u-09

Talk to Me, Pooh.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!”

“DONGHO!”

“KEVIN! SARANGHAE!”

“ELI! ELI!"

“XANDER! ALEXANDER! I LOVE YOU!”

“KISEOPPIE!"

“SOOHYUN I LOVE YOU!”

“KIBUMMIE! LOOK HERE! KIBUM!”

“U-KISS SARANGHAE!"

U-Kiss members smiled upon hearing their names being called like that by their fans. They just finished doing off-air performance at the park near Dongdaemun and now it was the time for them to go home.

“Well done, boys.”

They turned their head only to be welcomed by their manager’s smiling face and they bowed in return.

“Let’s go home. You guys must be exhausted.”

All of U-Kiss members but Dongho had fallen asleep during the trip back home. He stayed awake for some odd reason. He kept starring at the night view through the car window and let out a sigh every now and then.

“Yah magnae, what’s bothering you huh? Why are you not sleeping like your hyungs?” the manager asked Dongho, but he got no answer from the magnae.

“Any school problem?”

“Ani.”

“Your hyungs bullied you?”

“No.”

“Then what’s the problem huh?”

Dongho bit his inner cheek, suppressed himself to not cry. It had been nine days since the last time he met Chaehyun. He tried to call her for nth time but she never picked it up even once. She also didn’t go to campus. Dongho tried to come to her house, but the gate was always locked. He hung his head down, he hated being ignored.

“Finally~ I’m home!” Kiseop said in relieve once he stepped in their living room. He threw his body to the couch and closed his eyes, trying to sleep.

“Yah! Hey stinky boy, go wash yourself first!” Kibum told Kiseop while tapping his cheek. Kiseop only let out an annoyed groan but he didn’t move. He slapped Kibum’s hand away and continued sleeping.

“Psh! I have no idea why girls would go crazy over you.” Kibum rolled his eyes and walked to the bathroom before anyone could go there.

“Dongho-ah.” Kevin called, making the others turned their heads towards Dongho who was spacing out again.

“Ah? Ye?” Dongho answered, looking up to face his hyungs.

Eli stood next to Dongho and put his arm around the younger boy’s shoulder. “You were spacing out. Again.”

“Oh. Mianhae.”

“Hey magnae, you know you have us, right? If you have any problem, share with us. We are not blind to think that you are okay. I know something is bothering you.” Xander pointed out. “Come on, tell us.”

Dongho sat on the same couch with Kiseop and looked down. “I… just hate being ignored.”

“Who ignore who?” Kiseop sat up, rubbing his eyes. He looked around and everybody’s eyes were focused on Dongho.

“It has been nine days since the last time I met Chaehyun. I’ve tried calling her, but she didn’t pick it up even once. Don’t tell me to go to her house because I did and the gate was locked.”

“Maybe she is sick?” Soohyun said while taking a sip of his cola.

Dongho looked up. “I-- I never thought about that before.”

“But I think it’s impossible.” Eli butted in. “Remember when she tripped and her knee was bleeding? She ignored the blood that was dripping down on her leg and kept on walking until she reached her home. You guys saw it, right? She is a strong girl.”

“I second you, Eli. Chaehyun wouldn’t skip her school just because of illness.” Kevin said, nodding his head cutely.

Dongho let out a heavy sigh again. Kiseop put his arm around Dongho’s shoulder and patted his head slightly. “Don’t worry. Everything is gonna be alright.”

 

--------------------

 

Dongho sat on the couch, hugging his knees. He watched his hyungs busy walking in and out their rooms to get ready for their schedules. It was Sunday and luck was on Dongho’s side, he got no schedule today. A soft sigh escaped his mouth as he placed his chin on his knee.

“I’m going first. Don’t forget to lock the door.” Soohyun said, ruffling Dongho’s hair.

“Ye, hyung.”

“Enjoy your day off, Dongho.” Kevin said, waving his hand then walked out from their living room.

“We are leaving too.” Xander stepped on his shoes and zipped his jacket. “You know where the food is, right?”

“Yes, ahjumma.”

“Aish. Stop calling me ahjumma.” Xander pouted.

Dongho let out a weak laugh and waved his hand. “Go home quickly, hyungs.”

“Don’t mess up this place, baseball boy.”

“Ne, pigeon.”

“Don’t forget to take a bath.”

“Yes, Kiseop hyung.”

“Don’t burn this place. Got it?”

“Neeeeeee~ Arasseo, Kibummie hyung.” Dongho laughed so hard. Kibum never failed to make him laugh.

Dongho heard the door closed and he let out a sigh. He fished his phone from his pocket, no missed call no message. He rested his head on the head rest and closed his eyes. “Maybe I should just go back to sleep.”

 

--------------------

 

“Kamsahamnida, ahjumma~” a beautiful girl bowed to a woman at the coffee shop and waved her hand happily. She walked out from that place, holding a cup of vanilla latte. She took a sip of it and smiled ear to ear like crazy, the taste of her favorite drink was still the same as before.

That girl walked to the nearby park and sat down on the grass. She looked around and her eyes went teary in a sudden. She quickly rubbed her eyes so the tears wouldn’t fall on her cheeks.

“I miss him.”

That girl hung her head down and smiled sadly, remembering what she had done to him in the past. She dumped him for a simple happiness. She admitted that she was crazy for kicking him out of her life like that.

“Maybe I shouldn’t come back here.”

Finally the tears started falling down on her cheeks, making stains on her beautiful face. She stood up but someone bumped on her.

“Mianhae.” the girl who just bumped on her said, she was the one who fell down on the ground. She picked her hat and placed it on top of her head. She stood up and bowed to the taller girl in front of her. “It was my fault. Sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

The short girl looked up and amazed at how beautiful the stranger’s face was. “You are pretty, eonni. But why are you crying? Did I hurt you?”

“Eonni?” The beautiful girl let out a soft laugh and wiped her tears away. “Hahaha… I’m probably at the same age as you. No need to call me eonni.”

“Oh really? You look so mature!”

“Hahahaha… Thanks. Oh btw, you look like in a hurry--“

The short girl cut her off. “Ah. Ye. I need to meet my friend soon. It has been two weeks since the last time we met yet I didn’t give him any message.”

“Then you better go now.”

“Eh? Oh, ne.” the short girl bowed. “Once again, mianhae. But it’s nice to meet you…”

“Hyemi.”

“Ah. Ye. Sorry, Hyemi. I’m Chaehyun btw. Jung Chaehyun.” Chaehyun extended her hand and Hyemi took it, squeezed it slightly. “Well, I’m leaving now. Bye.”

“Bye. Nice to meet you, Chaehyun.”