortable silence, none of us speaking up-- too afraid to ruin the mood. That is, until the bell rang.

I got up and dusted off my pants, "C'mon. Skipping one hour is enough for one day. Lets get ready for Hell." I helped him get up and steady himself with his stick.

We walked down towards the third floor and immediately a group of fat, hairy guys came around us. ing great, do they ever get tired at all?

One grabbed onto Jonghyun's chin and lifted his face up. "Mm, the new boy's cute." He stepped even closer to him, but I pushed him off of Jonghyun.

"What the 's your problem?" He got up in my face and I pushed his face away with my hand.

"Why don't you get a life and with someone else?" I snarled and balled my fists.

"Naaah, messing with you is so much funner." He smirked, grabbed a fistful of my hair, and brought it close to his face. "You gonna do something to me if I don't stop?"

I kneed him in the groin and he let go to cover his balls. He looked up and was about to head towards me but I grabbed onto Jonghyun's hand and ran for it.

Jonghyun gasped as I grabbed his wrist and pulled him along into a different direction, the wind harshly slapping his face. I led him to a secluded area, on the east side of the building. I let go of his hand to rest mine on my knees and breathe heavily. Jonghyun only put his free hand on his chest, trying to control his breathing.

"Sorry about that, Jonghyun. They like to bug me a lot." I smiled to reassure him, forgetting that he couldn't see it. Instead, I patted him on the back.

"Why?" He reached out in thin air for a little before finally feeling my forearm and resting it there.

"Why what?"

"Why do they bother you so much?" His eyebrows furrowed together, just like the last time.

"Because... Because I'm not like them? I don't know." Of course I knew. I was the boy who was burned by his father, the boy who no one loved. No one even wanted to look at his face.

"Oh. Well they're jerks!" I laughed when Jonghyun pouted and folded his arms together.

I patted him on the head, "And I'll make sure they don't get to you. That's why you have to stay by my side okay?"

"Okay!" Jonghyun smiled, reached out for my hand and I met him halfway. He squeezed my hand for reassurance, "Let's go to class now, haha." I laughed along and led him to our history class.

They day went by faster than I wanted it to. We went through till 4th hour and had lunch on the roof. He didn't bring any lunch, so I gave him half of mine. I practically fed him though. (:3 <-- Onew's face) The rest of the day was pretty good, besides the morning incidents. They, or rather Onew, barely got picked on; harsh words only able to pass through them. School came to an end at 3:15 and they had to say good bye.

"So.. Who's picking you up Jonghyun?" I watched as Jonghyun's face scrutched together.

"My friend's picking me up. He should be here any minute." He smiled at me, "What about you?"

"I walk home, so I'll just wait till you leave before I go."

"I could take you home, if you want. My friend won't mind." Jonghyun's hand reached out and I met him halfway, again.

"No, it's fine. Your friend's car is red, right?"

"Yeah, is he here?"

"Yeah."

"Oh well, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Um, yeah, I guess. I'll come early and wait for you here."

"Oh, okay. I'll make sure to be here not too late." Jonghyun smiled and squeezed my hand. I smiled and squeezed back, but my hand quickly fell from his when I saw his friend come out of the car.

"Okay. Your friend is coming this way."  Jonghyun frowned when I let go of his hand, but the smile came back when his friend's hand rested on his left shoulder.

"Ah. Onew-hyung, this is Choi Minho. Minho, this is my friend Lee Jinki, but he likes to be called Onew." I looked up to Minho and found that he was strikingly handsome. He was tall, had big eyes, and was just drop dead y. And then I saw the way he looked at me, and the way he his hand tightened around Jonghyun's shoulder.

"Ow Minho! You're hurting me!" I watched as Minho let go of Jonghyun and fisted his hands behind his back.

"It's nice to meet you Minho. You should get going and bring Jonghyun home." I smiled, but really I wanted to die.

"Why so fast? Minho, can bring you home! Minho, you can right?" My eyes widened when Jonghyun reached around for Minho's hands, but I quickly hid my expression.

"I really do have to go home, my father is waiting for me. Since Minho's here, I'll get going. I'll see you tomorrow? Or well, yeah. See you tomorrow Jonghyun. It was nice to meet you Minho." I quickly turned around and walked the direction towards home.

No, my 'father' was not waiting for me. And no, I really didn't want to leave. But the way Minho looked at me, it made me want to go into a hole and stay there forever. I feel so stupid for feeling like Jonghyun could ever be something to me. Obviously he has Minho. Minho... Is just his friend, right? And Jonghyun and I just met today. I walked home, my heart aching and my fists balling at my sides.