u-07

Talk to Me, Pooh.

“Chaehyun!”

Chaehyun stopped putting her stuffs in her bag and looked up, she already knew who had just called her. She took a deep breath before finally spoke up. “Ne, Kevin oppa?”

Kevin let out a chuckle and walked towards Chaehyun. “Wanna go home together?”

Chaehyun almost choked on her seat. She used to go home with Dongho, not Kevin. Today Dongho was absent because he had a baseball match, he told her this morning. “O-- Okay.”

“Good.” Kevin clasped his hands, smiling happily. Chaehyun zipped her bag, but before she could put it on her shoulder, Kevin already grabbed her bag and put it on his shoulder. “Let’s go.”

They walked together to Chaehyun’s house holding hands. Kevin never let go of Chaehyun’s hand, seemed like he really wanted to protect her from anything bad that could happen.

“Eonni!” Chaehyun called, running up to Minhye who was sitting on the couch, reading a fashion magazine.

“How was your day?” Minhye asked, pinching Chaehyun’s cheek.

“Aww~ That’s hurt.” Chaehyun caressed her cheek. “Well, it was a boring day. Dongho was absent today.”

Chaehyun heard no reply from her sister. Minhye’s face was blank, she didn’t even blink for a while. Chaehyun turned her head to what her sister was looking at and arched her eyebrows.

“Sunghyun.” Minhye said, her voice was almost like a whisper.

Kevin’s face was also blank. He kept starring at Minhye, not saying anything. For some odd reasons he felt happy, sad, angry, all mixed in his heart.

“W-- What’s happening here?” Chaehyun turned her head to Minhye, then to Kevin, and back to Minhye again. “Who wants to tell me?”

“I gotta go first, Chaehyun.” Kevin said and quickly ran out from Chaehyun’s house, leaving Chaehyun confused and Minhye who was at the verge of tears there.

 

--------------------

 

Kevin shut the door behind him and locked it. He walked towards his bed, clutching on his chest. He sat down and covered his face with both of his hands. He thought everything was over. He thought he wouldn’t meet her anymore. He thought he could start his new life.

Kevin felt his phone vibrating. He switched off his phone as he saw who was calling. Chaehyun.

“I'm home~ Kevin hyung, are you home? Hyung?”

Kevin heard Dongho called but he didn’t feel like answering it. It felt like his voice wasn’t loud enough to be heard.

“Hyung?”

A single knock on Kevin’s bedroom door was heard but still, Kevin didn’t want to move his body, not even his fingers. He just wanted to be alone, to just disappear from this world, if only it could happen.

“Hyung, I know you are there. Please just open the door. Hyung?”

“I just want to be alone, Dongho. Please just leave me here.” Kevin wiped away the tears on his cheeks. “I will tell you later. I promise you.”

“Fine. But please don’t do anything stupid.”

“Yeah.”

“I’m gonna make some pancakes. Do you want some?”

“No, thanks.”

After a while, Kevin laid down and buried his face on his pillow. He didn’t care that it could make him out of breath.

 

--------------------

 

Five days had already passed but Chaehyun still didn’t get any explanation of what happened between Kevin and her sister, Minhye. She always asked Minhye whenever they were together, but Minhye only gave her a weak smile, not explaining anything.

Chaehyun glanced at her watch. It was already 7.15PM but Dongho hadn’t arrived at her home yet. This morning he told her he wanted to go walking around the town. At first Chaehyun thought that Dongho was crazy. A member of U-Kiss wanted to walk around the town with her? Maybe bunch of people out there would say yes without thinking more if he asked them, but Chaehyun was different. She didn’t want Dongho to get any problem because of her. Who knows what could happen if some fans caught them together? But in the end she agreed, Dongho’s pouting face never failed to make her said yes.

“Pooh.”

Chaehyun almost dropped her jaw seeing her bestfriend tonight. Dongho wore a white shirt that covered by a black jacket, a black jeans, and black-white sneakers. He looked really cute, Chaehyun admitted it.

“Eh? What’s wrong? Is there anything wrong with my face?” Dongho pointed at his face innocently.

“N-- No. It’s just…” Chaehyun stuttered, she was sure her cheeks were blushing right now. “You look so cute tonight, Pooh.”

Dongho smiled. “Thanks.”

“Umm.” Chaehyun nodded, she was out of words this time.

“Let’s go.” Dongho grabbed Chaehyun’s hand and slightly pulled her to stand beside him. They started walking out from Chaehyun’s house but suddenly stopped after some steps.

“Wae?” Dongho asked, still holding Chaehyun’s hand.

“You don’t cover up yourself?”

Dongho laughed a bit then shook his head. “Why should I?”

“You’re famous, Pooh. You are a member of U-Kiss. What if--“

“I’m just an ordinary boy like the others. I have my right to walk with my bestfriend, right? So, what’s the problem?”

“But if you get any problem for spending time with me--“

“Pooh, please just forget that I’m a member of U-Kiss for a while. I just want to spend my time with you, with my bestfriend. Am I wrong?”

Chaehyun looked down and shook her head, bitting her lower lip. Dongho let go of Chaehyun’s hand and pulled her in his arms. “No need to worry. You won’t cause any problem for me or U-Kiss. If I didn’t join U-Kiss, I would be an ordinary teenager just like you.”

Chaehyun gave a weak nod in Dongho’s embrace. She pulled herself away and forced a smile. “Ne.”

“Well, let’s go. It's getting late now.” Dongho giggled. He grabbed Chaehyun’s hand again and they started walking.

Both of them arched their eyebrows as they saw people gathering in the front of the coffee shop they wanted to visit. The workers at that coffee shop were really good to customers and the coffee had a great taste, but they didn’t have any idea that people would gather like that only for a cup of coffee.

“Isn’t it Kiseop?”

“He looks so gorgeous tonight.”

“Ah~ Where is Eli? I want to see him, not Kiseop.”

Dongho and Chaehyun giggled hearing what people had said. They came closer to the crowd and tip-toed to look what was happening inside.

“Kiseop hyung is there. Aish~ Why didn’t he tell me that he would go to this coffee shop?” Dongho said, jumping up to get a better view of his groupmate. “Omo! Who is that girl? I don’t know Kiseop hyung has a girlfriend.”

“Eh? Girlfriend?” Chaehyun tip-toed again. She saw Kiseop holding a girl’s hand. She turned her head to see who it was and her eyes almost popped out from its sockets. “Minhye eonni?!”