u-08

Talk to Me, Pooh.

“So?”

“Huh?”

Chaehyun crossed her legs and let out a groan. She had been waiting for Minhye’s explanation but nothing came out from . After what happened two days ago, Chaehyun kept asking Minhye to tell her everything but she just kept silent. “Your special boy when you were in Paris… is Kiseop oppa?”

Minhye lowered her head and gave a weak nod. “Uh-huh.”

“Does it have any relation with Kevin oppa’s weird act a few days ago?”

“I--“

“Yes or no?”

“It’s--“

“JUST SAY YES OR NO!”

“Yes.”

Chaehyun let out a sigh while rubbing her temple. She closed her eyes, trying to think what really happened when her sister was in Paris. “Mind to explain?”

“I-- I met Kevin four years ago at my friend’s party and since it seemed like we like the same things, we started being friends. We shared about everything. He was always there when I needed him. But since he started being a singer, I rarely met him. Sometimes I called him first but sometimes he did it first. I can say he was my bestfriend. When I started living in Paris, I thought I would never meet him again. But I was wrong, I met him at the park near my apartment because U-Kiss was having holiday in Paris too at that time. That’s when I met Kiseop.”

Chaehyun took a deep breath while nodding to herself. “Next.”

“He is such an adorable guy. He is really cute, always do what his hyungs say, even what the magnae says, without thinking first. Hahaha… He is a good dancer too.”

“Love at the first sight eh?”

“I think so.”

“So, what is Kevin oppa’s problem? Why did he react like that?”

Minhye hugged her knees and placed her chin on one of her knees. “Two days after I met Kiseop at the park, Kevin said he likes me. He asked me to be his girlfriend.”

“OMO! REALLY?!”

Minhye nodded. “When I heard him saying that, I was like ‘Oh God! Is it the end of my friendship with Kevin?’. I was really afraid that time, you know that many relationships are started from friendship but--“

“But some of them end up hating each other because of some arguments and finally it ruins their friendship too.” Chaehyun cut her off, earning a weak nod from Minhye. “Did you say that you like Kiseop oppa?”

“No. But I think Kevin had already realized by the way I act towards Kiseop. Kevin knows me so well.” Chaehyun rested her head on the head rest of the couch they were sitting on, trying to remember everything. “The thing is… Kevin is just too kind. He didn’t say anything else about me liking Kiseop, but he slowly helped me to get closer with Kiseop. Two months after that, Kiseop said he likes me. I was really happy but in the end I said I can’t be his girlfriend. He is a singer, I don’t want him to get any problem for dating me.”

“Then?”

“Well, it’s just like that. Me and Kiseop kept in touch by phone and email, but later I realized that Kevin…”

“He what?”

“Back off.”

Chaehyun gasped. Now she knew how her sister and Kevin felt when they met each other a few days ago. The mixed feelings, she knew how it felt. “Sorry for bringing you back those sad memories, eonni.”

“It’s okay, dear.” Minhye Chaehyun’s hair, laughing. Chaehyun knew that in Minhye’s deepest heart, she was crying.

 

--------------------

 

Dongho paced back and forth in his bedroom, he had his phone in his hand. He had tried to call Chaehyun but she didn’t pick it up. He bit his lower lip and finally decided to give it a try again. He put his phone on his ear after pressed Chaehyun’s number.

“Yo-- ehm.. Yoboseyo?”

Dongho got a bit shocked hearing Chaehyun’s cracked voice. “Pooh! What’s wrong with your voice?”

“A-- ehm.. A-- Aniyo. It’s okay.”

“It’s not okay! Where are you?” Dongho asked, grabbing his jacket on his bed.

“My house.”

“I’ll be there in ten minutes.” Dongho hung up, leaving Chaehyun confused. Why is he coming here? Chaehyun tought.

Not long after that, Chaehyun heard a single knock on her front door. She ran up to open the door, revealing Dongho with his worried face. His eyes widened as he saw Chaehyun’s pale face. “You okay, Pooh?”

Chaehyun could only give a nod, trying to get what was happening here. “Wae?”

“You didn’t pick up my call and your voice is cracked!”

“So-- ehm.. So, what’s the problem? It’s not-- ehm.. like I got a serious disease.”

Dongho placed his hand on Chaehyun’s forehead. He rolled his eyes and pulled Chaehyun to sit next to him on the couch in Chaehyun’s living room then handed her a bottle of black liquid. “Drink this and take a rest, Pooh.”

Chaehyun drank it until the bottle was empty. “Thanks, Pooh.”

“You’re welcome.” Dongho smiled widely, the worried look on his face was already faded. “Now you have to take a rest.”

“But I’m not sleepy.”

“Should I sing a lullaby for you, Pooh?”

“You would?”

Dongho rubbed the back of his neck while grinning. “But my voice is not good enough.”

“It’s okay. Come on, try it. I want to hear it here before I go to my bedroom, Pooh.”

Dongho bit his lower lip then let out a sigh. He started singing angel by teen top. He blushed whenever his voice cracked in some parts, but what made him surprised is the fact that Chaehyun had fallen asleep by hearing him singing for her although he hadn’t sang the full song yet.

Dongho brought Chaehyun to her room bridal style and laid her down on her fluffy bed. He pulled the blanket up to Chaehyun’s chest, make sure that it would keep her warm. He sat at the edge of her bed, starring at her peaceful face. He leaned closer to Chaehyun’s face and kissed her forehead lovingly. “Get well soon, Pooh.”